+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IDS resigns

Re: IDS resigns

I hope so mate. I really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Don't count on it. The economy is going to be struggling for a long time to come. The Tories divided over Europe. A new Tory leader. Labour are back in the game.
    Not with Corbyn as leader.

After the referendum the Tories will still have four years to pull themselves together.

Not under Osborne though. Think he has done himself fatal damage here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Not with Corbyn as leader.

After the referendum the Tories will still have four years to pull themselves together.

Not under Osborne though. Think he has done himself fatal damage here.
    They will be known as the government who wanted to **** the disabled over and that will still be there in 4 years time

Elwood I well remember back in the late 70's that nobody truly believed that Thatcher would win the General Election. Look what happened. Don't write off Corbyn. Besides the electorate dislike divided parties and the Tory wounds over Europe go deep an fester for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    They will be known as the government who wanted to **** the disabled over and that will still be there in 4 years time

A week is a long time in politics is as true today as it was when Wilson said it in the 60's

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    A week is a long time in politics is as true today as it was when Wilson said it in the 60's
    Tell that to Nick Clegg.

Shameful budget. Let's hope they tear themselves apart over Europe
    Arfur?

He fancies the Chancellor's job after Boris does his post-Brexit Tory leadership coup.

This man openly cheered budgeting cuts that John McDonell now say means sick and disabled people will have been burdened with a third of the "savings" by 2021. One suspects this resignation was part of a ploy for a promotion further down the line (though it suggests even Tories feel Osbournes's austerity has made major mistakes) than a moral objection to the poorest, most vulnerable shouldering the recovery while the richest 10% benefit and now earn more before austerity started.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Arfur?
    Yes?

Blog Entries

IDS loses legal challenge to keep Universal Credit problems secret
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ids-loses-...101013025.html

Good timing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

Good timing?
    Funnily enough I was just reading this and wondering the same thing

Blog Entries

Good timing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff View Post
    Funnily enough I was just reading this and wondering the same thing
    Yeah I saw it on there too as I searched to see who else reported it, tbh I couldn't find many sites with it on so I was looking at the date for about 20 minutes to make sure it was new tis late.

Yeah I saw it on there too as I searched to see who else reported it, tbh I couldn't find many sites with it on so I was looking at the date for about 20 minutes to make sure it was new tis late.
    IDS probably heard you were on the hunt hence his resignation.

With the stuff you've uncovered over the years he knew he was done for, only a matter of time before there was an I.D.SConscienceGate....
    Last edited by TruBlue; 19-03-16 at 02:42.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    IDS probably heard you were on the hunt hence his resignation.

With the stuff you've uncovered over the years he knew he was done for, only a matter of time before there was an I.D.SConscienceGate....
    Piss off.

Elwood I well remember back in the late 70's that nobody truly believed that Thatcher would win the General Election. Look what happened. Don't write off Corbyn. Besides the electorate dislike divided parties and the Tory wounds over Europe go deep an fester for years.
    The thing is that Labour are a divided party themselves. Whatever anyone thinks of Jeremy Corbyn, he was elected as leader by a huge majority among those entitled to vote and it's time the prima donnas in the party who won't accept that decision started to act like the democrats they claim to be.

Defence Secretary Michael Fallon has responded to Iain Duncan Smith's resignation on the Today programme. He says the amount the Conservatives has spent in this area (sick and disabled) is "much more" than under Labour governments. He also points to increases in pensions and the national living wage that he says will "benefit everybody, not just the few".
    Isn't this a bit like saying that women are paid much more than under governments in the 80's? The fact that disabled people are still saying they're shouldering the brunt of the budget cuts is more damning than you saying you're spending more than a previous government. "If it is about benefiting everybody, not just the few" then why does the raise in minimum wage (it isn't a living wage) not benefit those under 25 and housing benefit is being cut from most of those under 21?

He also points to increases in pensions
    Pension changes that have let down (betrayed?) women born in the 1950's.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The thing is that Labour are a divided party themselves. Whatever anyone thinks of Jeremy Corbyn, he was elected as leader by a huge majority among those entitled to vote and it's time the prima donnas in the party who won't accept that decision started to act like the democrats they claim to be.
    Quite. Now more than ever.

Doctors and Teachers and Police, oh my! IDS my have claimed to have resigned over the poorest, most vulnerable being singled out but you can add the police force to those who are saying they're at threat of being overworked because of politically designed shake-ups: https://www.change.org/p/london-mayo...politan-police

Beware the IDS of March....

All disibility and sickness benefits have been frozen for the last year and are still going to be frozen in the future

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And pigs might fly. ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Yes?
    Put the light out, darling.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I think many people underestimate the impact that Jeremy Corbyn will have on Labours fortunes. I believe the traditional Labour voters, disenfranchised by the years under Blair and Milliband will turn out in big numbers now they once again have a genuine alternative to the hated Tories.
    LOL.

Jeremy Corbyn.

The guy is a very decent person but will never get anywhere near leading this country. I couldn't vote for him and have never voted for anyone bar Labour. (Oh and Margo )