+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GP - lost referral means another 10 day wait. Complain?

GP - lost referral means another 10 day wait. Complain?

OK - so I had an ultrasound on a number of lumps in my legs just after Christmas, the results of which were sent to my GP in late January.

I hadn't heard anything from my GP and arranged an appointment with him last week. During the appointment, he said that I had been referred to the Sarcoma Unit at UHW - not exactly what I wanted to hear - for a second opinion. The referral had been sent in the first days of this month.

As with all these things, leaving it to the doctors is not really recommended, and I have chased up the Sarcoma Unit in Cardiff and they have told me they have not received any referrals.

Back to the GP who says he will send today - so that's another 10 day wait at least, again not ideal.

Is this something that I need to complain about? It's not particularly a pleasant experience waiting to get confirmation on these lumps, and I was a bit freaked out last week when they mentioned the Sarcoma unit. Are there time limits for getting seen in these types of circumstances?

Re: GP - lost referral means another 10 day wait. Complain?

Hope it turns out well for you.

Dont need the extra stress of a complaint. Leave it be, go and have a cup of tea.

In England yes ( in theory ). Not sure about Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Mon, 15 February 2016 16:42
    Dont need the extra stress of a complaint. Leave it be, go and have a cup of tea.
    Actually that is good enough advice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Mon, 15 February 2016 16:39
    Hope it turns out well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Mon, 15 February 2016 16:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Mon, 15 February 2016 16:42
    Actually that is good enough advice for me.
    Best of luck and fingers crossed it's all OK.

Stay strong and stay positive LJ

Pn a positive note maybe the doctor does not think its too much to worry about and thats why he has dragged his feet.Hope it turns out ok.

Thanks all, I'm quite hopeful they are not too serious - just a bit impatient

OK - so I've waited 2 weeks and still the hospital has not received a referral from my GP, and my GP is adamant that one has been sent. So, another 2 week wait - and not one person is seeing this as being urgent at all.