+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leave posters

Leave posters

Lots of LEAVE posters spotted the whole length of Rover way and up to the magic roundabout

Any STAY posters spotted?

Posters nothing to do with contributors on this board by the way (different posters Tone)

Re: Leave posters

I have never campaigned before or even been a member of any party or political movement, however I am heavily considering getting involved in my local 'out' campaign first time I have felt passionate about politics, and would like to encourage others to vote out if I can.

What is the point of putting one's political opinion on show (in the form of posters in one's window)?
    Does it have any affect whatsoever? Is it mean to?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I have never campaigned before or even been a member of any party or political movement, however I am heavily considering getting involved in my local 'out' campaign first time I have felt passionate about politics, and would like to encourage others to vote out if I can.
    we should all be voting as advised by the chancellor. im voting stay. that man knows what he`s talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What is the point of putting one's political opinion on show (in the form of posters in one's window)?
    I really don't think its particularly mean to display your political affiliation by way of a poster in your window.

I haven't seen the posters, but I suspect they contain some arguments or statistics to support said persons opinion, not just the words either IN or OUT.

As a general answer to you question, I imagine it must have some subliminal effect on people passing by everyday , otherwise commercial companies wouldn't spend Millions on marketing every year, which in essence is what the posters are just another form of marketing.

For the UK as a whole .... leave is by far the best option. For Wales .... i'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    For the UK as a whole .... leave is by far the best option. For Wales .... i'm not so sure.
    You are going to get the bird for that post.

Edit - Beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I really don't think its particularly mean to display your political affiliation by way of a poster in your window.
    What do you think is meant by it ?, I think it's 100% for that purpose, the only poster i have ever displayed is, a save our Reservoir, campaign poster, it was meant to show support for the campaign which was successful

The posters were on lampposts (it's an industrial area) if you don't know Taunton

I disagree, I think remain is by far the best option for the UK as a whole.

I obviously went without my 't' this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    What do you think is meant by it ?, I think it's 100% for that purpose, the only poster i have ever displayed is, a save our Reservoir, campaign poster, it was meant to show support for the campaign which was successful
    WHOOSH.

I think you're wrong, leaving will be economically disastrous for both Wales and what's left of the UK as the Scots will leave the union for sure, I also suspect the reunification of Ireland could be back on the agenda.

Does it have any affect whatsoever? Is it meant to?
    I would seriously doubt anybody has ever had a true epiphany simply because of a tersely worded poster, nor due to somebody else's loud shouting and chanting.
    Waste of time, and an eyesore!

Open and shared debate is the only way . Then people can act accordingly, in whatever informed conclusion they have arrived at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Careful, someone might imply that you are a racist if you want out like they did to me the other day

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    we should all be voting as advised by the chancellor. im voting stay. that man knows what he`s talking about
    You on another wind up

The only place leaving would benefit is Middle and Southern England

Which is the only place the Government cares about

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The only place leaving would benefit is Middle and Southern England

Which is the only place the Government cares about
    Why is that only those areas would benefit then?

WHOOSH.
    Was that the sound you heard when learning of your defeat by the residents and realising a potential profit went down the shitter.

Not so sure about Wales, but certain about the rest of the UK. On what basis? I don't think the Scots agree with you.