+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not much angst about Mason going!

Not much angst about Mason going!

Does it reflect the growing disinterest in all things CCFC or simply that his performances have been poor most of this season and £3.5m is a very good deal.

Re: Not much angst about Mason going!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 13:23
    Does it reflect the growing disinterest in all things CCFC or simply that his performances have been poor most of this season and £3.5m is a very good deal.
    No one is THAT stupid.

Re: Not much anger about Mason going!

Because we all know Joe wasn't very good, no speed, no heading ability... occasional decent finisher and he aint worth £3.5M in my view

Anything that happens down there now is not surprising, think we're battle hardened now.

3.5 million is great business. I liked Mason but he wasnt doing it for us .

I bet he outscores any striker we have.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 14:07
    How much?

We haven't got any.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 14:08
    How much?
    Mason wasnt exactly ripping up the trees for us though was he?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 14:08
    We haven't got any.
    This is Cardiff city after all so it sounds plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 14:09
    How much?
    Actually I dont think we have a striker left.
    Tbf he was playing shit but hopefully going to Wolves gives him a fresh start

He wasn't scoring goals and we are told 3 players (all strikers) are on coming he had to go, I doubt think he was worth £3.5 but was good business.

Why do we do it. I have no idea. Its bonkers. but its what we do.

How much?
    We have no strikers left ? ? ? one of the " stay-away from the ground but still posts here gloaters " will be on soon to point that out

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 15:34
    How much?
    We have no strikers left ? ? ? one of the " stay-away from the ground but still posts here gloaters " will be on soon to point that out
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=413844 &start=0&rid=7045

he's gotta be a very good side to do that

Personally I feel Joe Mason was not treated too well at Cardiff City and I wish him well for the future.

He wasn't good enough as wolves will see. Thought he was a natural predator maybe, but no. Very average. Good deal for us and Plymouth. Makes no difference to us tho, we are not going anywhere anytime soon.

He wasn't good enough as wolves will see. Thought he was a natural predator maybe, but no. Very average. Good deal for us and Plymouth. Makes no difference to us tho, we are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Burp ! Goats repeating on himself !

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 15:57
    Personally I feel Joe Mason was not treated too well at Cardiff City and I wish him well for the future.
    he was given every chance.At times looked like a little school boy playing with the big boys.We were lucky to off load him but I wish him all the best anyway.

Most fans accept that the fee Wolves paid was too good t turn down, that's why the lack of angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 15:36
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 15:34
    How much?
    Where have you been? You'd have to get up very early in the morning to out-gloat TLG:
    I must have missed that last night though ( though the time say it was late, i was watching the last walking dead last night and then went to bed )

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 16:05
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 15:57
    he was given every chance.At times looked like a little school boy playing with the big boys.We were lucky to off load him but I wish him all the best anyway.
    he did have that look about him, he always looked like he was going to do something special, but never pulled it of enough

i don't think he has developed at all in the last 3 years, so a move will be good for him. The fee was good for us based on his form. A new coach/manager may bring out the best in him and we could see the Joe Mason that was good when he started with us. Sadly it'll be with Wolves though. Oh, and he doesn't score enough to be an out and out striker.