+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kane and Vardy

Kane and Vardy

Two super goals.

Re: Kane and Vardy

I think this England team has far more balance about it than the so called golden generation.
    Great news for us eh!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think this England team has far more balance about it than the so called golden generation.
    Great news for us eh!
    They look really good actually, closing down from the front has been excellent.
    Hate to say it, bit for the first time going into a tournament since about 1998 I've thought England could do really well.

They just need to forget about "Superstar Captain" Rooney. He'll slow things down and would add nothing to this side.

Weak at the back but blistering pace from everywhere up front

FT Germany 2-3 England.

That after being 2-0 down.

Let's hope Wales get off to a good start v Slovakia.

They did look very good, composed aswell. Bad news

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They did look very good, composed aswell. Bad news
    Bossed the game for large periods.

unfortunate with the goals they let in too somewhat

highly impressive

Very impressive stuff. They have some great young players

Looking good to be fair.

no doubt the old boy network will be willing rooney to get the nod ahead of the euro's .

england looked usefel tonight but a hideous kit mind

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    FT Germany 2-3 England.

That after being 2-0 down.

Let's hope Wales get off to a good start v Slovakia.
    Best game for us to start with, winning against Slovakia is so vital and I suppose we see them as the weakest in the group, on the flip side I would imagine the Slovakians have the same point of view.

Also they have, for the first time in ages, a discernable style of play, that players coming into the side can drop into.

England are far better without Rooney but the balance of the side will be altered when he plays as he surely will thank gawd.

Rooney and Wilshere will be forced in, Carrick as well probably, you put those 3 in and it's a completely different side

his could be a blessing in disguise for us, expectations through the roof, media pressure cranked up a few notches

Am I clutching at straws thinking Germany were poor? Passing was terrible at times and no tempo whatsoever.

Banned

England have been bottlers since 1966, every tournament they are tipped to do well. Don't think we have anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Am I clutching at straws thinking Germany were poor? Passing was terrible at times and no tempo whatsoever.
    There has to be an element of it being a friendly game

As always with these things, not wise to read a lot into it from any aspect

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    England have been bottlers since 1966, every tournament they are tipped to do well. Don't think we have anything to worry about.
    At some point, sooner or later, they have the capacity to win something.

I think England are genuine contenders. They just need to realise that there is no shame in being a counter attacking team because they have blistering pace. They seem a far better team than Belgium.

Like a few others have said Rooney unbalances the team. The only area they seem to be weak in is centre backs.

I doubt there is a team in the world with the pace England have up front Walcott, vardy, welbeck, sterling, sturridge.

England were the worst possible draw for us because they know our players weaknesses and whilst we know theirs they have better quality in all areas. Bale will need to be super human again for us to get anything.

We're definitely going to win the Euros. FOOTBALLS COMING HOME

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    We're definitely going to win the Euros. FOOTBALLS COMING HOME
    What makes you think that? I remember when England beat Germany 5 - 1 in a qualifier. Germany went on to reach the final where as England bottled the quarter final. In 50 years England have never reached a final, nothing I have seen of the latest batch of bottlers convinces me that that fact will change any time soon.

It's difficult to say but England looked good, we will need our best places firing on all cylinders if we got any chance.