+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Booing - "God save the Queen"

Re: Booing - "God save the Queen"

Quote Originally Posted by Mabinogion View Post
    I think this message board has finally become shit enough to leave it there.
    Your idiotic contributions will be sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
    I disagree. GSTQ IS the English anthem. The monarch has never been known as anything else but the King or Queen of England. Never the King or Queen of Britain. The English should keep the shite GSTQ and the UK anthem should be either Rule Brittania, or maybe Land of hope and glory. Most Welsh and Scots dont recognise GSTQ as our anthem.
    You can disagree all you like.Her title starts as the Queen of the United Kingdom and goes on ad infinitum!!!!!!!You are in no better than position than I am to speak for most Welsh or Scots and whatever your views on Rule Britannia they are simply that.GSTQ is not the English Anthem in isolation it is that of the United Kingdom whatever our views are.

So you will know that GSTQ only represents half the community?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It was not played/sung for Wales last night, we had our own Anthem. !

Typical moronic behaviour by people who don't know better.
    How would you feel if Hen wlad fynadau was replaced by GSTQ? Officially it's our national anthem too after all...DP1 might not object but most of us there last night would chuck it in immediately. That's how many in Northern Ireland feel. They're alienated from following their own country because of the divisive dirge imposed on them if they turn up...This isn't about hating England it's about calling out intolerant bigots.

Might point was that GSTQ is the anthem of a visiting team and should have been respected as such.

I as a Welshman prefer our anthem of course.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
    Disagree with this comment-having served in NI I can assure you that it means a great deal to many of them.

Do we boo the Japanese/German/Argentinian/Éire anthems with such vigour or at all? Totally disrespectful.
    You do realise a lot of Welsh support the Éire side of things? With them being Celts and all.

Mrs R is English and I'm sure she'd be booing a fake 'Anthem' that tells about a non existant deity 'saving' (what does that even mean?) a German woman who's been set up to rule the nation.

What a load of old shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Mrs R is English and I'm sure she'd be booing a fake 'Anthem' that tells about a non existant deity 'saving' (what does that even mean?) a German woman who's been set up to rule the nation.

What a load of old shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3vg5AslE3Q

Why should anyone have to sing about saving some pampered miserable old woman. A country's anthem should be about its people's and not some privileged old bint

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    You do realise a lot of Welsh support the Éire side of things? With them being Celts and all.
    Really? - think the Guinness angle would have more strength

What a load of old shit.
    Mrs R would be entitled to - but we should respect ANY anthem which is not ours when played on behalf of THAT country

Blog Entries

What a load of old shit.
    I don't particularly like the anthem but I wouldn't boo, I wont stand up because I hate England either.

Mrs R would be entitled to - but we should respect ANY anthem which is not ours when played on behalf of THAT country
    I'm half English, so can I boo the first verse?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I don't particularly like the anthem but I wouldn't boo, I wont stand up because I hate England either.
    Agree on both points

I'm half English, so can I boo the first verse?
    No

you should just keep on shouting Bo

Richyrich

Yeah really.

[QUOTE=Steve R;4608726]I'm half English, so can I boo the first verse?[/QUO

Feel free but personally I would respect ANY anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Yeah really.

If that is your opinion - certainly not mine

Why do we continue to this?

Felt quite embarrassed last night when our fans booed GSTQ last night. The NI fans must have though, quite rightly, what a bunch of w******.

About time some of or fans grew up

Grown up welsh fans , now your talking. i have been In their company when they boo their own players, If they are from the wrong club , even booed Giggs ?

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Grown up welsh fans , now your talking. i have been In their company when they boo their own players, If they are from the wrong club , even booed Giggs ?
    When he turned up.

Richyrich

If that is your opinion - certainly not mine
    I never said it was yours. I said a lot of Welsh.

In fairness, even English fans want to boo an anthem that celebrates a 90 year old nanny who is worth hundreds of millions and still takes taxes off the general populace (indirectly).

[QUOTE=DP1;4608731]
    I'm half English, so can I boo the first verse?[/QUO

Feel free but personally I would respect ANY anthem
    Interesting, what about the South African anthem up until the 1990s, for example?
    Last edited by cityviking; 25-03-16 at 17:05.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    In fairness, even English fans want to boo an anthem that celebrates a 90 year old nanny who is worth hundreds of millions and still takes taxes off the general populace (indirectly).
    I have lived in England for 40 years and can't say that I have ever witnessed English people booing their own anthem,