+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameron drops bombshell privatisation announcement then catches a plane to Lanzarote

Blog Entries

Cameron drops bombshell privatisation announcement then catches a plane to Lanzarote

Trying to keep this quiet just like they did with the Infrastructure bill..

David Cameron drops bombshell privatisation announcement then catches a plane to Lanzarote

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/03/25/16830/

Sneaky bar stewards, here is the link for the new petition if you are against it. (that site takes you to the old petition)
    https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...-land-registry

Talking of petitions there is one trying to ban Cameron from coming back to the UK, some good comments on there Keep extremists out of Britain.
    https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-ther...ntering-the-uk

Re: Cameron drops bombshell privatisation announcement then catches a plane to Lanzarote

signed

Re: Cameron drops bombshell privatisation announcement then catches a plane to Lanzarote

Signed.

signed

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

David Cameron drops bombshell privatisation announcement then catches a plane to Lanzarote

Sneaky bar stewards, here is the link for the new petition if you are against it. (that site takes you to the old petition)

Talking of petitions there is one trying to ban Cameron from coming back to the UK, some good comments on there Keep extremists out of Britain.

Keep extremists out of British put a smile on my face.I hope the public start waking up to what the Tories are doing here. They would privatise the air we breathe given ha!f a chance.

Signed.

Signed

Signed

Banned

Not signed.

I imagine the response to this petition will be something like....

A spokesman for the Conservative party said the proposed reforms would accelerate a process of improving the utilisation of public land.

"We are creating a dynamic public-led system where the public have a more significant voice in the development and play an active role in their communities."
    It doesn't really fit though.

Starting to show how much lib dems held back the Tories. They tried under the last government but Libs stopped them doing it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Keep extremists out of British put a smile on my face.I hope the public start waking up to what the Tories are doing here. They would privatise the air we breathe given ha!f a chance.
    Yeah it made me chuckle too, looking back at my post now I seem quite restrained, the pre-edited version was a lot less pleasant

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Starting to show how much lib dems held back the Tories. They tried under the last government but Libs stopped them doing it.
    Yes and no Barry. I agree that the LibDems kept reigned in the Tories. However had they opted not to go into coalition the Tories would have to consider running as a minority Government and would have struggled to pass any legislation.

signed

Signed

In theory, fracking for shail gas is not a bad idea, as long as it didn't interfere with water supply etc.
    I read somewhere that we have trillions and trillions of tons of the stuff underground, and we could be self sufficient in fuel for 100's of years and have enough to export huge quantities and put the country in a really strong financial position.

But we all know what would happen, it would be foreign companies given the drilling rights (ones that all our top politicians have shares in) and there would be sod all going into the UK coffers, We would be told that because of this or that reason our fuel bills would still have to go up, instead of giving us cheap fuel for ever. Companies from all over the world would benefit, except here.

When North Sea oil and gas was being examined using our tax money we were told that our domestic fuel would be dirt cheap for years, and our petrol. But then we were given bullshit about it being too good for refining into petrol, so they still had to import oil.

Therefore, even before all the facts about the safety of fracking are known, as far as I'm concerned they can leave it in the ground and save us from more bullshit.

Signed and bunged on fakebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes and no Barry. I agree that the LibDems kept reigned in the Tories. However had they opted not to go into coalition the Tories would have to consider running as a minority Government and would have struggled to pass any legislation.
    Which wouldn't have been a very stable political period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
    In theory, fracking for shail gas is not a bad idea, as long as it didn't interfere with water supply etc.
    I read somewhere that we have trillions and trillions of tons of the stuff underground, and we could be self sufficient in fuel for 100's of years and have enough to export huge quantities and put the country in a really strong financial position.

But we all know what would happen, it would be foreign companies given the drilling rights (ones that all our top politicians have shares in) and there would be sod all going into the UK coffers, We would be told that because of this or that reason our fuel bills would still have to go up, instead of giving us cheap fuel for ever. Companies from all over the world would benefit, except here.

When North Sea oil and gas was being examined using our tax money we were told that our domestic fuel would be dirt cheap for years, and our petrol. But then we were given bullshit about it being too good for refining into petrol, so they still had to import oil.

Therefore, even before all the facts about the safety of fracking are known, as far as I'm concerned they can leave it in the ground and save us from more bullshit.
    They can frack off and use the Queens land, she has enough.

Signed.

out of interest, did you vote in the last election?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher View Post
    out of interest, did you vote in the last election?
    Why do you ask?

Banned

Why do you ask?
    I'm presuming out of interest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    I'm presuming out of interest
    Perhaps I should have asked what it has to do with this thread.

Banned

Perhaps I should have asked what it has to do with this thread.