+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malone

Malone

Feel he deserves a special mention today for how bad he played. Can't defend to save his life and the few times he had the opportunity today to cross it he couldn't beat his first man.

If today's performance is anything to go by we won't be making the place offs and if we do we will simply be making up the numbers.

Banned

Re: Malone

We drew, why single out any one player? Malone seems to be taking the brunt of the criticism lately when the result don't go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    Feel he deserves a special mention today for how bad he played. Can't defend to save his life and the few times he had the opportunity today to cross it he couldn't beat his first man.

If today's performance is anything to go by we won't be making the place offs and if we do we will simply be making up the numbers.
    Malone is consistently our worse player but always makes the team sheet. He views a football like some time-bomb about to go off and shifts it on as quickly as possible.

He has a terrible first touch, is uncomfortable in possession, and has difficulty in passing to a teammate. However, he normally puts in a half decent defensive performance but yesterday he was all over the place and got run ragged by the Reading wide man.

With Fabio and John in the wings we have other options. We'll never get promoted when the like of Malone and Connolly for that matter consistently give the ball back to the opposition.

With Fabio on the pitch we have options? 1. He will miss headers 2. He will miss tackles 3. His temperament will get him booked too often 4. He cant cross 5 he cant defend 6 he cant pass.... but he will give 100% every time. Is that enough at this level? not for me it aint

Malone is either brilliant or terrible, he never has a steady 6 out of 10 performance

Malone is the best left-back at the club, Fabio is too reckless, regularly gets beaten after diving in and has poor positional sense (The Leeds game displayed all 3 of these)

As much as I am a fan of Declan John, he's a winger, not a full-back and would be very effective (I feel) if deployed in that position next season

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Malone is either brilliant or terrible, he never has a steady 6 out of 10 performance
    Which week was that?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Which week was that?

I think he's often very good. Before he got injured at the beginning of the season I thought he was consistently our best player.

I thought he was good against Leeds last week too.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think he's often very good. Before he got injured at the beginning of the season I thought he was consistently our best player.

I thought he was good against Leeds last week too.
    He was ok against Leeds, but for me whilst he's pretty good charging upfield, too often his final ball isn't good enough and then he doesn't get back quick enough. Peltier won't set the would on fire but far more solid than either Malone or Fabio, and I'm a huge fan of Fabio.

I agree he's either brilliant or terrible. Some weeks he's solid and a great crosser other weeks he's piss weak and just kicks the ball at the full back.

I like Peltier but don't think he offers anything going forward at all.

Fabio is an absolute bomb scare but an exciting player to watch.

Declan John hopefully comes of age after this loan spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I agree he's either brilliant or terrible. Some weeks he's solid and a great crosser other weeks he's piss weak and just kicks the ball at the full back.

The forgotten man.

I thought he showed signs of great promise for us, in arguably a better team than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

I agree with everything you say above