+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FULL TIME: Bristol City 0 - 2 Cardiff City. (Immers 21, O'Keefe 83)

Re: LATEST (83 mins): Bristol City 0 - 2 Cardiff City. (Immers 21, O'Keefe 83)

4 added minutes

Re: Bristol City v Cardiff City. Matchday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jurssey-BCFC View Post
    We do what we like
    We do what we like.....
    We're Bristol City
    We do what we like

I'm outta here. I love beating Cariff.
    I'm going to be in the row pretty much right next to the Welsh lot - well with the police between us...

We'll win this
    How did that go? :D

International (over 7000 posts) dr_socks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jurssey-BCFC View Post
    We do what we like
    We do what we like.....
    We're Bristol City
    We do what we like

I'm outta here. I love beating Cariff.
    I'm going to be in the row pretty much right next to the Welsh lot - well with the police between us...

We'll win this

Take that Carrot Cruncher.

Re: FULL TIME: Bristol City 0 - 2 Cardiff City. (Immers 21, O'Keefe 83)

Yeesss! Brilliant Weekend's made now

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    We did.
    Well done ' Cariff ' \o/

edit: Don't worry Penarth B, I'll edit this if .. nah
    I still can't relax when we're only 2-0 up with seconds to play

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I still can't relax when we're only 2-0 up with seconds to play
    Understood - perfectly well.
    Its a Cardiff thing :D

Att 15758

Back to back wins. Excellent

Last edited by Michael Morris; 05-03-16 at 14:57.

Re: LATEST (80 mins): Bristol City 0 - 1 Cardiff City. (Immers 21)

Yes!

Bristol Sport 0 - Bluebirds 2

Looking forward to going into work on Monday :o

How many bluebirds went over, I ain't got sky

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    Back to back wins. Excellent
    Happy days!

The Immerman strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Just under 1500. Our full allocation.

Fantastic , up yours wurzels , watch yourselves along coronation road if going home by train

Naff off jursey

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The club site preview yesterday said over 1,400 away tickets sold - a sell out.

Ashton Gate capacity just over 16,000 with the stand closure - so allowing for segregation space and a 10% away allocation, something like 1,450 Bluebirds?

HAhaha Jursey you wurzel c**t
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 05-03-16 at 14:17.

Good result

Immers has turned out to be a stunning signing. Wouldn't have got him if it wasn't for the transfer embargo too.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    HAhaha Jursey you wurzel c**t
    That reminds me. I need to work on the swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That reminds me. I need to work on the swear filter
    Sorry boss but is the wurzels

Report from Bristol Post

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol.../story.html?#1

CARDIFF City beat arch rivals Bristol City 2-0 in the Severnside derby at Ashton Gate to ignite their Championship play-off push today.

Lex Immers fired the Bluebirds in front after 21 minutes and they soaked up heavy pressure before breaking away to score a crucial second goal with eight minutes left on the clock.

Robins keeper Richard O'Donnell saved a shot from Tom Lawrence, only for Stuart O'Keefe to follow up and net with a stooping header from close range to settle the outcome.

City improved after the break and head coach Lee Johnson threw caution to the wind in an attempt to conjure an equalising goal, sending on Aaron Wilbraham and Kieran Agard and playing the last 25 minutes with three strikers.

But the Robins lacked a cutting edge against a well-drilled defence in which goalkeeper David Marshall and centre-back Bruno Ecuele Manga were outstanding,

Nathan Baker squandered City's best chance of the first half, heading over from a corner, while Marshall made a fantastic save to keep out Lee Tomlin's curling free kick after the break.

They will have an opportunity to put further distance between themselves and the bottom three when they travel to Wolves on Tuesday.

Robins keeper Richard O'Donnell saved a shot from Tom Lawrence,

Deciding not to risk Korey Smith's injured ankle, Johnson named an unchanged starting line-up. If he hoped for a repeat of his team's performance against Nottingham Forest last time out, however, he was sadly disappointed in a first half in which the home side seldom posed an attacking threat.

Instead, it was Cardiff who created the only clear-cut chance of the opening 45 minutes. The Robins paid the price for diffident defending when Joe Ralls was allowed time to pick out Immers, whose side-footed shot beat keeper Richard O'Donnell from 10 yards out.

City attempted to play a high line and were again caught out when the visitors sprung the off-side trap and Anthony Pilkington, employed as a lone striker, tested O'Donnell with a first-time shot that required the keeper to push the ball behind for a corner.

Able to create chances almost at will against Forest, City found the going hard against a Bluebirds side that defended in depth and with great resilience. When opportunity did finally come knocking, it was in the familiar form of a set piece, Nathan Baker meeting Lee Tomlin's deep corner with a header that flashed over the bar.

Recognised as one of the best goalkeepers in the Championship, Cardiff's David Marshall was only called upon once to make a meaningful save in the first half, flinging himself to his right to palm away an angled shot from Jonathan Kodjia.

In the ensuing melee, Bobby Reid went to ground under challenge from big Bruno Ecuele Manga, but City's appeals for a penalty were summarily dismissed by referee Graham Scott. Still aggrieved by the official's decision not to award a spot kick, Tomlin argued his way into the referee's notebook as he left the pitch at half time.

Head coach Johnson changed things around at the start of the second half, pushing Tomlin into attack alongside Kodjia and switching Reid to the left side of midfield.

Cardiff boss Russell Slade made an unwanted change, replacing the injured Lee Peltier with Sean Morrison, who went to centre-back with Matt Connolly moving to right-back.

Bryan tried his luck with a shot from range, which flew high and wide, before Tomlin forced Marshall into a one-handed save, his shot taking a deflection off a blue-shirted defender as City attempted to exert sustained pressure.

When the home side failed to find a way through after 20 minutes of the second period, Johnson announced a double substitution, sending on Luke Ayling and Aaron Wilbraham for Mark Little and Reid and deciding to go for it for the final 25 minutes.

Tomlin almost mustered an equaliser when his curling free kick threatened to creep in, only for Marshall to get across his goal and make a sprawling save.

In a final throw of the dice, Johnson sent on Kieran Agard in place of the tiring Kodjia 11 minutes from the end, but it was Cardiff who came up with the decisive goal.

O'Donnell could only palm away a powerful shot from Lawrence and O'Keefe followed up to score from close in and consign the Robins to only their second defeat under Johnson.

Bristol City (4-4-1-1): O'Donnell; Little (Ayling 64), Flint, Baker, Golbourne; Freeman, Pack, Bryan, Tomlin; Reid (Wilbraham 64); Kodjia (Agard 79 ).

Cardiff City (4-4-1-1): Marshall; Peltier (Morrison 46), Ecuele Manga, Connolly, Malone; Lawrence, O'Keefe, Ralls, Whittingham (Noone 70); Immers (Dikgacoi 83); Pilkington.

Referee: Graham Scott (Oxfordshire)

Attendance: 15,758

Re: LATEST: Bristol City 0 - 1 Cardiff City. (Immers 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    Sounds like Manga is having a bit of a shocker according to Radio Wales.
    According to Wales Online and the Bristol Post (and most of the Player commentary too) Manga had a very good game.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol...il/story.html?

the Robins lacked a cutting edge against a well-drilled defence in which goalkeeper David Marshall and centre-back Bruno Ecuele Manga were outstanding.

and

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-leag...ff-city/report

With Bruno Ecuele Manga outstanding at the back, Cardiff repelled Bristol's attacks and emerged worthy winners.
    Last edited by jon1959; 05-03-16 at 14:27.

Listening to Radio Wales commentary Big Kev was constantly criticising Manga. Accusing him of not being interested and basically not good enough etc.

What I have seen of Manga I rate him highly so would be interested on fans who went to the game today.

spotted your error, you were "listening" to ratcliffe.