+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate to say it but........

I hate to say it but........

Thanks to Mike we have a great new board, but "posters maketh the board" and it seems to be a bit quiet over here, dare I say even a bit boring.
    I can see that, for whatever reason, a number of posters don't appear to have made it across.
    We all need to try to make it work, but we need to bounce of each other and that just doesn't seem to be happening.
    Or is it just me?

Re: I hate to say it but........

I think it's 'just you' .

Chris is still posting.

It's like going to an adults only resort. There is peace and quiet as the kids haven't come

Slade et al need to do their bit too. Get our juices going and bring some excitement and we'll get more posters and topics started.

Events in sport and general news often kick start both message board earthquake threads, and aftershock threads. We've got the EU referendum coming up, and the US Predidential election too look forward to.

I look forward to the board being flooded with Euros banter and even the Swansea fans joining Bluebirds in having heated troll threads against the English posters who frequent here from time to time.

People need something to talk about and this platform gives people a place to do it.

Besides, one whiff of promotion and the Premiership plastics will arrive in droves for their glory hunting tour.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Thanks to Mike we have a great new board, but "posters maketh the board" and it seems to be a bit quiet over here, dare I say even a bit boring.
    I can see that, for whatever reason, a number of posters don't appear to have made it across.
    We all need to try to make it work, but we need to bounce of each other and that just doesn't seem to be happening.
    Or is it just me?
    Perhaps people are off doing other things as the board appears to have reinvented itself as a latter day "lads mag".

It is also noticeable that the politics forum has all but died and should really be put out of its misery.

That said, other than a few minor bumps in the road, its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    We've got the EU referendum coming up, and the US Presidential election too look forward to.
    Aw Gawd!

I read/lurk more than I post.

So can you all please post more. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Perhaps people are off doing other things as the board appears to have reinvented itself as a latter day "lads mag".

It is also noticeable that the politics forum has all but died and should really be put out of its misery.

That said, other than a few minor bumps in the road, its all good.
    I agree. And might I suggest that the reason for that is linked to my other point about certain posters not making it across

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Or is it just me?
    I agree that there seems to be a lot of posters who haven't bothered making the switch to the new board. Mind you, even before the move here, this was a board that had generally lost the desire to talk about the thing it was started up for.

We've had a couple of years where following City was really hard work and, hardly surprisingly, many on here wanted to talk about other things. Now though we are one point off the Play Offs with less than ten games to go, the football is much better than it was, there has been some very good off the pitch news recently and the last two home matches has seen the crowd reconnecting with the team and getting behind the manager.

There is a bit of a feelgood factor about Cardiff City at the moment and I feel lots of people are rediscovering their enthusiasm for the club, but I see very few signs of that on here.

One other thing is that there seems to be a high level of misunderstanding of posts at the moment. If you feel that what you've written is going to be taken the wrong way, you may hesitate to post and the moment is lost. I note that recently totally innocent posts and even whole threads have been deleted due to misunderstandings. Surely it's best to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    It's like going to an adults only resort. There is peace and quiet as the kids haven't come
    Such resorts are actually normally filled with fat arses and saggy tits, sums this place up well me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree that there seems to be a lot of posters who haven't bothered making the switch to the new board. Mind you, even before the move here, this was a board that had generally lost the desire to talk about the thing it was started up for.

We've had a couple of years where following City was really hard work and, hardly surprisingly, many on here wanted to talk about other things. Now though we are one point off the Play Offs with less than ten games to go, the football is much better than it was, there has been some very good off the pitch news recently and the last two home matches has seen the crowd reconnecting with the team and getting behind the manager.

There is a bit of a feelgood factor about Cardiff City at the moment and I feel lots of people are rediscovering their enthusiasm for the club, but I see very few signs of that on here.
    I know what you mean. I feel more positive about City since the Blackpool play-off game at Wembley. Maybe people only post to have a moan?

The reason the board is so quiet is because there is less to moan about.

The board is quieter. Hopefully it'll get back into full swing again soon,, as this boards strength is in its dynamism I think.

This is compounded, for me anyway, by my phone loading threads from the cache, rather than refreshing them. Sometimes even if I know there are new posts on there I still get the cached version without them on. If other people are experiencing the same phenomenon it might be a retardant factor in the general hustle and bustle of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The board is quieter. Hopefully it'll get back into full swing again soon,, as this boards strength is in its dynamism I think.

This is compounded, for me anyway, by my phone loading threads from the cache, rather than refreshing them. Sometimes even if I know there are new posts on there I still get the cached version without them on. If other people are experiencing the same phenomenon it might be a retardant factor in the general hustle and bustle of the board.
    That happens to me too and it's frustrating. It really doesn't bold threads with new posts consistently.

It's obvious that one reason for the drop in posting is down to cosy little private Facebook groups started up around the time of the switch and posters prefer yaking with their friends on these. Also, the rise of CCMB members-only clubs which have been encouraged by the new format has further alienated and sidelined posters.

As I haven't been invited to join any of these (presumably because of height restrictions), I seem to have drawn the short straw. It's not as though I haven't made formal requests to join.
    Last edited by Tall Midget; 15-03-16 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That happens to me too and it's frustrating. It really doesn't bold threads with new posts consistently.
    Even if I navigate using the "go" button it still loads from the cache for me.
    I wonder if there is a way of limiting the time it will cache it for before deciding to load the page fresh?

It is in terminal decline.
    The old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it looks have come true. What the trolls will do now , Lord only knows, you cannot wind up nobody.
    Mike has killed his golden goose.

' build it and they will come ' .

Early days, A decent season of football and this place will pick up.
    Forums - in general - are not as popular, esp. with youngsters who have a lot of choice regard their online time.
    As do older folks, if they want.

Although clearly on its knees, I would be wary of removal of the politics board.
    It might attract the party political stirrers to start up in the main board again.
    (the politics board having been a small audience and rather barren ground for them ).
    But I'm sure it will all right itself.

New board is pretty good IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    It's obvious that one reason for the drop in posting is down to cosy little private Facebook groups started up around the time of the switch and posters prefer yaking with their friends on these. Also, the rise of CCMB members-only clubs which have been encouraged by the new format has further alienated and sidelined posters.

As I haven't been invited to join any of these (presumably because of height restrictions), I seem to have drawn the short straw. It's not as though I haven't made formal requests to join.
    OMG get over it will you it's gone now, nobody uses it as it was a temporary group while the board was down, if you think people are still using it instead of coming on here you are 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

^^^^^^ this

It should return to normal if we miss out on the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    OMG get over it will you it's gone now, nobody uses it as it was a temporary group while the board was down, if you think people are still using it instead of coming on here you are 100% wrong.
    Not totally convinced...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Not totally convinced...
    Well I can't do much about that but it's still the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Well I can't do much about that but it's still the truth.
    It would put my mind at rest if you would provide the passwords and the urls out of the goodness of your magnanimous heart

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    This is it, when the team has any hope of doing anything posts on here slow down

It also seems quieter due to the idiot trolls who seem to be attempting to behave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It would put my mind at rest if you would provide the passwords and the urls out of the goodness of your magnanimous heart
    If I didn't know you better I would think that was a joke