+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did anyone go to the game?

Did anyone go to the game?

How did Wales look without Bale and Rambo?

Re: Did anyone go to the game?

shit

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How did Wales look without Bale and Rambo?
    Didn't go but it was on TV. We looked quite toothless without Bale and Ramsey to create space for themselves. Northern Ireland's defence looked quite comfortable throughout the match apart from giving away a stupid pen right at the end.

Lawrence had a good go but showed he's about half a yard short of pace at the top levels of the game at present.

Overall we looked coherent but nothing more. We can't do without either of them to be honest.

We are not a team who can find success without a) everyone pulling together and b) our top stars being fit. Biggest positive might have been that just the introduction of our third/fourth star (Joe Allen) gave us such a boost that we suddenly looked pretty capable.

Joe Allen is actually really good... Who would have known

Banned

How do you think we would do without 2 of the best players from the UK?

Allen really made the team tick when he came on. He rarely gives the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Allen really made the team tick when he came on. He rarely gives the ball away.
    Allen showed a master class when he came on, Wales looked a lot more dangerous.

I quite enjoyed the game and didnt think the standard was as bad as some on here.

I didnt see the penalty clearly but felt the referee may have been mugged by the crowds reaction?

It was very wet and cold in the Ninian which did not add to the occasion at all.

Allen was class, played three great through balls and oozed confidence. I was on the back row of the Ninian and still got the occasional blast of misty rain over me.

allen spunk allen

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    How do you think we would do without 2 of the best players from the UK?
    We need the, simple as that. Allen aswell, with them all we are a proper unit. Bale is world class, Ramsey I'd say on the verge and if barca bought him and he carried on developing then both for sure. Not many teams could cope by losing those two.
    On a side note, I thought the match was Saturday.......

Quote Originally Posted by bluesinceuwer2m8 View Post
    allen spunk allen
    Chris has competition here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Chris has competition here.

I quite enjoyed the game and didnt think the standard was as bad as some on here.

I didnt see the penalty clearly but felt the referee may have been mugged by the crowds reaction?

It was very wet and cold in the Ninian which did not add to the occasion at all.

Agree that Allen was a class above what had been shown up until that point apart from George Williams who also looked like he could be a really potent threat if surrounded by other good players. It was a penalty all day long but McCauley should never have made the challenge. Church won it through some intelligent play I guess.

I was right behind the incident, nailed on penalty, stupid and needless challenge by the defender but pen nonetheless.