Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
same with the development that's just off ely bridge over to the old wiggins teap site (looks like the road link is nearly done)
the traffic on ely bridge is a nightmare the new builds to the west of city
I'm back and forth kent so spent half the time in Cardiff the other half in kent i haven't noticed much building of homes there
My mother lives at the bottom end by Ely Bridge, traffic is already congested there and the additional 700 houses won't help alleviate the situation. The council missed a trick linking the A4232 and Western Avenue at Ely Bridge roundabout, would have eased congestion through Ely, Caerau and Canton, especially when you consider all the development planned in the Creigau area also. Now that can never be achieved with The Mill development.

The new road that links The Mill to Ely Bridge is intended for use by service vehicles only and not for cars. But I am pretty sure that will never be the case. The proposal is that the site of The Mill which boasts, 1 school, a milk factory, doctors, pharmacy and other businesses should all come in and out through one route, which is the crossroads where Broad Street meets Sanatorium road. Not to mention another housing estate with 300 homes that already make use of the very same crossroads for again the only entry and exit of their estate. So that's 1,000 homes, schools, businesses all feeding to one set of lights.

I say to my mother she should move but both her and my step dad are happy there so no need to push the issue. They've improved the cycle path at least and make it easier to join onto the Ely trail, plus the walk to the stadium becomes a lot quicker. So there are positives for them.