+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can Slade prove everyone wrong?

Can Slade prove everyone wrong?

If he got us promoted, given the financial constraints, having tan as a boss and the considerable stick from the fans, it would be a hell of an achievement. Along with many I would have been happy to see Slade gone in recent months, but we all love an underdog story. It would be great to see him turn it round.

Re: Can Slade prove everyone wrong?

Not a hope in hell!

Not everyone...

Unlikely, but were not doing as badly as it would appear.

Obviously it would be great but it isn't going to happen.

Hes still got by Championship standards a highly paid squad who should be up there challenging.

What struck me while listening to the match on the radio was how often Rob Phillips and Kevin Ratcliffe complimented City's play. We've seen good play at times at the CCS - I think that the combo of O'Keefe and Ralls may be the crucial factor.

City are capable of beating most of the teams in this division in a one-off game, so if we do sneak into the play-offs, who knows?

Our problem has been consistency, but we are on a mini-run of 7 points from 3 games with no strikers! Anything's possible.

I'm no fan of Slade as a first team manager at Championship level and if we did get promoted, I feel it would be despite his best efforts rather than because of them. City have performed best when change has been forced on him. Those limitations I am sure are recognised within the club and a new structure would be in order for another season at PL level.

Been there, got the .........etc

Quote Originally Posted by severncity wrote on Sat, 30 January 2016 19:39
    What struck me while listening to the match on the radio was how often Rob Phillips and Kevin Ratcliffe complimented City's play. We've seen good play at times at the CCS - I think that the combo of O'Keefe and Ralls may be the crucial factor.
    There's no doubt that the overall quality of our play has improved recently, but we have to be more consistent. Maybe Slade has, at long last, got us playing how he wants. Also we couldn't buy a goal from open play before Christmas, but now we're scoring them for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Sat, 30 January 2016 19:31
    If he got us promoted, given the financial constraints, having tan as a boss and the considerable stick from the fans, it would be a hell of an achievement. Along with many I would have been happy to see Slade gone in recent months, but we all love an underdog story. It would be great to see him turn it round.
    Don't let today's game give you a glimmer of hope.....Huddersfield were shite. Simple as that. Never looked like scoring until we gave them two easy chances. Luckily we scored more then them. We looked lost at times with balls heading back to the keeper when we had everyone forward. It was a nice away win but do not get carried away!

Banned

You and other clueless fans might think he needs to "prove" something, but to the fans who support their manager he doesn't have to prove anything.

Would you stick with slade if we got promoted? If he did and we stuck with him I would be straight down bookies that we beat derby's record. Anyway I can't see us making the playoffs personally I think there is 6 teams better than us and will finish above us

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy wrote on Sat, 30 January 2016 19:56
    You and other clueless fans might think he needs to "prove" something, but to the fans who support their manager he doesn't have to prove anything.
    Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue wrote on Sat, 30 January 2016 19:52
    Don't let today's game give you a glimmer of hope.....Huddersfield were shite. Simple as that. Never looked like scoring until we gave them two easy chances. Luckily we scored more then them. We looked lost at times with balls heading back to the keeper when we had everyone forward. It was a nice away win but do not get carried away!
    Edit.

It would but he won't.