+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ninian Park pub

Ninian Park pub

Been meaning to ask for a while but does anyone know what is happening there?

I can't see how it can survive as a pub and was convinced it would be bulldozed for flats but it looks like it is being renovated.

Is it to re-open?

Re: Ninian Park pub

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Sun, 24 January 2016 11:37
    Alright Nige. I was told that the guy who owns Riverside Cantonese has bought it, with the intention of moving his restaurant there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 wrote on Sun, 24 January 2016 11:54
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Sun, 24 January 2016 11:37
    I can't see how it can survive as a pub and was convinced it would be bulldozed for flats but it looks like it is being renovated.
    A canteen for Tan

Ya, been told it's going to be one of those things mentioned in 's text message's

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Alright Nige. I was told that the guy who owns Riverside Cantonese has bought it, with the intention of moving his restaurant there.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Thats exactly what I heard. Strange location I thiught but that said so is the existing location (of the Riverside). Still the very best Chinese I have eaten anywhere.

The riverside Cantonese is in the heart of Cardiff's small Chinatown , maybe he's opening a second place

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The riverside Cantonese is in the heart of Cardiff's small Chinatown , maybe he's opening a second place
    I'd say Les Croupiers is more of a Chinatown that a couple of businesses in Riverside.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    A canteen for Tan
    Can Tan-ese Restaurant.

Finest Chinese I've eaten was the Riverside, confirmed by the number of Chinese eating there

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Finest Chinese I've eaten was the Riverside, confirmed by the number of Chinese eating there
    As I said earlier its our little Chinatown , my Chinese friends from Bridgend go there , its authentic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    As I said earlier its our little Chinatown , my Chinese friends from Bridgend go there , its authentic

I take it there're Red Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    I take it there're Red Chinese
    More a shade of yellow gos

The old Ninian Park pub was right on the junction by the traffic lights , Brains pub.

I remember going in there as a 16 year old in 1968 before a game to be
    greated by a chalked message on the bar which said : " Careful with your dogs gentlemen , rat poison
    down ".

Nows there's a sign you don't see any more. We walked back down the road to the " Boar's Head " which
    was run by Peter Rodrigues' dad and had what seemed to be a safer pint of Hancocks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    The old Ninian Park pub was right on the junction by the traffic lights , Brains pub.

greated by a chalked message on the bar which said : " Careful with your dogs gentlemen , rat poison
    down ".

Nows there's a sign you don't see any more. We walked back down the road to the " Boar's Head " which
    was run by Peter Rodrigues' dad and had what seemed to be a safer pint of Hancocks.
    memory of hiding under a table once, when away fans decided to invade the pub, and older folk advised youngsters to take cover under tables, aarh ,the good old days of solid table and chairs to either take cover under or use .

Theyre moving because they want parking

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

down ".

Wasn't it Johnny Rodrigues that had the Boar's Head, Brian, Philip and Maria's father.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Theyre moving because they want parking
    They can get him on a free at the end of the season.

Imagine the losses they'd make feeding him.

Any intell on when the new Riverside restaurant will open? Thanks in advance.

spot on definitely johnny's pub. sadly brian passed away very young