+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Booing - "God save the Queen"

Booing - "God save the Queen"

Why do we continue to this?

Felt quite embarrassed last night when our fans booed GSTQ last night. The NI fans must have though, quite rightly, what a bunch of w******.

About time some of or fans grew up

Re: Booing - "God save the Queen"

Banter!

(Interesting that fewer NI players sang along to GSTQ than Welsh players to HWFN)

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Banter!

(Interesting that fewer NI players sang along to GSTQ than Welsh players to HWFN)
    Why would they, it doesn't reflect their, or the managers identity. It should be binned asap and replaced with something more appropriate to all...Until then boo it loud and proud.

I don't care about England and wish they weren't thought about (except when we are in Lens).

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Why would they, it doesn't reflect their, or the managers identity. It should be binned asap and replaced with something more appropriate to all...Until then boo it loud and proud.
    Disagree with this comment-having served in NI I can assure you that it means a great deal to many of them.

Do we boo the Japanese/German/Argentinian/Éire anthems with such vigour or at all? Totally disrespectful.

It's not the English anthem.They should have their own anthem as should the Northern Irish for sporting events.Simply cannot see the point in booing any anthem-if our's was booed the same people condoning last night's efforts would be up in arms!!!!!

I sang God save the Queen in the Ninian stand, I think booing it is pathetic, makes my blood boil

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
    Why do we continue to this?

Felt quite embarrassed last night when our fans booed GSTQ last night. The NI fans must have though, quite rightly, what a bunch of w******.

About time some of or fans grew up
    we all know the CCMB rules ( and if you go to a game, you have to respect the rules )

Welsh not British

Because the Welsh measure their patriotism by their hated of England rather than their love of Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
    Disagree with this comment-having served in NI I can assure you that it means a great deal to many of them.

Do we boo the Japanese/German/Argentinian/Éire anthems with such vigour or at all? Totally disrespectful.
    It's a country that's reached a demographic tipping point, quite possibly the majority now have very little or no affinity with the English royal family and many chose to support the republic instead....The Irish rugby union got it right by adopting Ireland's call, a unifying anthem free of any of the sectarian/political allegiances of either of the two official national anthems. It sends a message that all are welcome regardless of religious creed or how people perceive the contentious issues that surround Irelands pretty fuked anomalies regarding national identity , the ifa could learn a lesson..
    Last edited by Pilkers; 25-03-16 at 10:59.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we all know the CCMB rules ( and if you go to a game, you have to respect the rules )

Welsh not British

I am both - and proudly so

Quote Originally Posted by Mabinogion View Post
    Because the Welsh measure their patriotism by their hated of England rather than their love of Wales.
    Do they really? As a Welsh person you'd think I would have been informed of this sooner.

Just bants, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    It's not the English anthem.They should have their own anthem as should the Northern Irish for sporting events.Simply cannot see the point in booing any anthem-if our's was booed the same people condoning last night's efforts would be up in arms!!!!!
    I disagree. GSTQ IS the English anthem. The monarch has never been known as anything else but the King or Queen of England. Never the King or Queen of Britain. The English should keep the shite GSTQ and the UK anthem should be either Rule Brittania, or maybe Land of hope and glory. Most Welsh and Scots dont recognise GSTQ as our anthem.

That anthem is loaded with hatred and I can full understand why it is booed in Wales.

It would be better all round if NI adopted a new anthem that reflected both communities. And while they're at it, they should drop the union flag and adopt something that represented both communities.

Maybe some people find a song asking god to save a woman with a net worth of £1billion repellant.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Do they really? As a Welsh person you'd think I would have been informed of this sooner.
    In comes the Colonel with an additional generic sarcastic comment.

I booed it. Is someone not allowed to show their feelings about a song if they wish? It's a pathetic song, foisted on us as a 'Uk anthem' despite not being anything to do with Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird View Post
    I sang God save the Queen in the Ninian stand, I think booing it is pathetic, makes my blood boil
    I booed it in the ninian. I think singing it is pathetic, makes my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabinogion View Post
    In comes the Colonel with an additional generic sarcastic comment.
    Not generic at all, it was very specific. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word 'generic' because it clearly doesn't mean what you think it does.

My reply to you was a genuine rebuttal to your ridiculous assertion that "everyone in Wales measures their patriotism by their hatred of England rather than their love of Wales".

I just wanted to tell you how wrong you were.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I booed it in the ninian. I think singing it is pathetic, makes my blood boil.
    Good for you !

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I booed it. Is someone not allowed to show their feelings about a song if they wish? It's a pathetic song, foisted on us as a 'Uk anthem' despite not being anything to do with Wales.
    It was not played/sung for Wales last night, we had our own Anthem. !

Typical moronic behaviour by people who don't know better.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It was not played/sung for Wales last night, we had our own Anthem. !

Typical moronic behaviour by people who don't know better.
    Correct it wasn't, does that mean it of any song isn't sung for Wales I can't show my displeasure towards it?

I think this message board has finally become shit enough to leave it there.