+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This flu virous

This flu virous

My mrs has been in bed scince Sunday.i went back to work on tuesday but have been raf scince.It feels like i have done 14 rounds with Ali and took on fraizer between rounds.Might not be able to make the Ipswich game.My boss phoned thursday and told me i hope you are in work on Friday as we are short staffed it is freezing in work we have no heating in the storesI want to be well for my 60th on Sunday.

Re: This flu virous

Going down like flies in my business as well, bloody flueza

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    My mrs has been in bed scince Sunday.i went back to work on tuesday but have been raf scince.It feels like i have done 14 rounds with Ali and took on fraizer between rounds.Might not be able to make the Ipswich game.My boss phoned thursday and told me i hope you are in work on Friday as we are short staffed it is freezing in work we have no heating in the storesI want to be well for my 60th on Sunday.
    Which squadron?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Which squadron?
    Perhaps he meant army and it was the cold stream guards?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Which squadron?
    the rough as fcuk,the one where you are to weak to fly

the rough as fcuk,the one where you are to weak to fly
    I've never been able to fly mate

Me, the missus and the 2 kids currently have it. It's a bit of a ****, to put it politely...

This flu virous, is it a new strain of flu VIRUS, or are there new and various viruses going around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I've never been able to fly mate
    you can if you get on a plane

Is it really flu, or is it a really heavy cold?

They say that if you see a twenty pound note blow and stick against your window, if you go out and get it before it blows away, you haven't got flu.

There's some shitty viruses around, but they may not be real flu.

Hope you have a happy 60th on Ssunday.

I was planning a big bash for my 60th, but spent the day sitting on the sofa with my leg in a brace, having broken my kneecap in two a few weeks earlier

AFAIK, the difference between Flu and a Cold is that Flu has slightly less of the runny blocked nose type of thing, but more of the aches and - most of all - a definite temperature, as it is a true fever.

Yeah, it's not nice. Claiming a few where I work. Had a rare day of sick as I was shaking so badly with my arms pulled up and in to me that it looked as though I was riding an invisible horse. Still have a dizzy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Is it really flu, or is it a really heavy cold?

They say that if you see a twenty pound note blow and stick against your window, if you go out and get it before it blows away, you haven't got flu.

There's some shitty viruses around, but they may not be real flu.

Hope you have a happy 60th on Ssunday.

I was planning a big bash for my 60th, but spent the day sitting on the sofa with my leg in a brace, having broken my kneecap in two a few weeks earlier
    Feel like shit me and the mrs have been like john & yoko in bed doing nothing,hope my day goes better than yours.

Best advice - avoid unnecessary contact with others, especially large crowds...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Best advice - avoid unnecessary contact with others, especially large crowds...
    You'll be ok at the CCS then.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You'll be ok at the CCS then.
    As a precaution, I will be wearing my face mask, bought for the occasion in Lloyds, and using an antiviral spray on every surface I'm likely to touch. This may look odd to the observer, but if it means my health, then hey-ho...

(I speak as one who passed on the jab a few weeks ago)

7 weeks ago, my youngest daughter got it, in a few days i am feeling rough

2 weeks have passed and i go to the docs, they say i have this " viral bug thats going around ", a throat infection and a chest infection, the doc says i will fight the infections of myself and the viral bug will go in good time

a week on and i am almost dead on the sofa, hot and cold sweats, at times it was like i had just got out of the shower, shaking, a really bad wheeze, really hard to breath

next day i phone the docs, get a appointment and the doc says " you should have gone to the hospital the way you are struggling to breath ", marvellous, 8 days previous she told me i would fight it of myself, so i finally get a course of antibiotics, the cough has gone, i still feel fairly rough, but at least i can breath and my throat is fine again

its a rough one alright, its been over 7 weeks now and still its hard work

My ex neighbour, well in to retirement, but very active and very sprightly, caught this thing a few weeks back.
    Got so bad she had to be induced into a coma (whaaat?) to help her deal with it and a few days ago the hosp informed her family to expect the worst. Awful.
    I'm pleased to say, she seems to be pulling through now.

What the hell are these vicious virus bastards exactly ?

Serious top tip. You can drastically reduce the symptoms of flu by taking 1500 mg of Lysine every three hours for one day. You will notice improvement within six hours. Also drinking strong black coffee to quicken metabolism and taking aspirin, which will destroy the protective coating of the virus, helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Serious top tip. You can drastically reduce the symptoms of flu by taking 1500 mg of Lysine every three hours for one day. You will notice improvement within six hours. Also drinking strong black coffee to quicken metabolism and taking aspirin, which will destroy the protective coating of the virus, helps.
    Cheers IG - Bookmarked - in case. Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    7 weeks ago, my youngest daughter got it, in a few days i am feeling rough

2 weeks have passed and i go to the docs, they say i have this " viral bug thats going around ", a throat infection and a chest infection, the doc says i will fight the infections of myself and the viral bug will go in good time

a week on and i am almost dead on the sofa, hot and cold sweats, at times it was like i had just got out of the shower, shaking, a really bad wheeze, really hard to breath

next day i phone the docs, get a appointment and the doc says " you should have gone to the hospital the way you are struggling to breath ", marvellous, 8 days previous she told me i would fight it of myself, so i finally get a course of antibiotics, the cough has gone, i still feel fairly rough, but at least i can breath and my throat is fine again

its a rough one alright, its been over 7 weeks now and still its hard work
    The Dr would not give me or the mrs anything,but she told me her husband has had this for 3 weeks ,great.I will not be down the game today sorry to say so you are all safe.

I will not be down the game today sorry t say so you are all safe.
    I applaud you for your selflessness and consideration for your fellow fans. It must have taken a great deal of agonised soul-searching to decide not to go to today's game simply because you didn't want to pass the 'flu on to anyone else. One can only hope that other supporters with the same symptoms do not selfishly attend and pass on their germs. Nice one, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I applaud you for your selflessness and consideration for your fellow fans. It must have taken a great deal of agonised soul-searching to decide not to go to today's game simply because you didn't want to pass the 'flu on to anyone else. One can only hope that other supporters with the same symptoms do not selfishly attend and pass on their germs. Nice one, mate!
    And its my 60th tomorrow there would have been lots of drinks for me