+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City - strong finishers to the season

Cardiff City - strong finishers to the season

Just read this article http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...facts-11093139 and it's a load of nonsense. It tries to suggest we are traditionally strong finishers to a season.

Of the last 10 seasons, our points per game average over the last 8 games has been better than our seasonal average on 5 occasions, worse on the other 5 occasions. Reduce that to our last 6 games and, again, the same statistic. If we look at our last 4 games of a season, then we've only managed a better points average than our seasonal average on 3 occasions.

Since 2005/6 we've won 1.47 points a game on average, yet our points average for the last 8 games in a season for the same period is 1.39, reducing to 1.26 for the last 6 games and 1.03 for the last 4 games.

None of that suggests Avabanana's article is worth eating your chips from.

Re: Cardiff City - strong finishers to the season

Well I ate my chips off it anyway and it may have ruined my computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Well I ate my chips off it anyway and it may have ruined my computer screen.
    Have you ever got something serious to say?

Banned

We've taken a look at the final eight-match run-in of Cardiff's last seven Championship campaigns and the facts and figures spell good news.

He is talking about the last seven seasons so why are you blubbering on about the last 10 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Have you ever got something serious to say?
    You're quite right. This is serious business.

It's clearly in response to the idea of "doing a Cardiff", which Walesonline seemed to want to promote previously. "Doing a Cardiff" was always a nonsense - either you could say the vast majority of teams are capable of under performing in important games and that's why they weren't Fergie's Man United or you could other teams under performed well before the big game. It's like this Ramsey curse which is also a nonsense that we shouldn't buy into.