+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO STRIKER = NO GOALS END OF!

NO STRIKER = NO GOALS END OF!

Chickens home to roost time.

Re: NO STRIKER = NO GOALS END OF!

Isn't it true that they had this sly thing called 'a Goalkeeper on an utter blinder'?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Isn't it true that they had this sly thing called 'a Goalkeeper on an utter blinder'?
    Goalie pulled off some great saves, but did you see Pilks attempt on an open goal after Noone's free kick?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Goalie pulled off some great saves, but did you see Pilks attempt on an open goal after Noone's free kick?
    Fair enough, no I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Fair enough, no I didn't.
    Lost my vote for PFA Player of the Month.

Also needs heading practice (as does rest of team).

Chickens home to roost time.
    17 goals in 10 games without strikers = 1.7 per game

30 goals in 26 games with strikers = 1.15 per game

Over to you....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    17 goals in 10 games without strikers = 1.7 per game

30 goals in 26 games with "strikers" = 1.15 per game

Over to you....
    Corrected for you.

A decent striker will score regularly and take a reasonable percentage of chances. He will be the difference on days like today between losing and getting a result. Fabio's sending-off is a side issue. We continued to be the better team after that, but no end result.

Cardiff 25 shots on goal; 10 on target.

End result 0 goals.

My case resteth.

(Edit: Even Kenwynne would have scored against those lardy centre halves today, no question!)

Cyclops, as I said before you cannot expect to see the real game as you only have one eye. The team tonight cannot be faulted, they gave everything, from start to finish, and even if we had a striker on to start he would not have scored, luck was against us tonight and a goalkeeper who has not played like that since God was a boy. you really are a tit, on another night we could have scored six.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Cyclops, as I said before you cannot expect to see the real game as you only have one eye. The team tonight cannot be faulted, they gave everything, from start to finish, and even if we had a striker on to start he would not have scored, luck was against us tonight and a goalkeeper who has not played like that since God was a boy. you really are a tit, on another night we could have scored six.
    Not questioning the team's work-rate, mate. I'm questioning the wisdom of playing with not one recognised striker. All the work-rate in the world makes no difference if there's no-one to put the ball in the net.

So you think that their goalkeeper would not have saved those shots he did, if a striker had shot them? ;)

This exactly. We were right behind the shot for their first goal and it would have hit the outside of the post until Fabio deflected in.

You don't need a striker to win games, when we got promoted I don't think we had one which got more than 10.

There's no option now but to continue with pilks for the time being. We were unlucky tonight there's no point going over board after this

The team did sort of give everything when we went down to 10 men, and we did not get the rub of the green with some of our chances. However, I thought CM was lightweight tonight. We need a ball winner/leader in there to boss these sort of games. We did not match Leeds physical game in midfield, except with Fabio's lunge!!The Ralls/O'keefe partnership seems to have a game on,game off rota going on and Whitts was poor I am also puzzled as to why Slade brings on Zahore when Idris is on the bench. If he is fit to be on the bench then give him a chance. Anyway, lucky most of the results went our way. A win against Ipswich can get us right back in it.
    Spedger

So you think that their goalkeeper would not have saved those shots he did, if a striker had shot them? ;)
    He wouldn't have saved all of them.

Similar to Marshall in the prem - outstanding saves game after game, but we still got tonked.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    You don't need a striker to win games, when we got promoted I don't think we had one which got more than 10.
    There's no option now but to continue with pilks for the time being. We were unlucky tonight there's no point going over board after this
    Joe Mason got 12 that season and Bellars, 11.

There are striker options, not very good options, but few suddenly become strikers after playing in other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    He wouldn't have saved all of them.
    So just because they were hit by a recognised striker would make them more likely to go in? Nonsense.

Joe Mason got 12 that season and Bellars, 11.
    Are you sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E...ty_F.C._season

(Edit: Although, looking at this source in more detail, this appears to be duff information. I am sorry for posting wrong stats. It also appears that Whitts scored 68 club goals that season!)
    Last edited by Cyclops; 08-03-16 at 23:50.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    I think those numbers are wrong. Wasn't Helgurson top scorer?
    Don't recall Mason getting 12 and Bellers didn't get 11.....don't think he scored after Leicester away.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    I think those numbers are wrong. Wasn't Helgurson top scorer?
    Don't recall Mason getting 12 and Bellers didn't get 11.....don't think he scored after Leicester away.
    Yeah, you're right. I was reading the total goals up to that season scored by current players that season. Apologies again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    The team did sort of give everything when we went down to 10 men, and we did not get the rub of the green with some of our chances. However, I thought CM was lightweight tonight. We need a ball winner/leader in there to boss these sort of games. We did not match Leeds physical game in midfield, except with Fabio's lunge!!The Ralls/O'keefe partnership seems to have a game on,game off rota going on and Whitts was poor I am also puzzled as to why Slade brings on Zahore when Idris is on the bench. If he is fit to be on the bench then give him a chance. Anyway, lucky most of the results went our way. A win against Ipswich can get us right back in it.
    Spedger
    Zahore won a lot in the air and at that stage of the game offered something different.He is a big lad and better equipped to battle the big deefnders

Not questioning the team's work-rate, mate. I'm questioning the wisdom of playing with not one recognised striker. All the work-rate in the world makes no difference if there's no-one to put the ball in the net.
    Wonder if you use the same logic for Bale when Wales started to use him as a striker.

Pilkington is in good form and alongside Immers has formed a decent partnership up top.

I understand your cry for a recognised striker, but we'll see what future weeks have to bring. Maybe Saadi or Macheda will make an impact?

very one eyed view of the attacking force we have at the moment.
    Immers, Lawrence and Pilkington...
    Best attacking and most entertaining partnership since Chopra,Bothroyd and Ross McCormack

I was very disappointed when we had to let Watt go.I wonder if he would he fit in to this team?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

It was only Frazier Campbell who got into double figures but I believe we had a lot of players scoring four or more goals. I thought we played as well if not better than against Brighton at home .
    Sometimes it's just not your day or in this case night