+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Festival 2016

Re: Cheltenham Festival 2016

That was a spot on call about Min by Phil Stants Brother. He was far too keen to post, didn't like Charbel leading him, and once he jumped out of Ruby's hands and made that mistake down the back , all over. Altior always going well under a great ride and race was run for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothoppa Razor View Post
    That was a spot on call about Min by Phil Stants Brother. He was far too keen to post, didn't like Charbel leading him, and once he jumped out of Ruby's hands and made that mistake down the back , all over. Altior always going well under a great ride and race was run for him.
    Cheers, he did exactly what I thought he'd do, the good gallop played right into Altior's hands. Great start to the day for me, £10 win on Altior and also did Buvour D'air in a lucky 15.

Onto tomorrow now. Yanworth v Yorkhill is a tough one to split in the Neptune, also would absolutely love to see a Sprinter Sacre win.

More of That
    Yorkhill (just)
    Rock The Kasbah treble for me tomorrow.

I am off to Kempton tomorrow to see Dove Mountain hopefully win.
    Gordon Elliott likes his chance very much and as a hold up horse has Jamie Spencer up, good booking.
    Gordon all over No More Heroes tomorrow and gives Campeador a big big chance.

Josies Orders 16-10
    Ballyandy 17-30

If you have a bet with Skybet in the first race on any day of festival, if it loses they will refund stakes up to £25 in form of a free bet.
    Good deal that for tomorrow.

Dove Mountain a non runner today.
    Gordon Elliott not happy with race make up.
    Will run 7.15 Wolverhampton Sat evening .
    No More Heroes Cheltenham will win.

Gone with Lucky 15

Yanworth , More of That , Un De Sceaux , Josies Order. All favourites

Have a look at the handicaps with a pint later.

Johnson seems keen on Rock the Kasbah 2.50 so had a small bet on that and may up it later.

E/W Bet on Bacardys 17:30

Had Sprinter at 11/2 £10 win, he was looking marvellous in the parade ring and looked back to himself, so glad I did.

That has to go down as one of the best come back stories ever, given he was untouchable 3 years back and was 1/4 on the first time he won the champion chase. I'm a massive Sprinter fan and screamed the house down watching him sail up that hill, great sight that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Had Sprinter at 11/2 £10 win, he was looking marvellous in the parade ring and looked back to himself, so glad I did.

That has to go down as one of the best come back stories ever, given he was untouchable 3 years back and was 1/4 on the first time he won the champion chase. I'm a massive Sprinter fan and screamed the house down watching him sail up that hill, great sight that.
    Simply one of the greatest moments in racing history. What a story. I was there on the Wednesday last year when Sprinter was pulled up. Thought hed be retired. At his best probably amongst the best 3 steeplechasers of all time.
    I thought if he was 80 per cent of his best he could win but doubt he would be. He was better than than that and when he strode clear and put Un DE Seaux in his place a great moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Josies Orders 16-10
    Ballyandy 17-30
    Got Ballyandy @ 15/2

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Simply one of the greatest moments in racing history. What a story. I was there on the Wednesday last year when Sprinter was pulled up. Thought hed be retired. At his best probably amongst the best 3 steeplechasers of all time.
    I thought if he was 80 per cent of his best he could win but doubt he would be. He was better than than that and when he strode clear and put Un DE Seaux in his place a great moment.
    Absolutely brilliant run

Wonderful day , could not write the script.
    Had Campeador in the Fred Winter, never count your money till they jump the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothoppa Razor View Post
    Wonderful day , could not write the script.
    Had Campeador in the Fred Winter, never count your money till they jump the last.
    Was going well and who knows what would have happened.

Ruby on the other side also going well and another to add to his last fence/hurdle falls. Brilliant jockey and great ride on Yorhill but he hits the deck a lot at the last when in contention.

This last fence fall thing with Ruby needs to be taken in context. Ruby rides many favourites and they are usually in contention when he is aboard. He also gets horses to run sweetly on the bridle, however some of these will struggle when push comes to shove and can make mistakes. He also rides a lot of top class horses who invariably are involved with other top class horses. Therefore he must ask his mounts to go for it at the last, he cannot take a tug. Any other jockey who had the rides he had would be the same or worse.
    Its jockeys who fall off in the middle of races I worry about more.

Does the Vautour/Thistlecrack/Limini treble seem to obvious?

Pays 6/1.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Does the Vautour/Thistlecrack/Limini treble seem to obvious?

Pays 6/1.
    Pays 15/2 with Skybet, all look nailed on, but something will save the bookies no doubt.
    Have been given Letheriverrundry 2.25 Towcester.

I've done the Vautour, Thistlecrack, Limini treble as it looks easy money. But, one will probably come in short as already said, you've got to be in it to win it though I suppose.

Done Smart talk @ 6/1 in the same race as Limini just in case, doubled with Our Kaempfer @ 10/1.

Good luck today.

I've done the Vautour, Thistlecrack, Limini treble as it looks easy money. But, one will probably come in short as already said, you've got to be in it to win it though I suppose.

Done Smart talk @ 6/1 in the same race as Limini just in case, doubled with Our Kaempfer @ 10/1.

Good luck today.
    I've bet Smart Talk as well don't like the fav

Good luck today.
    Had Vautour, Thistlecrack, Limini with Black Hercules on e/w and win bets. Few hundred. Some of the lads (with bigger balls! ) had a couple of grand today. 'Free Money Day at Chelts' they've been calling it!

Ruby and Willie kicking it big time.

Off up there tomorrow can't wait I fancy Blue Hell in the County handicap hurdle and Barters Hill in the Albert Bartlett can't decide what to bet in the big one,help needed.Anyone else going up?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Off up there tomorrow can't wait I fancy Blue Hell in the County handicap hurdle and Barters Hill in the Albert Bartlett can't decide what to bet in the big one,help needed.Anyone else going up?
    Don Cossack all day long for me.

Had £10 on Ivanovich Gorbatov @ 4/1 first up.

Onto Barters Hill & Cue Card double.

Also need Don Cossack in another bet to land £58 so two handed in the big one.

Well that was one hell of a Festival.
    Annie Power , a mare , winning the Champion Hurdle, Douvan, Vatour , Vroum Vroum Mag and Limini all imperious for Mullins and Ruby.
    Don Cossack , a huge imposing horse, galloping the field to obliv

Highlight has to be Sprinter Sacre. The roar when he went past Un De Sceaux was incredible.

Ricci clearly not happy yesterday. Hopefully next year we will see clashes the sport needs.