+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frankly amazed there is no mention of this on here

Re: Frankly amazed there is no mention of this on here

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    Pakistan are paying lip-service. Their secret service is as corrupt as Saudi Arabia'S. They tolerate (evenly actively support) training camps and radical movements as the governments do not become (frequent) targets and it suits their agenda ... i.e. power in the region (the struggle for Kashmir).
    my Client / friend who does the security work ( yes i am mentioning him again ) was based in the Brit embassy in Afghanistan during the time we were actively fighting, he said when the Americans and Brits arrived, the Camps were just moved across the border in Pakistan, the Taliban / al qaeda would control the area and be active in Afganistan, but when any US / UK troops arrived they would just scuttle back to the camps in Pakistan, they knew that they couldnt be attacked while across the border and the Pakistan government would never give permission to the troops to chase and engage in Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my Client / friend who does the security work ( yes i am mentioning him again ) was based in the Brit embassy in Afghanistan during the time we were actively fighting, he said when the Americans and Brits arrived, the Camps were just moved across the border in Pakistan, the Taliban / al qaeda would control the area and be active in Afganistan, but when any US / UK troops arrived they would just scuttle back to the camps in Pakistan, they knew that they couldnt be attacked while across the border and the Pakistan government would never give permission to the troops to chase and engage in Pakistan
    He missed the Bin Laden news then?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Wasn't that supposedly a covert operation not sanctioned by Pakistan?

Banned

That's why they didn't tell them,then said oops when they broke their helicopter.

I don't think the Americans were given permission

He was home in the UK by then

though i am surprised you wouldnt have know this, BUT the USA NEVER asked Pakistan for permission for the Bin Laden raid, infact Obama has gone on record and said " if we have asked Pakistan for permission for the raid, we would never have got him "

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wasn't that supposedly a covert operation not sanctioned by Pakistan?
    oppps sorry, i didnt see your reply, i work down the board, i really should check ahead of posts