What odds on successive relegations?

Re: Remi Garde leaves Aston Villa

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What odds on successive relegations?
    Very short odds I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues View Post
    Well nobody expected that eh?
    To be fair the Villa players didn't exactly bust a gut in their efforts to stay in with a chance of staying up.

It was weird to see Sherwood slagging Garde off on Match of the Day seeing as Sherwood is at least 60% to blame for Villa's this season.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It was weird to see Sherwood slagging Garde off on Match of the Day seeing as Sherwood is at least 60% to blame for Villa's this season.
    You think so? Do you really believe that Sherwood was responsible for the sale of Villa's best players last summer and their replacement by cheap journeymen? Managers usually get it in the neck when a team is struggling, but I believe the main blame at Villa lies elsewhere.

First Team

I agree Bob.
    The current owner appears to have no interest in the club.
    I remember how much Doug Ellis used to be rubbished but I bet most Villa supporters would crawl over broken glass to have someone like him back at the helm.
    The problem with selling out to overseas billionaires is that once you become a plaything you can be replaced by a newer hobby.
    Aston Villa have become the footballing equivalent of a cabbage patch doll, once the must have but no hidden in the back of the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You think so? Do you really believe that Sherwood was responsible for the sale of Villa's best players last summer and their replacement by cheap journeymen? Managers usually get it in the neck when a team is struggling, but I believe the main blame at Villa lies elsewhere.
    Maybe not 60% of the blame like I said earlier but for this season I'd say he deserves quite a lot more blame than Garde

This kind of season has been on the cards for Villa for a while. I'm amazed they haven't had a genuine relegation scrap in any of the past three seasons. I'm not sure any manager could have done much to turn them round this season.

Seeing Leicester win the league and 'big' clubs like villa, Sunderland amd/or Newcastle go down would be brilliant.

Changing of the Garde

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Changing of the Garde