+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women tennis players

Women tennis players

Apparently they're moaning that some men professionals are saying that it's unfair for women to get the same prize money in tournaments as they're not as good as men and more people watch men's games.

Discuss

Re: Women tennis players

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Apparently they're moaning that some men professionals are saying that it's unfair for women to get the same prize money in tournaments as they're not as good as men and more people watch men's games.

Discuss
    Some women players are pleasing to the eye

They should get the same.

To be honest, I find the women's game more entertaining than the boring Ace, Ace, Ace game that you get with the men.

Some women players are pleasing to the eye
    Others are very much not.

I'd rather rub one out to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga than Venus Williams

Men should get more because they play more Sets than women in the grand slams.

Women play 3 sets men play 5

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post

A good point, personally I think that if they think that they are worth the same as men then they should play the men

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post

I don't think that is much of an argument really. If they were asked to play 5 sets for the same money I'm pretty sure they'd agree. They don't choose to play 3 sets.

Sex sells !

End of fred

In a truly equal world men would, in tennis, deserve to get paid more. But we still live in a world that gives an advantage to men. So for that reason and to make a point about equality it should stay the same, even if it is giving more to women for less.

It seems women are 'more equal' than men in tennis. Can you imagine women in your jobs doing half the work and time and getting the same pay? There's nothing equal about that.

To hear that djuokovich going on about more money when he's rich beyond most people's wildest dreams makes me puke

Money grabbing scum

Women should be paid the same , we are not living in the dark ages , although he clearly is

What's the idiot want ? Yet another flash car or phone ??

Tennis is miles ahead of most sports in terms of equality though.
    I'm not specifically a tennis fan, but I think I could name maybe a dozen male tennis players currently playing and the same number of female ones. There aren't many sports where both sexes get roughly equal mainstream media exposure.
    Athletics is another one.
    I think they should get the same pay, at least for the major tournaments, perhaps the tours are different as they are separate.
    Other sports should take note too I think, the world cup in football should be men's and women's at the same time, then the women's game could mop up the additional coverage.

With football I could probably name hundreds of currently playing male players, but zero female ones, and itsxa similar story with rugby, so both of these could take a leaf out of tennis' book.
    Thinking about it, the olympics might be the best scenario, as all the medals are pooled into one medal table, male and female combined.
    Imagine they did that for for example the six nations championship, combined male and female points, then a bunch more people would watch the female game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    With football I could probably name hundreds of currently playing male players, but zero female ones, and itsxa similar story with rugby, so both of these could take a leaf out of tennis' book.
    Thinking about it, the olympics might be the best scenario, as all the medals are pooled into one medal table, male and female combined.
    That's a great thought!

It's time they divided the Olympic Medal Tables into two sections - 'Men' and 'Others'.

And the 'Others' could be subdivided into 'Great Ass' and 'The Rest'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    That's a great thought!

It's time they divided the Olympic Medal Tables into two sections - 'Men' and 'Others'.

And the 'Others' could be subdivided into 'Great Ass' and 'The Rest'.
    That's not what I meant.

I'm more of a boob man.

"It's time they divided the Olympic Medal Tables into two sections - 'Men' and 'Others'."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm more of a boob man.
    So how would that work re: the Men's Olympic Medal Table?

Have full equality and have just one tour. No one can moan then.

Football and rugby players (men and women) should have equal pay .. because they put in the same shift.

Women's tennis: Easy games over in under an hour, and even most of the harder games don't top 2 hours.
    A lot of men's games are more competitive and can go to 5 sets (sometimes lasting 4 or 5 hours).
    Women should have equal pay in tennis ................ when they play 5 sets and when their tour is more competitive.

Last year at Wimbledon

9.2 million watched the men's final on BBC
    4.3 million watched the girls final

Last year at Wimbledon

Although one was on the Saturday where it was up against lots of other sport and the men's was a tussle between 2 of a best ever whereas the women's was a foregone conclusion.
    4.3 million is a pretty good audience though, there aren't many sports that hit that

To be honest I find a squabble between millionaires, who get paid more than most people could dream of, for doing something that they love, about who should should be earning how many millions more, all a bit distasteful

Last year at Wimbledon

Which proves that not many lesbians watch tennis.

Mens tennis players are the ones who bring in the interest, sponsorship. Audience and money.
    Don't get me wrong women's tennis is one of the few sports which is watchable. However men have to work harder you rarely see 6-1, 6-1, 6-0 in any round of the men's game.

I can see the issue men would have with it. Why not have a male and female association which both generate separate revenue.

There absolutely should be equality in what men and women earn from their sport.

The elite of any sport deserve what their sport Is worth in terms of prize money. It is the sportsmen and women that attract the sponsorship, TV money etc in to the sport.

Crazy to think people who generate the revenue in to their sport shouldn't be the main beneficiaries. I suppose they would prefer these monies go to Rupert Murdoch??

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Which proves that not many lesbians watch tennis.
    Whilst many homosexual men perhaps do???