+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 70

Thread: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

  1. #31

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Take the train. 20 minutes.
    All well 'n good if you are in the vicinity of the station, not so good if you were in highlight park. PT is superb where you are but diabolical in more rural areas of South Wales.

  2. #32

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    wtf is tumpy land im not sure about you being mounted either
    The "tumpy" is the mountain on the east side of the valley in Mountain Ash or should I say that was its name when I grew up there in the 50's. Never heard of the expression Tumpy Land.

  3. #33

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    As a born and bred Cardiffian, who moved to Caerphilly about four years ago, I agree. Caerphilly is more or less a Cardiff overspill. Love it here mind, it's got everything you need. Will probably stay for good.
    and you got a castle, if it all kicks off

  4. #34

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Two points:

    1. I used to attend Lansbury Park junior school back in the day. At the end of the yard there was a long bumpy stretch of grass with loads of mini hills. This was commonly referred to as the tumps. It made for an epic game of bulldog and is probably why half of Caerphilly use a stick to walk.

    2. Caerphilly is a great place to live. I'd say it's on a par with Bridgend and Barry if you enjoy spotting ugly weird people. I'm pretty sure most of the strange people on here inhabit one of these three places.

  5. #35

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    In fairness, bed towns such as Caerphilly and Pontypridd are just as good, if not better, than living in the outer suburbs of Cardiff.
    Speaking for Pontypridd:
    Nice houses/decent houses/any bl**dy houses come a 100k - 150k plus cheaper.
    Transport links.... a few stops on the train or a short drive by car/bus down the A470.
    A cracking park for families, including a new, large children's play area and the outdoor swimming complex.
    A large enough town for your needs (more facilities than you're likely to find in Radyr, Whitchurch, Tongwynlais and so on).
    Contrary to Urban myths, towns such as Ponty do have nice areas ........ and there are some spectacular walks/cycling into the nearby countryside.
    ... oh ... and Cardiff when you need it

  6. #36

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Two points:

    1. I used to attend Lansbury Park junior school back in the day. At the end of the yard there was a long bumpy stretch of grass with loads of mini hills. This was commonly referred to as the tumps. It made for an epic game of bulldog and is probably why half of Caerphilly use a stick to walk.

    2. Caerphilly is a great place to live. I'd say it's on a par with Bridgend and Barry if you enjoy spotting ugly weird people. I'm pretty sure most of the strange people on here inhabit one of these three places.
    I went there as well and also remember them, although wouldn't have without you mentioning them. Good memory that.

  7. #37

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    You have all missed the best areas Talbot Green,Pontyclun,Llantrisant-main line station 13 minutes into Cardiff, buses every 20 minutes.good access by road A4119 or M4 and the aforementioned cheaper housing.Oh!Only 20 minutes by car to CCS!!!

  8. #38

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I went there as well and also remember them, although wouldn't have without you mentioning them. Good memory that.
    I remember misjudging one particular tump once and biting off part of my tongue. I'm still amazed to this day how much blood came out of one mouth. Probably why I still remember them.

    Happy days (apart from the tongue biting incident of course)

  9. #39

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    You have all missed the best areas Talbot Green,Pontyclun,Llantrisant-main line station 13 minutes into Cardiff, buses every 20 minutes.good access by road A4119 or M4 and the aforementioned cheaper housing.Oh!Only 20 minutes by car to CCS!!!
    If you leave at 4am with a good tail wind

  10. #40

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Remind me again why this thread got 589,142 views

  11. #41

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    or so you may think.....With new developments in Wenvoe and a huge estate on the site of the old HTV studios, the traffic will be horendous. Cardiff seems to want to agree on all these new builds, including the huge development set for the outskirts of Creigiau, but little or new news on any improvement to the public transport infrastructure, we seem to lack behind all other major cities I visit. Cardiff is already gridlocked with traffic at peak times and needs to do something with the public transport, or lack of, in advance of or at least inconjunction with new development.
    same with the development that's just off ely bridge over to the old wiggins teap site (looks like the road link is nearly done)
    the traffic on ely bridge is a nightmare the new builds to the west of city
    I'm back and forth kent so spent half the time in Cardiff the other half in kent i haven't noticed much building of homes there

  12. #42

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    same with the development that's just off ely bridge over to the old wiggins teap site (looks like the road link is nearly done)
    the traffic on ely bridge is a nightmare the new builds to the west of city
    I'm back and forth kent so spent half the time in Cardiff the other half in kent i haven't noticed much building of homes there
    Mmm hmm...

  13. #43

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Remind me again why this thread got 589,142 views
    Maybe somebody has been clicking on it without posting on it since the previous last post on 30-03-16

  14. #44

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Maybe somebody has been clicking on it without posting on it since the previous last post on 30-03-16
    They must have a sore finger by now

  15. #45

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Remind me again why this thread got 589,142 views
    Remind me why you have so much time on your hands you've actually looked at it

  16. #46

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Remind me again why this thread got 589,142 views
    What's your theory?

  17. #47

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Remind me why you have so much time on your hands you've actually looked at it
    It's the most viewed thread on CCMB It's way ahead of the Kenny Miller, 1, tattoo & crisp threads. Why?

  18. #48

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    This thread has a cult following , phew glad my spell checked worked that time

  19. #49

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's the most viewed thread on CCMB It's way ahead of the Kenny Miller, 1, tattoo & crisp threads. Why?
    And i never moved in the end, although now looking at it again

  20. #50

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    I left school on a Thursday and caught the 7.30am train Friday morning straight out of Tumpy Land changed at Numpty Central and got the **** out of the whole landscape.

  21. #51

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    when i had to move fron glasgow to cardiff everycunt told me i was mental for moving to the vallies but i love it now. best citie in the world

  22. #52

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    when i had to move fron glasgow to cardiff everycunt told me i was mental for moving to the vallies but i love it now. best citie in the world
    Yeah suuure!...
    Was it those wank-parties you spoke of that caused you to have to move?

  23. #53

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    And i never moved in the end, although now looking at it again
    Cue another half a million views

  24. #54

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Yeah suuure!...
    Was it those wank-parties you spoke of that caused you to have to move?
    its cardif guys that invited me when i moved here. would no have any of that in glasgow. maybe in the west end but not in general

  25. #55

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    its cardif guys that invited me when i moved here. would no have any of that in glasgow. maybe in the west end but not in general
    You like to have it in the west end?

    Blimey it's all coming out from you tonight Iestyn.

  26. #56

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    You like to have it in the west end?

    Blimey it's all coming out from you tonight Iestyn.
    why you so hatefull pepper?

  27. #57

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    same with the development that's just off ely bridge over to the old wiggins teap site (looks like the road link is nearly done)
    the traffic on ely bridge is a nightmare the new builds to the west of city
    I'm back and forth kent so spent half the time in Cardiff the other half in kent i haven't noticed much building of homes there
    My mother lives at the bottom end by Ely Bridge, traffic is already congested there and the additional 700 houses won't help alleviate the situation. The council missed a trick linking the A4232 and Western Avenue at Ely Bridge roundabout, would have eased congestion through Ely, Caerau and Canton, especially when you consider all the development planned in the Creigau area also. Now that can never be achieved with The Mill development.

    The new road that links The Mill to Ely Bridge is intended for use by service vehicles only and not for cars. But I am pretty sure that will never be the case. The proposal is that the site of The Mill which boasts, 1 school, a milk factory, doctors, pharmacy and other businesses should all come in and out through one route, which is the crossroads where Broad Street meets Sanatorium road. Not to mention another housing estate with 300 homes that already make use of the very same crossroads for again the only entry and exit of their estate. So that's 1,000 homes, schools, businesses all feeding to one set of lights.

    I say to my mother she should move but both her and my step dad are happy there so no need to push the issue. They've improved the cycle path at least and make it easier to join onto the Ely trail, plus the walk to the stadium becomes a lot quicker. So there are positives for them.

  28. #58

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Done it the other way around.
    Will probably go back to Caerphilly one day.
    Great place 👍
    Caerphilly. One of the roughest places in Wales. Makes Merthyr look posh.

  29. #59

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Come to merthyr it's brilliant now.

  30. #60

    Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Come to merthyr it's brilliant now.
    Fair play, I'd love to see that tag-line on a giant billboard on the A470 :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •