+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Huge fuss today

Re: Huge fuss today

So if a Welsh player called Itoje a nigg** boy it's OK as long as he apologises?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So if a Welsh player called Itoje a nigg** boy it's OK as long as he apologises?
    If Itoje accepts the apology then why not?

Samson Lee was offended. It's why he reacted to Marler on the pitch.

The term gypsy is offensive to lee as for one he is not a gypsy, if you looking the meaning up I wouldn't exactly call him a gypsy. He comes from a family of travellers, whether you can class the comment as racist who knows, but it's a derogatory mark against Lee and marker deserves to be punished, also coz he's a dirty English ****.

Exactly, come tomorrow I'm going to be racist as fuk to every1, but apologise straight after so all is sound.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBlue View Post
    The term gypsy is offensive to lee as for one he is not a gypsy, if you looking the meaning up I wouldn't exactly call him a gypsy. He comes from a family of travellers, whether you can class the comment as racist who knows, but it's a derogatory mark against Lee and marker deserves to be punished, also coz he's a dirty English ****.
    OMG I'm one of those

So you think that doesn't send out the wrong signals? In a high profile match which a lot of kids will be watching you think it's OK for a player to call another player nigg**er boy. You surprise me.

So you think that doesn't send out the wrong signals? In a high profile match which a lot of kids will be watching you think it's OK for a player to call another player nigg**er boy. You surprise me.
    You keep leaving out the pertinent part though Pearcey, there was an apology that got accepted. Do "the kids" not see that part of the exchange in your universe?

The double standards shown by so many really is quite incredible.

Bloody PC brigade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    The double standards shown by so many really is quite incredible.
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    And what punishment do you suggest?

Miss the next game to spend the time laying tarmac on old peoples drives

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Who?
    I'm sure you'll get a straight answer to that right away.

like the old days

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Miss the next game to spend the time laying tarmac on old peoples drives
    How deep does the tarmac have to go though? If it's two inches he could be done and on his way home by midday.

Hmmm I wonder why he apologised perhaps he was told that his comment had been heard on the microphone and was told to apologise. Apologising after doing something wrong doesn't mean you should then avoid being punished.
    The 6 Nations committee are now having to explain their decision to the world body. I suspect Marler will still be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    like the old days
    POST YOUR PICTURE PACKERMAN COME ON PACKERMAN

Fair play Croesy, you must search every news website to find the most controversial topic you can to raise some kerfuffle on here.

POST YOUR PICTURE PACKERMAN COME ON PACKERMAN

Hmmm I wonder why he apologised perhaps he was told that his comment had been heard on the microphone and was told to apologise. Apologising after doing something wrong doesn't mean you should then avoid being punished.
    The 6 Nations committee are now having to explain their decision to the world body. I suspect Marler will still be banned.
    In an ideal world nobody would call each other names, but we will never have an ideal world so we should be taught they they're just words and to shrug that kind of nonsense off rather than getting terribly offended by them.

I knew someone would compare the "gypsy boy" comment to "******" somewhere along the line, but we all know the two aren't really comparable. How offended do we get at being called taffys? It would be daft to get worked up about it.

Gorgers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Gorgers
    and along comes a real pikey

How deep does the tarmac have to go though? If it's two inches he could be done and on his way home by midday.

He wont really do it, once he conned the oap's of the money he will be gone

You've said this twice, as if he actually called Lee a ******.

He didn't. He called him a gypsy.

We Cardiff fans sing regularly about the gypos down west. We sing "do the Ayatollah, gypos" whenever we play Leeds, Bristol or Swansea.

There would be absolute uproar if we sang "do the Ayatollah, ******s" at opposition fans.

The two words really aren't anywhere near the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Fair play Croesy, you must search every news website to find the most controversial topic you can to raise some kerfuffle on here.
    Not at all, Stephen. I just think the issues of the day should be debated. Obviously, you don't.

No problem.