+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Avon and Somerset Constabulary on BCFC v CCFC

Avon and Somerset Constabulary on BCFC v CCFC

Fans attending this weekend’s Bristol City v Cardiff City game are being urged to enjoy the spectacle at Ashton Gate.

There will be no restrictions on supporters of the Welsh side planning to travel to the game - the first time this has happened for several years.

In the past Cardiff City supporters were required to travel by coach to matches in Bristol, to reduce the potential for problems.

However fans of both teams have been reminded that anyone arrested for football-related anti-social behaviour or violence risk missing the European Football Championships in France this summer.
    Fans from both clubs intend to travel to France to follow the fortunes of the home nations - England, Wales and Ireland - in the championship.

However any form of football-related crime can result in a court appearance and a possible football banning order which not only places restrictions on attending football matches but can also result in a ban from travelling abroad.
    We are also reminding those attending the game to be considerate to local residents when parking. Two PCSOs will be patrolling the neighbouring streets, ensuring people do not park dangerously on junctions, block people’s driveways or take it on themselves to move cones.

People should be aware that as well risking a fine, arrangements are in place to have vehicles towed.
    Superintendent Pete Warren, match commander for the weekend game, said: “We hope both sets of supporters will support our decision to remove travel restrictions for the game by being on best behaviour and focusing on the match.

“We will, of course, have a police operation for the match, which will be intelligence-led and include us working with our police officer colleagues in South Wales, as well as both clubs. The priority is for a safe and enjoyable day for both sets of supporters, ensuring the impact of the game on visitors to the city, local residents and businesses, is kept to a minimum.

“Club stewards will remove anyone...

Re: Avon and Somerset Constabulary on BCFC v CCFC

I am keen to see how this goes off tomorrow.

I, on the other hand, had to drive to a service station on the M4, pick up a ticket between the ridiculous window of 6:15-6:45pm, then drive to the ground to make it for a 7:45pm kick off.
    As decent as the CCFC stewards and officials were to give me my ticket, the whole inconvenience and timing was ridiculous.

If Cardiff come to us and behave like twats, then I can only assume we will go through the same again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurssey-BCFC View Post

I, on the other hand, had to drive to a service station on the M4, pick up a ticket between the ridiculous window of 6:15-6:45pm, then drive to the ground to make it for a 7:45pm kick off.
    As decent as the CCFC stewards and officials were to give me my ticket, the whole inconvenience and timing was ridiculous.

If Cardiff come to us and behave like twats, then I can only assume we will go through the same again next season.
    It was because your lot "behaved like twats", that restrictions were put in place, you twat. (laughing smiley)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It was because your lot "behaved like twats", that restrictions were put in place, you twat. (laughing smiley)
    ^^

Short-term memory, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by *** G L O V E S *** View Post
    ^^

Short-term memory, it seems.
    Not really.
    I've been to perhaps 5 of the last 6 visits to Bristol and there has been no trouble at all.
    We deserve a bubble free trip.

However the last time the Worzels came here a group of their fans showed their courage by smashing up the pub that was put on for them. Hence restrictions this time.

In fairness, a. They probably weren't regular Bristol City fans ( our cops described them as scrotes, many of whom didn't even support BCFC)
    b. Most seem to accept that we deserved a bubble free trip.

If things go well tomorrow then in 10 years time when we meet again hopefully there will be no restrictions again 😉

The last time we played over in Bedminster we were allowed to travel any way we wanted. We did n`t have any arrests (25/08/2012)
    In the return match the police reciprocated the arrangements for Bedminster town f.c. and they just could n`t behave.(16/02/2013)
    People act like tits they get treated like tits. https://djleekee.wordpress.com/2013/...ns-in-cardiff/

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not really.
    I've been to perhaps 5 of the last 6 visits to Bristol and there has been no trouble at all.
    We deserve a bubble free trip.

However the last time the Worzels came here a group of their fans showed their courage by smashing up the pub that was put on for them. Hence restrictions this time.

In fairness, a. They probably weren't regular Bristol City fans ( our cops described them as scrotes, many of whom didn't even support BCFC)
    b. Most seem to accept that we deserved a bubble free trip.

If things go well tomorrow then in 10 years time when we meet again hopefully there will be no restrictions again ��
    I was agreeing with the point made by BT :D

Fingers crossed this match passes by without any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The last time we played over in Bedminster we were allowed to travel any way we wanted. We did n`t have any arrests (25/08/2012)
    In the return match the police reciprocated the arrangements for Bedminster town f.c. and they just could n`t behave.(16/02/2013)
    People act like tits they get treated like tits. https://djleekee.wordpress.com/2013/...ns-in-cardiff/
    Exactly , I've seen this warning on the couple of boards , but when we went there and lost 4-2 it was totally free of restrictions . All trains packed , drinks in spoons by temple meads , long walk to the ground , some got taxis ( better idea) .
    We walked back via a few pubs without a hint if trouble .
    So why are they warning us when it's clearly the inbreds who can't control themselves .

Quote Originally Posted by random in Berks View Post
    So why are they warning us when it's clearly the inbreds who can't control themselves .
    Both sets of fans have behaved poorly in the past.
    There is not one side on blame here.

When was the last time we did any thing wrong at your place.

Yes in the past but do you agree our last trip to you was bubble and trouble free ? Allowing your lot the same , but they couldn't behave in a pub set up for them with no opposition fans to wind them .
    Country bumpkins !

I hate Bristol city , wolves and Leeds more than I hate the jacks

Come back on here if God forbid something happens.

Until then don't come out with the both sides bad as each other line when your lot caused havoc in 2013 and ensured that no doubt a lot of decent Bristol City supporters had to go through the restricted travel issue.

Although in your case if you were inconvenienced I find that highly amusing.