+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

Re: Moving from Cardiff To Tumpy Land, any of you done it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    This. If you leave Cardiff but have to travel in to work, probably the most important factor for me would be the proximity to a train station. I travel out of Cardiff up the A470 and the M4 every morning and the queues coming in are usually horrendous. That being said I do like Caerphilly and if I were to have to move for financial reasons, that would probably be where I would go.
    I've been travelling up and down the A470 5 days a week for 13 years and currently have the luxury of Heath high and low level 12 mins walk away, Caerphilly is looking favourable at the moment or I might just bottle it and stick.

I lived in Caerphilly for 5years having lived and worked in Cardiff all my life.
    I just found it a pain logistically. Houses were much cheaper but After a while I felt that the houses in Cardiff were increasing in value faster than Caerphilly and if I didn't move back to the Big City when we did we may never afford to move back to a similar size property and it would have been a case of down sizing to mov back.

Move to Barry. Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Move to Barry. Sorted.
    or so you may think.....With new developments in Wenvoe and a huge estate on the site of the old HTV studios, the traffic will be horendous. Cardiff seems to want to agree on all these new builds, including the huge development set for the outskirts of Creigiau, but little or new news on any improvement to the public transport infrastructure, we seem to lack behind all other major cities I visit. Cardiff is already gridlocked with traffic at peak times and needs to do something with the public transport, or lack of, in advance of or at least inconjunction with new development.

Take the train. 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Take the train. 20 minutes.
    All well 'n good if you are in the vicinity of the station, not so good if you were in highlight park. PT is superb where you are but diabolical in more rural areas of South Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    wtf is tumpy land im not sure about you being mounted either
    The "tumpy" is the mountain on the east side of the valley in Mountain Ash or should I say that was its name when I grew up there in the 50's. Never heard of the expression Tumpy Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    As a born and bred Cardiffian, who moved to Caerphilly about four years ago, I agree. Caerphilly is more or less a Cardiff overspill. Love it here mind, it's got everything you need. Will probably stay for good.
    and you got a castle, if it all kicks off

Two points:

1. I used to attend Lansbury Park junior school back in the day. At the end of the yard there was a long bumpy stretch of grass with loads of mini hills. This was commonly referred to as the tumps. It made for an epic game of bulldog and is probably why half of Caerphilly use a stick to walk.

2. Caerphilly is a great place to live. I'd say it's on a par with Bridgend and Barry if you enjoy spotting ugly weird people. I'm pretty sure most of the strange people on here inhabit one of these three places.

In fairness, bed towns such as Caerphilly and Pontypridd are just as good, if not better, than living in the outer suburbs of Cardiff.
    Speaking for Pontypridd:
    Nice houses/decent houses/any bl**dy houses come a 100k - 150k plus cheaper.
    Transport links.... a few stops on the train or a short drive by car/bus down the A470.
    A cracking park for families, including a new, large children's play area and the outdoor swimming complex.
    A large enough town for your needs (more facilities than you're likely to find in Radyr, Whitchurch, Tongwynlais and so on).
    Contrary to Urban myths, towns such as Ponty do have nice areas ........ and there are some spectacular walks/cycling into the nearby countryside.
    ... oh ... and Cardiff when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Two points:

1. I used to attend Lansbury Park junior school back in the day. At the end of the yard there was a long bumpy stretch of grass with loads of mini hills. This was commonly referred to as the tumps. It made for an epic game of bulldog and is probably why half of Caerphilly use a stick to walk.

2. Caerphilly is a great place to live. I'd say it's on a par with Bridgend and Barry if you enjoy spotting ugly weird people. I'm pretty sure most of the strange people on here inhabit one of these three places.
    I went there as well and also remember them, although wouldn't have without you mentioning them. Good memory that.

You have all missed the best areas Talbot Green,Pontyclun,Llantrisant-main line station 13 minutes into Cardiff, buses every 20 minutes.good access by road A4119 or M4 and the aforementioned cheaper housing.Oh!Only 20 minutes by car to CCS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I went there as well and also remember them, although wouldn't have without you mentioning them. Good memory that.
    I remember misjudging one particular tump once and biting off part of my tongue. I'm still amazed to this day how much blood came out of one mouth. Probably why I still remember them.

Happy days (apart from the tongue biting incident of course)

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    You have all missed the best areas Talbot Green,Pontyclun,Llantrisant-main line station 13 minutes into Cardiff, buses every 20 minutes.good access by road A4119 or M4 and the aforementioned cheaper housing.Oh!Only 20 minutes by car to CCS!!!
    If you leave at 4am with a good tail wind

Remind me again why this thread got 589,142 views

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    or so you may think.....With new developments in Wenvoe and a huge estate on the site of the old HTV studios, the traffic will be horendous. Cardiff seems to want to agree on all these new builds, including the huge development set for the outskirts of Creigiau, but little or new news on any improvement to the public transport infrastructure, we seem to lack behind all other major cities I visit. Cardiff is already gridlocked with traffic at peak times and needs to do something with the public transport, or lack of, in advance of or at least inconjunction with new development.
    same with the development that's just off ely bridge over to the old wiggins teap site (looks like the road link is nearly done)
    the traffic on ely bridge is a nightmare the new builds to the west of city
    I'm back and forth kent so spent half the time in Cardiff the other half in kent i haven't noticed much building of homes there

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    same with the development that's just off ely bridge over to the old wiggins teap site (looks like the road link is nearly done)
    the traffic on ely bridge is a nightmare the new builds to the west of city
    I'm back and forth kent so spent half the time in Cardiff the other half in kent i haven't noticed much building of homes there
    Mmm hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe somebody has been clicking on it without posting on it since the previous last post on 30-03-16

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Maybe somebody has been clicking on it without posting on it since the previous last post on 30-03-16
    They must have a sore finger by now

Remind me why you have so much time on your hands you've actually looked at it

What's your theory?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Remind me why you have so much time on your hands you've actually looked at it
    It's the most viewed thread on CCMB It's way ahead of the Kenny Miller, 1, tattoo & crisp threads. Why?

This thread has a cult following , phew glad my spell checked worked that time

It's the most viewed thread on CCMB It's way ahead of the Kenny Miller, 1, tattoo & crisp threads. Why?
    And i never moved in the end, although now looking at it again

I left school on a Thursday and caught the 7.30am train Friday morning straight out of Tumpy Land changed at Numpty Central and got the **** out of the whole landscape.