+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this is a record?

Is this is a record?

Within the past nine days I've seen Cardiff City teams play home matches on four different grounds;-

City 1 Ipswich 0 at Cardiff City Stadium on 12 March

City Under 21s 1 Ipswich 0 at Leckwith on 14 March
    City Under 21s 3 Colchester 2 at Leckwith on 17 March

City Under 18s 0 Watford 0 at Treforest on 15 March
    City Under 18s 1 Sheffield United 0 at Treforest on 19 March

City Under 21s 4 Crewe 0 at the Vale on 21 March

City included Sean Morrison (who played the ninety minutes), Kagisho Dikgacoi and Sammy Ameobi today and were 2-0 up very quickly through goals by Robbie Patten (who I accused of not scoring enough goals this morning ) and Rhys Healey. Theo Wharton made it three before half time and Healey got another just before the final whistle.

Stand out players among the youngsters for me were David Tutonda and Jamie Bird, while Morrison looked ready for a first team recall if Russell Slade decides to change things at the back.

Re: Is this is a record?

Not sure if it's a record but loving the results.

Have fortress, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Within the past nine days I've seen Cardiff City teams play home matches on four different grounds;-

City 1 Ipswich 0 at Cardiff City Stadium on 12 March

City Under 21s 1 Ipswich 0 at Leckwith on 14 March
    City Under 21s 3 Colchester 2 at Leckwith on 17 March

City Under 18s 0 Watford 0 at Treforest on 15 March
    City Under 18s 1 Sheffield United 0 at Treforest on 19 March

City Under 21s 4 Crewe 0 at the Vale on 21 March

City included Sean Morrison (who played the ninety minutes), Kagisho Dikgacoi and Sammy Ameobi today and were 2-0 up very quickly through goals by Robbie Patten (who I accused of not scoring enough goals this morning ) and Rhys Healey. Theo Wharton made it three before half time and Healey got another just before the final whistle.

Stand out players among the youngsters for me were David Tutonda and Jamie Bird, while Morrison looked ready for a first team recall if Russell Slade decides to change things at the back.
    I'd like to see the likes of Wharton, Tutonda and Bird given opportunities towards the end of the season and next season in the first team squad. If they are good enough and it seems they are, then they are old enough.

Each has as much to offer as other players in their positions in the first team squad this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I'd like to see the likes of Wharton, Tutonda and Bird given opportunities towards the end of the season and next season in the first team squad. If they are good enough and it seems they are, then they are old enough.

Each has as much to offer as other players in their positions in the first team squad this year.
    Don't think David Tutonda has done himself any harm at all in his recent games for the Under 21s - I'm surprised his loan spell at York earlier in the season didn't go too well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't think David Tutonda has done himself any harm at all in his recent games for the Under 21s - I'm surprised his loan spell at York earlier in the season didn't go too well.
    Bob, out of all the youngsters that you have watched, who do you think is the most likeliest to break into the squad?

I can see Deji Oshilaja being a squad player next season, but he'll be 23 by then.

Cheers Bob,thanks