+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Festival 2016

Cheltenham Festival 2016

Heading up Tuesday for the day and have my seat in the pub booked for the rest of the week.

Anyone going.?

Any tips for the week because im struggling.

Re: Cheltenham Festival 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Heading up Tuesday for the day and have my seat in the pub booked for the rest of the week.

Anyone going.?

Any tips for the week because im struggling.
    Not going but most certainly will be watching every day with interest.

For the Supreme I'll be going against Min, like Hendersons two in Altior 9/2 and Buveur D'air 7/1 probably the latter being the most exciting.

There's only on horse in the Arkle in Douvan, so no value there.

The Ultima Handicap Chase (14:50) there's a bit of value and a quite open race, Tizzards horse Theatre Guide at 14/1 and Hobbs horse Kruzhinin at 10/1 looking great bets.

The Champion Hurdle I like Annie Power 2/1 but also My Tent Or Yours 8/1 and The New One 6/1 it looks a lot more open now Mullins star hurdler Fargheen is out.

Can't wait though.

I'm there on Thursday, can't wait.

I wonder how many horses will be killed this year. +

Can you bet on how many horses die? They have turned horse racing into a blood sport.

Quote Originally Posted by alipops View Post
    I wonder how many horses will be killed this year. +

Can you bet on how many horses die? They have turned horse racing into a blood sport.
    Zero horses died last year, you're moaning they've turned horse racing into a blood sport yet, you want to place a bet on how many horses will die... You couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Not going but most certainly will be watching every day with interest.

For the Supreme I'll be going against Min, like Hendersons two in Altior 9/2 and Buveur D'air 7/1 probably the latter being the most exciting.

There's only on horse in the Arkle in Douvan, so no value there.

The Ultima Handicap Chase (14:50) there's a bit of value and a quite open race, Tizzards horse Theatre Guide at 14/1 and Hobbs horse Kruzhinin at 10/1 looking great bets.

The Champion Hurdle I like Annie Power 2/1 but also My Tent Or Yours 8/1 and The New One 6/1 it looks a lot more open now Mullins star hurdler Fargheen is out.

Can't wait though.
    Im finding it difficult to oppose Min on form.

Hendersons record in this puts me off the 2 you mention. I may do Supersundae E/W.

The Champion Hurdle is a difficult one. No idea what to do.

Contrary to popular belief, nobody knows which horses are going to win.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im finding it difficult to oppose Min on form.

Hendersons record in this puts me off the 2 you mention. I may do Supersundae E/W.

The Champion Hurdle is a difficult one. No idea what to do.
    Min has been pulling like a train in Ireland and could get away with it in the weaker races, if he decides to go off like rocket in this one he could just run out of steam by the time he's got to get up that hill, I think it's much a more open Supreme than the last 2/3 years. Altior at Kempton was fantastic and was really impressed by him and Buveur D'air is an aeroplane in the making.

I know Hendo hasn't got a great record in this one but I genuinely think he's got two really good chances here. Min is probably the one to beat based on the yard he's at and jockey but I don't think he's a Vatour or Douvan type plus he was ordinary in France.

Supersundee is a great e/w too and there's been a few pundits talking him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, nobody knows which horses are going to win.

Hope this helps.
    Douvan in the Arkle is as near to a certainty as you can get. Put your house on it.

Douvan in the Arkle is as near to a certainty as you can get. Put your house on it.
    2/5 on over jumps. Must be some horse.

Annie Power 9/4 for Tuesday 3.30 (Champion Hurdle)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    2/5 on over jumps. Must be some horse.
    He's in a different league. Willie Mullins his trainer has said he's possibly the best horse he's had, now that's some complement for a novice chaser.

Meanwhile I had three winners at Warwick today
    3/1 8/1 and 12/1
    Happy Days

Min has been pulling like a train in Ireland and could get away with it in the weaker races, if he decides to go off like rocket in this one he could just run out of steam by the time he's got to get up that hill, I think it's much a more open Supreme than the last 2/3 years. Altior at Kempton was fantastic and was really impressed by him and Buveur D'air is an aeroplane in the making.

I know Hendo hasn't got a great record in this one but I genuinely think he's got two really good chances here. Min is probably the one to beat based on the yard he's at and jockey but I don't think he's a Vatour or Douvan type plus he was ordinary in France.

Supersundee is a great e/w too and there's been a few pundits talking him up.
    Like Supasundae as well, also like Silver Concorde at a price.

I'm going up on Friday and I can't wait ,will be hoping to find one or two of Mullins outsiders that he always gets. Annie Power owes me from last year

Best of luck everyone

Any cleaver person fancy organising a comp on here as in past festivals?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I'm going up on Friday and I can't wait ,will be hoping to find one or two of Mullins outsiders that he always gets. Annie Power owes me from last year

Best of luck everyone
    Me too. That sight of her missing that last hurdle still gives me nightmares.

Dont bet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Any cleaver person fancy organising a comp on here as in past festivals?
    Tempted but not had a bet for about a year. So trying to not get involved as i had major problems in the past with gambling wrecking my life.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob. View Post
    Tempted but not had a bet for about a year. So trying to not get involved as i had major problems in the past with gambling wrecking my life.
    Can not fault you keep it up.I had the same with the cash cows in the bookies i have not been on them for 18 months,i could put in 200 in less than an hour.When you can break the habbit it is so easy.

Going will be Good to Soft tomorrow though it will be tacky, this will take some handling . You will need a horse that gets the trip well and I forsee a lot of horses struggling up the hill.
    Supreme,: The bookies will take on Min and so will I.
    Charbel should handle the ground and stays 25/1ew also Penglai Pavilion definitely stays and I can see him running on up the hill and at 40/1 a good ew bet.
    Arkle : Douvan all over but no value. Have a crack on The Game Changer for Gordon Elliott at 7/2 without Douvan.
    Champion Hurdle : Annie Power in receipt of 7lbs mare allowance can make amends for last year.
    Mares : Again will take on jolly Vroum Vroum Mag with Aurore D'Estruval. This strapping mare trained by Pembrokeshire's Becca Curtis has seemingly poor form, but the Curtis yard has suffered with a bad batch of feed sickening horses and a virus. However in the last week her yard has come into form just in time. 14/1 a good price.
    National Hunt : 4 miles will take some getting but I am all over Gordon Elliott's Noble Endeavour at 6/1 ( NAP). This is an Amateur riders race and Elliott has booked Mr J J Codd to ride. He is what you can call a " professional " Amateur.
    Back this.
    Novices Handicap. Killer Crow to complete the hatrick for Elliott , Bryan Cooper up for Gigginstown this massive fella, generally jumps soundly , will stay and is good value at 12's.
    For those who like a decent punt.
    6.10 Kempton Wednesday Dove Mountain.
    Be lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothoppa Razor View Post
    Going will be Good to Soft tomorrow though it will be tacky, this will take some handling . You will need a horse that gets the trip well and I forsee a lot of horses struggling up the hill.
    Charbel should handle the ground and stays 25/1ew also Penglai Pavilion definitely stays and I can see him running on up the hill and at 40/1 a good ew bet.
    Arkle : Douvan all over but no value. Have a crack on The Game Changer for Gordon Elliott at 7/2 without Douvan.
    Champion Hurdle : Annie Power in receipt of 7lbs mare allowance can make amends for last year.
    Mares : Again will take on jolly Vroum Vroum Mag with Aurore D'Estruval. This strapping mare trained by Pembrokeshire's Becca Curtis has seemingly poor form, but the Curtis yard has suffered with a bad batch of feed sickening horses and a virus. However in the last week her yard has come into form just in time. 14/1 a good price.
    National Hunt : 4 miles will take some getting but I am all over Gordon Elliott's Noble Endeavour at 6/1 ( NAP). This is an Amateur riders race and Elliott has booked Mr J J Codd to ride. He is what you can call a " professional " Amateur.
    Back this.
    Novices Handicap. Killer Crow to complete the hatrick for Elliott , Bryan Cooper up for Gigginstown this massive fella, generally jumps soundly , will stay and is good value at 12's.
    Be lucky.
    Good write up.

Noble Endeavour got to be worth a go. Codd is as good as most pros. Easily the best amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Can not fault you keep it up.I had the same with the cash cows in the bookies i have not been on them for 18 months,i could put in 200 in less than an hour.When you can break the habbit it is so easy.
    I miss going to Cheltenham but I don't miss spunking my wages every week . Nearly 4 years since I quit my usual haunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothoppa Razor View Post
    Back this.
    Be lucky.
    Irish Cavalier non runner and aimed at RSA or Gold Cup.
    Killer Crow a non and aimed at Fairyhouse Irish National meeting. He has two entries inc the Irish National.

I've just had a text to say Annie Power for the Champion Hurdle Challenge. I liked the look of Peace & Co but seems like I'm the only one. So think I'll keep my money for another day.