+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So MODS....

So MODS....

A couple of 'Elysium' threads removed - with which I have no problem.

My question is, why let them develop/fester in the first place?

Surely deleting them early on, nips the conflict in the bud and sends a clear message to everyone.

Just wondering, like.....

Probably no mods were around last night, I guess.......

Re: So MODS....

Keep them bubbling over until the buffoon finally dribbles into his chin a broken man, and then delete.

And (NSASWA), it begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Keep them bubbling over until the buffoon finally dribbles into his chin a broken man, and then delete.
    LOL!

And that's what happened?

Class if it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    A couple of 'Elysium' threads removed - with which I have no problem.

My question is, why let them develop/fester in the first place?

Surely deleting them early on, nips the conflict in the bud and sends a clear message to everyone.

Just wondering, like.....

Probably no mods were around last night, I guess.......
    You need to look in to why those nights threads were deleted I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    It's comments like that from posters like you that are the reason that threads are deleted.
    Last edited by Elysium; 24-03-16 at 19:05.

FAO Mods:

How come QPR London's smiley transferred across to this new board but :tbg: didn't?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    FAO Mods:

How come QPR London's smiley transferred across to this new board but :tbg: didn't?
    There are a few missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    There are a few missing.
    The people at the top are trying to sweep this embarrassing oversight under the carpet, as usual, but we won't forget and we shall never rest until ALL smileys are reinstated to their former glory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    The people at the top are trying to sweep this embarrassing oversight under the carpet, as usual, but we won't forget and we shall never rest until ALL smileys are reinstated to their former glory.

Steve keeps moaning because the one is missing, he needs that one the most :hides:

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    FAO Mods:

:tbg:

Steve keeps moaning because the one is missing, he needs that one the most :hides:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    (still missing) he will be happy

Has something happened to the envelopes? mine have all gone back to being blue and it keeps showing replies in threads that I've seen loads of times.

Blog Entries

I just noticed the politics forum has gone, is that why it's all reset?

(still missing) he will be happy

Has something happened to the envelopes? mine have all gone back to being blue and it keeps showing replies in threads that I've seen loads of times.

I've been doing some tweaking.

I disabled 'hot topics' so the red envelopes don't show - they depicted a thread of more than 15 replies or 150 views.

So now you have a blue envelope or a grey one. The blue is an open envelope alerting you to a thread with unread messages.
    The grey envelope you will notice is closed meaning no unread messages.

The board was set to mark all threads as read after a couple of hours. So if you logged on tonight and looked at threads posted this morning they would all seem to have been read even though you had not even opened them. That setting has changed to 30 days so from now on any threads you have not opened or read will remain unread until you open them or 30 days has passed and it will automatically be marked as read.

Also this should now mean syncing across devices. If you read a thread on your laptop and then 30 mins later looked at ccmb on your phone the thread would be unread even if no one else had posted in it. Now an unread thread on your laptop is automatically unread when you log onto ccmb on another device.
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 26-03-16 at 01:20.

I just noticed the politics forum has gone, is that why it's all reset?
    i have absorbed all the politics threads into the main board. It was isolated and was not meant to be on here. It got ported over and I've only just remembered to get rid of it.

I'm open to suggestions about different forums. I'd like to garner opinion about what we could or should have as secondary forums, if any at all.

Blog Entries

I've been doing some tweaking.

I disabled 'hot topics' so the red envelopes don't show - they depicted a thread of more than 15 replies or 150 views.

So now you have a blue envelope or a grey one. The blue is an open envelope alerting you to a thread with unread messages.
    The grey envelope you will notice is closed meaning no unread messages.

The board was set to mark all threads as read after a couple of hours. So if you logged on tonight and looked at threads posted this morning they would all seem to have been read even though you had not even opened them. That setting has changed to 30 days so from now on any threads you have not opened or read will remain unread until you open them or 30 days has passed and it will automatically be marked as unread.

Also this should now mean syncing across devices. If you read a thread on your laptop and then 30 mins later looked at ccmb on your phone the thread would be unread even if no one else had posted in it. Now an unread thread on your laptop is automatically unread when you log onto ccmb on another device.
    I was just getting used to the red boxes

I was just getting used to the red boxes
    i'd like a better definition between the blue and the grey (red isn't really appropriate is it) but I've not found out how to change that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    i have access to all the smileys. i'd forgotten i have them in the admin of the old board. I've uploaded a few more this evening.

Blog Entries

i'd like a better definition between the blue and the grey (red isn't really appropriate is it) but I've not found out how to change that yet.
    They were red on the old board, I thought the red and blue worked well.

if i can work out how to change the colours we could have blue for unread and red for read.

I'll re-instate hot topics so we have a blend of colour

I haven't got any envelopes or smilies. God knows why.