+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

when i had to move fron glasgow to cardiff everycunt told me i was mental for moving to the vallies but i love it now. best citie in the world

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    when i had to move fron glasgow to cardiff everycunt told me i was mental for moving to the vallies but i love it now. best citie in the world
    Yeah suuure!...
    Was it those wank-parties you spoke of that caused you to have to move?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    And i never moved in the end, although now looking at it again
    Cue another half a million views

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Yeah suuure!...
    Was it those wank-parties you spoke of that caused you to have to move?
    its cardif guys that invited me when i moved here. would no have any of that in glasgow. maybe in the west end but not in general

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    its cardif guys that invited me when i moved here. would no have any of that in glasgow. maybe in the west end but not in general
    You like to have it in the west end?

Blimey it's all coming out from you tonight Iestyn.

You like to have it in the west end?

Blimey it's all coming out from you tonight Iestyn.
    why you so hatefull pepper?

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    same with the development that's just off ely bridge over to the old wiggins teap site (looks like the road link is nearly done)
    the traffic on ely bridge is a nightmare the new builds to the west of city
    I'm back and forth kent so spent half the time in Cardiff the other half in kent i haven't noticed much building of homes there
    My mother lives at the bottom end by Ely Bridge, traffic is already congested there and the additional 700 houses won't help alleviate the situation. The council missed a trick linking the A4232 and Western Avenue at Ely Bridge roundabout, would have eased congestion through Ely, Caerau and Canton, especially when you consider all the development planned in the Creigau area also. Now that can never be achieved with The Mill development.

The new road that links The Mill to Ely Bridge is intended for use by service vehicles only and not for cars. But I am pretty sure that will never be the case. The proposal is that the site of The Mill which boasts, 1 school, a milk factory, doctors, pharmacy and other businesses should all come in and out through one route, which is the crossroads where Broad Street meets Sanatorium road. Not to mention another housing estate with 300 homes that already make use of the very same crossroads for again the only entry and exit of their estate. So that's 1,000 homes, schools, businesses all feeding to one set of lights.

I say to my mother she should move but both her and my step dad are happy there so no need to push the issue. They've improved the cycle path at least and make it easier to join onto the Ely trail, plus the walk to the stadium becomes a lot quicker. So there are positives for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Done it the other way around.
    Will probably go back to Caerphilly one day.
    Great place 👍
    Caerphilly. One of the roughest places in Wales. Makes Merthyr look posh.

Come to merthyr it's brilliant now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Fair play, I'd love to see that tag-line on a giant billboard on the A470 :)

Fair play, I'd love to see that tag-line on a giant billboard on the A470 :)
    It'd trick some poor soul into coming here...

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    My mother lives at the bottom end by Ely Bridge, traffic is already congested there and the additional 700 houses won't help alleviate the situation. The council missed a trick linking the A4232 and Western Avenue at Ely Bridge roundabout, would have eased congestion through Ely, Caerau and Canton, especially when you consider all the development planned in the Creigau area also. Now that can never be achieved with The Mill development.

The new road that links The Mill to Ely Bridge is intended for use by service vehicles only and not for cars. But I am pretty sure that will never be the case. The proposal is that the site of The Mill which boasts, 1 school, a milk factory, doctors, pharmacy and other businesses should all come in and out through one route, which is the crossroads where Broad Street meets Sanatorium road. Not to mention another housing estate with 300 homes that already make use of the very same crossroads for again the only entry and exit of their estate. So that's 1,000 homes, schools, businesses all feeding to one set of lights.

I say to my mother she should move but both her and my step dad are happy there so no need to push the issue. They've improved the cycle path at least and make it easier to join onto the Ely trail, plus the walk to the stadium becomes a lot quicker. So there are positives for them.
    Ideally I'd like to stay in Cardiff, but I see what's going on around Ely roundabout and think I'm better off going to Tumpy Land. Essentially, there are two ways of getting to Cowbridge Road West from where I live in Fairwater - via the Roundabout or the level crossing at St. Fagans. For weeks, the latter has been like the traffic you get at rush hour between the hours of 8am and 6pm and the latter was closed for a few days last week. During that time, a journey to, say, the Aldis on Cowbridge Road was taking about twenty five minutes when normally it would take ten - in the end, I decided to drive through the side roads and over the level crossing before St. Fagans to get to the Drope and come out by what was the Culver!

That's what driving in west Cardiff is like before all of the houses to be built by Ely Paper Mill are filled and before the Plasdwr estate is built and yet you get a smug dickhead on that Jason Mohammad programme a few weeks ago saying everything will be fine - of course, we've had stories like this

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ation-13367126

since then

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    You have all missed the best areas Talbot Green,Pontyclun,Llantrisant-main line station 13 minutes into Cardiff, buses every 20 minutes.good access by road A4119 or M4 and the aforementioned cheaper housing.Oh!Only 20 minutes by car to CCS!!!
    Best beer & ale in South Wales too

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Caerphilly. One of the roughest places in Wales. Makes Merthyr look posh.
    Oh dear.

You do realise we've got a castle.

And a massive bit of cheese outside the job centre.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It's always been brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I've never heard of Tumpty land. Sounds a stupid as calling Caroline street Chippy lane
    I thought it was chip Chip Alley?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Oh dear.

You do realise we've got a castle.

And a massive bit of cheese outside the job centre.
    True, but very rough. Mind you nowhere near as rough as Merthyr, the capital of the Work Shy

I'd sooner live there and similar places like Rhondda, Aberdare or Merthyr than most areas of Cardiff that are far more, er, culturally diverse. Mind, on my last visit to Caerphilly a year ago a bloke was stabbed on its main street in the middle of the afternoon, and its Wetherspoon further up the hill was the smallest ever; more pokier than The Great Western, even.

I think everyone accepts the poorer and more socially deprived an area is then the higher the proportion of residents who are anti social chavs, pikeys, pot bellied single mothers and other smelly b'stards most of whom are on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'd sooner live there and similar places like Rhondda, Aberdare or Merthyr than most areas of Cardiff that are far more, er, culturally diverse. Mind, on my last visit to Caerphilly a year ago a bloke was stabbed on its main street in the middle of the afternoon, and its Wetherspoon further up the hill was the smallest ever; more pokier than The Great Western, even.

I think everyone accepts the poorer and more socially deprived an area is then the higher the proportion of residents who are anti social chavs, pikeys, pot bellied single mothers and other smelly b'stards most of whom are on drugs.
    .......and we're all happy you made that choice

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    True, but very rough. Mind you nowhere near as rough as Merthyr, the capital of the Work Shy
    your a bloody fu ckwitted cun t and you need a stern talking to