+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player ratings

Player ratings

From Wales Online

SIMON MOORE 7
    Had his hands stung early on by John and saved well from Kermogant before being left with little chance for opener. Good stop to deny Vydra after Manga mess. 7

LEE PELTIER 7
    Struggled with John's initial willingness to run down his channel and looked nervous as a result, but steadied himself impressively as game wore on to cut out threat. 7

BRUNO MANGA 5
    Uncomfortable on the ball and very dozy in defence allowing Reading forwards to get past far too easily. 5

MATT CONNOLLY 6
    Wasn't close enough to McClearly for the sub's strike and while did still shown signs of his reliability and more solid that partner, not his most assured performance by any means. 6

SCOTT MALONE 5
    Had less cover than normal with Lawrence ahead of him but failed to adjust game and was caught out of position and far too slow to get back. 5

CRAIG NOONE 6
    Lively to begin with and linked well with other three in Cardiff attack but really should have finished big chance from Ralls cross and faded out of game. Replaced by Ameobi who made instant impact. 6

STUART O'KEEFE 7
    Suffered as a result of Immers pushing on but was prepared to go in where it hurt and covered large amount of ground to try and stem Reading momentum. Surprising to see him make way, but perhaps for fresher legs. 7

JOE RALLS (MOTM) 7
    Linked really well in interchanging Cardiff play early in game but struggled to get more of a foot in for long period. Switched play intelligently and had larrge say in momentum swing. 7

TOM LAWRENCE 7
    Determined performance from the Wales Euro 2016 hopeful, prepared to chase back and get involved rather than simply wait for the ball. Worried Reading but denied a large amount of service. 7

LEX IMMERS 7
    Had pushed too close to striker Pilkington for much of the game and didn't link as well as he can, denying Cardiff that central pass option in their triangles. Still, again proved his right place, right time knack. 7

ANTHONY PILKINGTON(CAPT) 6
    Took the captain's armband but had limited opportunities to exert influence. Saw little of ball. 6

SUBS: Aron Gunnarsson (for Stuart O'Keefe 65), Sammy Ameobi (for Noone 65)

Not Used: Wilson(gk), Fabio, Morrison, Dikgacoi, Saadi.

Re: Player ratings

Manga has slipped lately, won't do anything for himself if any scouts are watching.

I thought we were poor today right through the team.
    The midfield didn't function as well as it has done lately and I thought O'Keefe had his worst game since he's came into the side.
    Lex scored the goal but the play often broke down when he got the ball today and the wingers were very poor.
    Lawrence's decision making was terrible throughout and Connelly and Malone were very poor.

I thought Ralls stood up and Peltier was excellent.
    We improved when Gunnarsson and Ameobi came on.

Banned

MOORE 8

PELTIER 8

MANGA 7

CONNOLLY 7

MALONE 7

NOONE 7

O'KEEFE 7

RALLS 8

LAWRENCE 8

IMMERS 9

PILKINGTON 8

Ameobi 7

Gunnarsson 6

Great away point from Russell and the boys. Some of the posters giving ratings could not of been there.

Tandy, I was there and Manga was very poor yesterday. Also Connolly, Okeefe and Noone were worth nowhere near the points you awarded. A point is not the end of the world but to describe it as a "great away point" is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    MOORE 8

PELTIER 8

MANGA 7

CONNOLLY 7

MALONE 7

NOONE 7

O'KEEFE 7

RALLS 8

LAWRENCE 8

IMMERS 9

PILKINGTON 8

Ameobi 7

Gunnarsson 6

Great away point from Russell and the boys. Some of the posters giving ratings could not of been there.
    Have you added Gunnersons points up from the last 10 games?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The midfield didn't function as well as it has done lately and I thought O'Keefe had his worst game since he's came into the side.
    Lex scored the goal but the play often broke down when he got the ball today and the wingers were very poor.
    Lawrence's b making was terrible throughout and Connelly and Malone were very poor.

This is about as close to my thoughts as any here. I felt Mike was a bit generous to Lawrence and Noone who for me was a passenger most of the game.

Shaky at the back, mostly 2nd best in midfield, punch less up front.

Luckily Reading's only threat was out wide and they weren't accurate enough in our final 3rd.

Good news is we are a tough side to beat and work hard from the front 2 back, so oppositions have to do a lot at speed and under pressure and make lots of mistakes.

Hopefully a few players will come back a bit sharper after 2 weeks rest. For the likes of Pilkington, Manga, O'Keefe, Immers , it's been probably their longest run of games for a while... For players like Ralls, Connolly etc who are playing every week .. it's been a long season as well

I thought Ralls played really well in the second half yesterday, dropping back to get the ball off the keeper rather than having to keep going long.

Thought Ameobi showed why he's so frustrating. He worked hard and created chances yesterday, why can't he do it consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    This is about as close to my thoughts as any here. I felt Mike was a bit generous to Lawrence and Noone who for me was a passenger most of the game.

Shaky at the back, mostly 2nd best in midfield, punch less up front.

Luckily Reading's only threat was out wide and they weren't accurate enough in our final 3rd.

Good news is we are a tough side to beat and work hard from the front 2 back, so oppositions have to do a lot at speed and under pressure and make lots of mistakes.

Hopefully a few players will come back a bit sharper after 2 weeks rest. For the likes of Pilkington, Manga, O'Keefe, Immers , it's been probably their longest run of games for a while... For players like Ralls, Connolly etc who are playing every week .. it's been a long season as well
    I don't think they were actually Mike's ratings - he said they were taken from Walesonline.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I don't think they were actually Mike's ratings - he said they were taken from Walesonline.
    Yes. Noticed that after I posted 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Adroitly spotted and tactfully posted

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Lawrence's decision making was terrible throughout and Connelly and Malone were very poor.

A good analysis mate. We were poor throughout today. Reading were also poor and we didn't look like taking a grip on the game.
    Spedger

Two shyte teams was the truth.

" Piggy / Bugsey " Malone was dire. I'd have given him one , the donkey.