+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Immers proves his worth again as City stay seventh.

Immers proves his worth again as City stay seventh.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

There's also a piece on yesterday's Academy game with Sheffield United under the Reading article.

Re: Immers proves his worth again as City stay seventh.

Cheers Bob.

We looked weak in the tackle and disorganised.

It's been the same 14-15 players for months now and some are looking jaded, especially the ones who haven't been playing regularly before that.

Problem is I can't see much we can bring in to freshen things up .

Had the ext game been Tiesday I would have recommended bringing Fabio in for Malone and Morrison for Manga. Both look shaky to say the least and this would give us more of a physical edge.

So it'll be good to have a couple of weeks break now before a busy April.

Same goes for some of us fans too !

Come the summer though there needs to be some clever work done to get rid of high earners - KD , Gunnar, Macheda , No one and Fabio are all on very good money- to just be squad members isn't enough.
    Similarly, is Manga consistent enough to be worth the extra cost v Morrison ? I'm not sure ?
    In the Championship I'm not so sure.
    I'd guess Turner will be gone, so an opening for a youngster in the squad maybe ?

Hopefully a few of the other big earners out on loan will get moves and with Ameobi surely going maybe some room for the manager to manoeuvre ?

Rob Phillips was saying yesterday that Malone drives him mad sometimes - I know what he means, there's definitely a good player there he's too inconsistent and yet, I'd say he's probably our first choice full back currently.

I think I'd be looking to get Morrison back in the team - it wouldn't surprise me if Bruno was sold in the summer. He's one of several senior players whose contract is up in the summer of 2017 apparently, so I wouldn't be surprised if the club decided to cash in on some of them while they can.

Of course, there is the embargo to sort out first, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a busy summer with plenty of coming and going.

Thanks Bob.

Re: 'summer comings and goings, and Re: "Immers proves his worth again" it would be great if we could hang on to the best darts player in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Cheers Bob.

It's been the same 14-15 players for months now and some are looking jaded, especially the ones who haven't been playing regularly before that.

Had the ext game been Tiesday I would have recommended bringing Fabio in for Malone and Morrison for Manga. Both look shaky to say the least and this would give us more of a physical edge.

Come the summer though there needs to be some clever work done to get rid of high earners - KD , Gunnar, Macheda , No one and Fabio are all on very good money- to just be squad members isn't enough.
    Similarly, is Manga consistent enough to be worth the extra cost v Morrison ? I'm not sure ?
    I'd guess Turner will be gone, so an opening for a youngster in the squad maybe ?

Hopefully a few of the other big earners out on loan will get moves and with Ameobi surely going maybe some room for the manager to manoeuvre ?

Spot on , not one of the higher earners, other than Marshall are worth keeping

In the Championship you need team members on relatively the same wages to avoid conflict, so you can build togetherness. I think this is Tan's plan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Cheers Bob.

How about bringing Velikonja in to 'freshen things up'?

Thanks Bob, for another excellent article.