+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drinkwater

Drinkwater

Named in England squad today.

Who'd have thought that when he was playing for us?

Re: Drinkwater

For a minute I thought Gideon was going to tax that aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    For a minute I thought Gideon was going to tax that aswell.
    Well it must be bad for people, in a recent study scientists found that every person throughout history that has consumed water has later gone on to die.

I've even heard that swimming in it can be dangerous.

He was really young when he was here, it annoys me when players get written off when they're still in their teens.

Especially in the championship, it must be hard for younger player to get used to such an aggressive league.

It's also easier to look good in a good team and we were largely forgettable that season.

How he has got into the England squad is beyond me. He just seems to have ran about a lot for a season and gets rave reviews. Whereas Mark Noble has been doing the business for a number of years now and never gets a look in.

Baffling... oh well, fancy our chances against them in the Euros if Drinkwater is their midfield general

Mark Noble is no where near good enough for England, decent player but no more than that.

Drinkwater has been brilliant for the best team in the league, he does the dirty work which is why you might not think he's that good. But I think he's won possession more than any other midfielder in the league.

How can you say Mark Noble is no where near good enough yet Drinkwater is? When they both do the same job only Noble has done it consistently longer?

The amount of good players we should of kept at this club is very annoying, what about young Regan Poole, not good enough apparently lol

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBlue View Post
    The amount of good players we should of kept at this club is very annoying, what about young Regan Poole, not good enough apparently lol
    If only we would of of.

Drinkwater was only on loan and his club recalled him to loan him elsewhere.
    And Regan Poole was very young wheb he left us and there's no guarantee he'll make it still.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Mark Noble is no where near good enough for England, decent player but no more than that.

Drinkwater has been brilliant for the best team in the league, he does the dirty work which is why you might not think he's that good. But I think he's won possession more than any other midfielder in the league.
    Mark Noble is a great player especially when playing against us never gets the credit he deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    How can you say Mark Noble is no where near good enough yet Drinkwater is? When they both do the same job only Noble has done it consistently longer?

I like Noble I think he's a good player but I don't think he's ever shown quite enough form to get into the England squad.

Drinkwater has excelled for a team who are top of the premier league and imo deserves a call up. I don't think he'll get too many caps though because I don't think he'll have another season like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

I agree he not good enough for England, but is way ahead of drinkwater, if Vardy mahrez and Kante were not in Leicesters team they would be fighting relegation IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Drinkwater was only on loan and his club recalled him to loan him elsewhere.
    And Regan Poole was very young wheb he left us and there's no guarantee he'll make it still.
    Sensible post

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Sensible post
    Exactly..Macheda was going to be the next Maradona for a while at old Trafford...Where is he now?

I agree he not good enough for England, but is way ahead of drinkwater, if Vardy mahrez and Kante were not in Leicesters team they would be fighting relegation IMO.
    It is not an exaggeration to say that Kante has been the best player in the Premier League this season. He will be at a "Big Club" next season and not necessarily in the PL. Wonderful midfield performer who is the engine of the whole team.

Don't Drinkwater......

Don't Mark Noble

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Named in England squad today.

Who'd have thought that when he was playing for us?
    Just sums up how poor England are ,hard working bread and butter player, Spain Germany must be quaking in their boots. What next Jay Bothroyd leading the line.

Nottingham via Cardiff I think ,Google it, ?