+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Ched, The Verdict.

Re: Dirty Ched, The Verdict.

I can see why it wasn't a majority verdict put it that way. As I said it's a very complicated situation but I can see why he was found guilty. But I also wouldn't have been shocked if he was innocent.

It always sticks with me how difficult it is to get a rape case to court let alone a conviction.

I do fee because he's a man and a Welsh player we are a bit biased towards him, I do wonder if it was a female family member in the situation if we'd be quite so adamant that the accused was innocent.

If the new evidence is compelling enough to prove him actually innocent I'd be very pleased for the guy (even if I think his actions were pretty questionable and at best creepy) but I find it difficult to see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Because breathalyzers were invented.
    Exactly a scientific method replaced one that was pretty flakey at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I agree it's complicated but I can see why he was convicted. No one is saying he's a violent rapist but how much she's getting into the act has nothing to do with if she was in a state to consent.

On New Year's Eve I managed to (poorly) clean up my flat after my party including taking rubbish out and vacuuming despite being able to remember **** all and sending my Mrs' sister a dirty text. The tasks you can perform while hammered prove nothing, why do you think the walking the line isn't used any more?

I know I know, I'm still getting it in the neck for that 3 months later despite pleading ignorance to the whole thing.

Richyrich

Exactly a scientific method replaced one that was pretty flakey at best.
    Balance is still a good indicator of drunkness. Next time you get pissed try it!!

Also, I couldn't really give a shit if he's a Welsh player. If that CCTV showed she needed help walking into the hotel and could hardly stand, I'd say chuck the ****ing book at him.

The appeal is finished. Judgement is announced in April.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If it's the 1st, that's going to be a bit of a pisser.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-35880232

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That'll be a guilty then I'm guessing

Carry on with the legal jargon, malicious gossip and hearsay lads :thumbup

Whatever happens with the appeal, I don't see any club in the UK taking him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham_Blue View Post
    leeds probably would.

If the original verdict is overturned and he is found innocent then I would have no issues if we signed him.....as long as he could still play a bit.

You try it after a few!! It takes very good balance.

The law used to be, you just had to"walk the line" to determine if you were sober enough to drive so balance is not a bad indicator of drunkness.

Also you do realise the girl was enthusiastic during the "rape"? "**** me harder" isn't the thing you usually hear from someone in the middle of a "rape".
    Lets take it to a different example. If I forced you onto a roller coaster that you really, really didnt want to get on, but then enjoy it while you're on it, does that make it ok to force you onto it?

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Lets take it to a different example. If I forced you onto a roller coaster that you really, really didnt want to get on, but then enjoy it while you're on it, does that make it ok to force you onto it?
    Some of you need to read about the case. She consented before intercourse took place. She was not forced into anything.

The whole case comes down to do you think she was in a fit state to consent. I say she was in a fit state, others disagree which is fine.

Some of you need to read about the case. She consented before intercourse took place. She was not forced into anything.

The whole case comes down to do you think she was in a fit state to consent. I say she was in a fit state, others disagree which is fine.
    I agree. But you made the point about enjoyment. What I'm saying is it's possible to enjoy something without actually wanting to do it. Enjoyment isnt a factor here.

I agree it's complicated but I can see why he was convicted. No one is saying he's a violent rapist but how much she's getting into the act has nothing to do with if she was in a state to consent.

On New Year's Eve I managed to (poorly) clean up my flat after my party including taking rubbish out and vacuuming despite being able to remember **** all and sending my Mrs' sister a dirty text. The tasks you can perform while hammered prove nothing, why do you think the walking the line isn't used any more?
    The items you managed to do whilst pissed prove how hard it would be for someone else to tell if you were compos mentis or not. How is another person expected to know if you don't yourself?

I'm not really talking just about the Evans case but the law in general.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I agree. But you made the point about enjoyment. What I'm saying is it's possible to enjoy something without actually wanting to do it. Enjoyment isnt a factor here.
    OK it's a bit of moot point to the case but I suppose it helps corroborate Ched's and Clayton's testimony.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    The items you managed to do whilst pissed prove how hard it would be for someone else to tell if you were compos mentis or not. How is another person expected to know if you don't yourself?

I'm not really talking just about the Evans case but the law in general.
    Nigh on impossible I'd say unless they are falling over or slurring their words. It's a massive grey area hey mate.

Just got home from work and found out the verdict has been put off til April, tampin wanted to find out the verdict today, teasing us for another month off the pricks.

Banned

Innocent

If it is overturned due to new evidence, and if he is found innocent, then he should be considered innocent. 'end of'.
    For the same reason he's currently considered guilty.

But football is not an easy place to keep your head down.
    He would find it difficult. Shouldn't be the case, but..

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    If you've shagged a girl who has been drinking and said yes to it, you are putting yourself at the same risk as Evans is claiming to have done.

How could you know if she is going to remember it the next morning?
    Give her rohypnol first.

Job done.

Banned

No matter what the armchair lawyers, ccmb experts and fanbois say Evans was found guilty of rape by a jury who had heard all the evidence,not just cherry picked snippets from the rapists website and apologists.
    I wonder how much sympathy John terry or joey barton would get?

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    No matter what the armchair lawyers, ccmb experts and fanbois say Evans was found guilty of rape by a jury who had heard all the evidence,not just cherry picked snippets from the rapists website and apologists.
    I wonder how much sympathy John terry or joey barton would get?
    As I said earlier in this thread, I know the person who has worked on all areas of the investigation into this case, including how the Police carried out their investigation as well as uncovering new evidence and witnesses. This person led investigations into crimes such as rape and sexual abuse over a very long career in the police. He believes hat Ched Evans has been wrongly convicted. I believe him rather than you

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    As I said earlier in this thread, I know the person who has worked on all areas of the investigation into this case, including how the Police carried out their investigation as well as uncovering new evidence and witnesses. This person led investigations into crimes such as rape and sexual abuse over a very long career in the police. He believes hat Ched Evans has been wrongly convicted. I believe him rather than you
    All he's done is state facts though. Even if Ched is found not guilty nothing he's said is wrong at this point in time.

What area does your friend work in? Lawyer?