+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilkington continues to prosper in new role.

Pilkington continues to prosper in new role.

Re: Pilkington continues to prosper in new role.

Back in the season we scored a penalty every other game I remember Dave Jones saying that tactically they had been focussing on getting plenty of bodies into the box during attacks, which would probably help to explain that.

It is rare though that post match interviews in this country at least give any insight into the tactical approach that the team were trying to implement.

To be fair to Pilks, he's shut me up - I thought he was ineffective until his new central striking role and he was involved with all the chances yesterday, his energy levels are also very impressive

Agree with you about the substitutions. Sometimes I wonder whether Slade thinks that making changes is compulsory. I didn't see any need to make changes at all yesterday. The Dikcagoi one confused me but anyway, but after that, when you've just conceded and the opposition are on the front foot in the four added minutes, surely it would be better to stick with who is on the pitch and keep your shape.

I thought both pens were definite pens the first was up the other end to me but not 1 PNE player questioned the decision.
    The second one I was right in-line with and it was a great decision by the linesman.
    What annoyed me was why did n`t the ref at least book the players that did the fouls and on the second 1 the player should have seen a straight red.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:04
    Agree with you about the substitutions. Sometimes I wonder whether Slade thinks that making changes is compulsory. I didn't see any need to make changes at all yesterday. The Dikcagoi one confused me but anyway, but after that, when you've just conceded and the opposition are on the front foot in the four added minutes, surely it would be better to stick with who is on the pitch and keep your shape.
    Exactly what we were saying, the team had shape and all knew their roles, all of a sudden subs are thrown on creating a bit of confusion in the ranks, players getting in each other's way, Ameobi just running aimlessly across the pitch making an utter dope of himself. Pilks did take a bump prior to the second pen but why wasn't he replaced like for like allowing us to carry on as before

Banned

The substitutions made by Slade was spot on. Playing 3 games in a week is bound to take it's toll on players. If Slade had swapped Pilks for Macheda people would have gone ape. The bloke can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/legacy.php?t=getfile&id=8621&private=0[/IMG]Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:04] Agree with you about the substitutions. Sometimes I wonder whether Slade thinks that making changes is compulsory. I didn't see any need to make changes at all yesterday. The Dikcagoi one confused me but anyway, but after that, when you've just conceded and the opposition are on the front foot in the four added minutes, surely it would be better to stick with who is on the pitch and keep your shape.
    I think the last 2 subs were to waste a bit of time at the end of the match. But in general it is hard to remember when our subs have turned a game in our favour recently. As this graphic may suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:13
    The substitutions made by Slade was spot on. Playing 3 games in a week is bound to take it's toll on players. If Slade had swapped Pilks for Macheda people would have gone ape. The bloke can't win.
    So what exactly was the point in bringing Zohore and Ameobi on in the 94th minute?

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:14
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/legacy.php?t=getfile&id=8621&private=0[/IMG]Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:04] I think the last 2 subs were to waste a bit of time at the end of the match. But in general it is hard to remember when our subs have turned a game in our favour recently. As this graphic may suggest.
    The referee adds time on for substitutions, as he did yesterday meaning we had to defend for an extra two minutes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:16
    So what exactly was the point in bringing Zohore and Ameobi on in the 94th minute?
    Well done to Slade for seeing the game out.

To break the game up. What does that even mean? To

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:18
    Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:14
    I think the last 2 subs were to waste a bit of time at the end of the match. But in general it is hard to remember when our subs have turned a game in our favour recently. As this graphic may suggest.
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/legacy.php?t=getfile&id=8621&private=0[/IMG]Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:04] The referee adds time on for substitutions, as he did yesterday meaning we had to defend for an extra two minutes.
    Were you sat by me Barry hehe: the comment made by someone near us was "What's Slade up to? That's another bloody minute", he tries to portray a tactical awareness but I think this whole substitute malarkey is a bit too complicated for him.

Who mentioned Macheda? Zohore and Saadi were on the bench, he sent on Dikagchoi (sp) to shore things up I suppose, but he didn't, they scored and if the game had of gone on for a few more minutes I think we all know what the outcome would have been. I think Saadi at least would have been an outlet to run the ball to the corner flag, as a lot of teams who are in a slender lead do, the way we were set up towards the end that scenario was never going to happen, in fact we invited them on to us......potential suicide with City, we've seen it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:24
    Slow the game down and not let them build up ahead of steam.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:46
    Probably means to take the sting out of Preston.
    Looked like they did build up a head of steam to me, helped by the rearrangement of our formation. Still it is a welcome thing on a Sunday morning for us to be dissecting a vital victory rather than a defeat or the horrors of as last gasp equaliser

We took longer to make the 2 subs than were added on because of them.

Did the linesman give a penalty or a foul outside the box? At the time I was convinced the linesman flagged for a foul as he did not put his flag across his chest to signal a penalty. After discussions they obviously agreed initial contact was outside but the foul continued into the box making it a penalty- so the ref did kind of give it as the linesman didn't.

I haven't seen it since though.

Feedback

Good read bob. One tiny comment - I thought preston's keeper was anders lindegaard and not anders lindgaard

I also thought malone had a good game getting up the left flank. Perhaps having ralls there allows that part of bis game to flourish

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 12:02
    Good read bob. One tiny comment - I thought preston's keeper was anders lindegaard and not anders lindgaard
    Good read. One tiny comment- I thought our left midfielder was Ralls and not rally.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 12:08
    I also thought malone had a good game getting up the left flank. Perhaps having rally there allows that part of bis game to flourish
    Too quick

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 12:09
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 12:08
    I also thought malone had a good game getting up the left flank. Perhaps having rally there allows that part of bis game to flourish
    Good read. One tiny comment- I thought our left midfielder was Ralls and not rally.
    Photo finish required there!

Just changed the spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:55
    Did the linesman give a penalty or a foul outside the box? At the time I was convinced the linesman flagged for a foul as he did not put his flag across his chest to signal a penalty. After discussions they obviously agreed initial contact was outside but the foul continued into the box making it a penalty- so the ref did kind of give it as the linesman didn't.
    Just watched the Sky highlights and you may be right because the first contact was just outside the penalty area, but Lawrence was still being impeded inside the area.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:46
    Probably means to take the sting out of Preston.
    Exactly, but some people are still looking to make Slade the escape goat.