+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pilkington continues to prosper in new role.

Re: Pilkington continues to prosper in new role.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 12:19
    Did the linesman give a penalty or a foul outside the box? At the time I was convinced the linesman flagged for a foul as he did not put his flag across his chest to signal a penalty. After discussions they obviously agreed initial contact was outside but the foul continued into the box making it a penalty- so the ref did kind of give it as the linesman didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:55
    I haven't seen it since though.
    Did you notice the linesman? At the game I was convinced he did not put his flag across his chest (I.e he didn't give a penalty).

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 12:53
    Did the linesman give a penalty or a foul outside the box? At the time I was convinced the linesman flagged for a foul as he did not put his flag across his chest to signal a penalty. After discussions they obviously agreed initial contact was outside but the foul continued into the box making it a penalty- so the ref did kind of give it as the linesman didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 12:19
    Just watched the Sky highlights and you may be right because the first contact was just outside the penalty area, but Lawrence was still being impeded inside the area.
    Yes, he just waved his flag as far as I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 13:02
    Just watched the Sky highlights and you may be right because the first contact was just outside the penalty area, but Lawrence was still being impeded inside the area.
    Did you notice the linesman? At the game I was convinced he did not put his flag across his chest (I.e he didn't give a penalty).
    Fair enough- definitely right decision in the end however they got there together.

I've not seen a linesman do this for some time.

I'd add time wasting and throw-ins to the list, under multiple penalties in a game, of accepted poor refereeing. In the past year we've seen a goalie who deserved to be sent off for time wasting in the first half (Wales v Andorra) who not only didn't get booked also made me realise how few (if any) get a deserved second yellow for it and a player taking a throw in not only 2/3 steps ahead of where the ball went out but 2/3 steps ahead of the closest defender giving the forward thrown to a one on one in a counter: it's at the point where linesmen need the spray as well.

Dikcagoi coming was meant to close the game down that failed , think a few of the team were on their last legs having given all in this game and away at Boro , I'd hate to be a manager , I love the team spirit , Pilks is a god up front works his socks off, so eager to play and chase every ball down.

Word about Malone he had a foul game by all accounts at Boro so well done to him for putting that performance right.

Another fine article.

Incidentally Doyle also got 2 penalties for City, against Blackpool last season at CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:18
    Agree with you about the substitutions. Sometimes I wonder whether Slade thinks that making changes is compulsory. I didn't see any need to make changes at all yesterday. The Dikcagoi one confused me but anyway, but after that, when you've just conceded and the opposition are on the front foot in the four added minutes, surely it would be better to stick with who is on the pitch and keep your shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:14
    I think the last 2 subs were to waste a bit of time at the end of the match. But in general it is hard to remember when our subs have turned a game in our favour recently. As this graphic may suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/legacy.php?t=getfile&id=8621&private=0[/IMG]Barry Shitpeas wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 11:04] The referee adds time on for substitutions, as he did yesterday meaning we had to defend for an extra two minutes.
    Just for clarification its 30 secs per sub. In fact didn't think ref added much over the 4 mins announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 12:16
    Another fine article.
    So he did - I've deleted last season from my memory banks .

Bob, you mention in the article that you seemed to recall Pilkington scoring penalties at his previous clubs. But interestingly (or not) Saturday's were the first penalties that he has taken in his professional career

The two subs help stop Prestons rhythm and although the ref is supposed to add 30 seconds per sub, they rarely do. Slade brought on Dikcagoi to shore up the midfield which was a good idea even if it did not work, as for the linesman putting his flag across his chest, they still do, so the ref knows its a pen, but as the ref had turned away and was not looking at the linesman, he started to wave his flag like a man possessed to attract the refs attention

Quote Originally Posted by Tafferel wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 13:00
    Bob, you mention in the article that you seemed to recall Pilkington scoring penalties at his previous clubs. But interestingly (or not) Saturday's were the first penalties that he has taken in his professional career
    I thought I read somewhere that he had missed penalties during his career - must have been dreaming.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 16:37
    I thought I read somewhere that he had missed penalties during his career - must have been dreaming.
    Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/anthony-pilkingt on-cardiff-city-preston-north-end-2977907.aspx#uJG61uM7l5fw5 eLj.99

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 16:46
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Mon, 29 February 2016 16:37
    "With Whitts not playing, I said to my dad last night that if we get a penalty I'm going to grab the ball," Pilkington began. "My record of scoring penalties wasn't too good before today, but thankfully the two have gone in, and we got the three points.
    Not to be pedantic but it doesn't say he has taken any as a pro. I can't be 100% sure, but the commentator on the highlights seemed to think they were te first of his pro career.