+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield wednessday

Sheffield wednessday

Really have easy games in the run in apart from derby and us, if we beat them and carry on as we are, I think we will, end up in the top six instead of them

Re: Sheffield wednessday

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 09:53
    Really have easy games in the run in apart from derby and us, if we beat them and carry on as we are, I think we will, end up in the top six instead of them
    I still think we are 5/6 points short of making a serious challenge, but hey ho, who knows. The newcomers, Emmers and Lawrence have made a big difference, as playing Pilks through the middle. With Noone and Morrison due back this week we have a pretty decent looking squad for the run in.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 10:37
    I think we know from bitter experience that league positions mean little in the championship, particularly at the business end of the season.
    League positions mean promotion, relegation or another season in the championship

I wish I had your optimism. I can't see us finishing in the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:33
    Nor me, just short. Slade has still done a decent job though, gets a bit of unfair stick on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 12:54
    Nor me, just short. Slade has still done a decent job though, gets a bit of unfair stick on here.
    Unfair stick? Slade could come up with a cure for world hunger, and people here would still be asking "where's the salt?". He's doing better (league wise) than Mackay did in his first full season.

What planet are you on, mate? Slade has signed some crass players, is inflexible and naive tactically, is incapable of making meaningful substitutions, possesses no charisma and is incapable of firing up his players, has relied completely on his backroom staff, has alienated virtually the whole of the fan base, can only function in the lower leagues and is clearly only Tan's lap-dog.

"Geeve him a charnce'

Stick to the decks mate, you are on dangerous ground when you go on about football

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 13:24
    Stick to the decks mate, you are on dangerous ground when you go on about football
    ...or fishing....

City will not make the playoffs
    Swansea will not be relegated
    Wales will not win the 6 nations
    Donald trump will not the next president.

BAU

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Dave. wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 13:30
    City will not make the playoffs
    Haus?

Oh, and the new board will have crap pop up ads

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 13:04
    Unfair stick? Slade could come up with a cure for world hunger, and people here would still be asking "where's the salt?". He's doing better (league wise) than Mackay did in his first full season.
    Malky's side had two more points than Slade's does after 34 games... and a much weaker squad.

Nice just to be in with a shout ðŸ‘.
    It's a dream, but to get there and win it - wow, how awesome would that be ... ?

Lets say we did the (almost) impossible and made it into the playoffs. Does anyone think we would emerge from them as the last team standing?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 14:08
    Lets say we did the (almost) impossible and made it into the playoffs. Does anyone think we would emerge from them as the last team standing?
    We'd have to win two games in a row. How?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 14:11
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 14:08
    No we wouldn't.

Our last 2 games of the season, Sheff Wed away & Birmingham at home, could decide our season...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 14:26
    No we wouldn't.
    Yes we would.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 14:52
    No we wouldn't.
    Yes we would.
    Ummm... no we wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 14:57
    No we wouldn't.
    Yes we would.
    Ummm... no we wouldn't.
    You are being pedantic and silly. The semi is one game played over 180 minutes.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 15:02
    No we wouldn't.
    Yes we would.
    Ummm... no we wouldn't.
    But even if it was one, it could end up in a draw over the 180 mins and City could go through after penalties. Then all they have to do is win one game... or even win another penalty shootout

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 15:02
    No we wouldn't.
    Yes we would.
    Ummm... no we wouldn't.
    I'm getting sick of telling you you're too stupid to hold a conversation, although that's self-evident.