+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we dont make the top 6 .. Slade .. Y/N?

If we dont make the top 6 .. Slade .. Y/N?

Unlucky tonight.
    On any other night City would have had the spoils from that utter battering Leeds were subjected to.

If Slade drops short of his known and established target he will be under pressure - most likely.

But if we continue to look like a competitive and exciting team, would you want him to stay and continue to build on whatever has apparently (magically?) occurred over the last few weeks?

Or .. not?

Re: If we dont make the top 6 .. Slade .. Y/N?

Slade has done what he was supposed to cut the wage bill and still mount a decent chance at promotion which he has done. Football has been decent to watch lately as well.

I think it would be harsh to get rid of him

Not!

Keep him better the devil you know.Anyway he is doing well so why change it.You can get a so called big name in but that does not mean that person will be any better.He deserves the right to manage without one hand tied behind his back.He has conducted himself well despite some ill mannered treatment and has now won the fans over. Well done Russ you have proved us wrong.:)

Get shot of Slade but hang on to Trollope. In fact give Trollope the job.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Keep him better the devil you know.Anyway he is doing well so why change it.You can get a so called big name in but that does not mean that person will be any better.He deserves the right to manage without one hand tied behind his back.He has conducted himself well despite some ill mannered treatment and has now won the fans over. Well done Russ you have proved us wrong.:)
    Not quite as far as I'm concerned. As I said in my blog piece after the wurzels match, the thought of Russell Slade being here next season no longer fills me with dread, but I'd not take it much further than that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Heard a great rumour last night. No matter what happens this season it's Bellamy and Harry Redknapp next season. Made me chuckle nearly as much as our finishing last night.

Happy to see him stay, we have taken a lot of cost out and improved on the field.

Can't think who we could realistically get in who I would want more at the moment - certainly not harry redknapp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Have Slade as Director of Football,give Trollope the job and bring someone in ,Bellamy maybe,instead of Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    Heard a great rumour last night. No matter what happens this season it's Bellamy and Harry Redknapp next season. Made me chuckle nearly as much as our finishing last night.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bellamy here. I would be astonished to see Redknapp here .

Redknapp would only come for a huge amount of money.Thats what has driven along for years.He is living in a really upmarket place near Bournemouth in retirement.Why would he travel to Cardiff to manage us.London club maybe but him in Cardiff has failure written all over it.