+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ta Ta site in PT

Ta Ta site in PT

What else could be done for employment on that huge site?? If no steel making which seems likely, no other industry can jump in there I imagine as what they have is just for steel making. Believe it or not there is a almost pristine beach behind it, rolling sand dunes up to the town and the hills beyond. It's a beautiful area, particularly if you took the industrial stuff out of the equation. Surely something could be done there to bring in revenue and create jobs.

Re: Ta Ta site in PT

i wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is knocked down and brand new shiny houses put there. Only problem is there will be no jobs for people to be bale to afford said houses.

Its essential that these jobs are replaced.

Lots of interesting examples of using old industrial sites in Germany where they're turned into open air museums and tourist attractions.

With the quality of the beach and its proximity to Cardiff I'd imagine it wouldn't take too much to make the area into a vibrant tourist destination. You could imagine an Alton Towers types of funfair rides in amongst the old factory infrastructure - which looks really impressive regardless of what you think of the pollution from the current activities.

Joining it to Margam Park and Kenfig would make the area quite spectacular if done properly

Just needs investment and imagination now.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Lots of interesting examples of using old industrial sites in Germany where they're turned into open air museums and tourist attractions.

With the quality of the beach and its proximity to Cardiff I'd imagine it wouldn't take too much to make the area into a vibrant tourist destination. You could imagine an Alton Towers types of funfair rides in amongst the old factory infrastructure - which looks really impressive regardless of what you think of the pollution from the current activities.

Joining it to Margam Park and Kenfig would make the area quite spectacular if done properly

Just needs investment and imagination now.
    We really dont need an Alton Towers in beautiful Wales. I would rather see a successful and bustling Steel works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    We really dont need an Alton Towers in beautiful Wales. I would rather see a successful and bustling Steel works.

It's going to be nigh on impossible to replace 5000 jobs and many others that feed the plant, but surely something tourist like could be developed? Surely that would give the area the most jobs. It's a stunning area, not many places in Wales have a beach that nice which rolls into steep mountains and gorgeous forests. Like someone said, it's only 20 mins from the capital too.

as much as i agree its a lovely area along the dunes and beach etc, ( I live locally). I don't live many tourists would flock into the area. The aberavon beach front could do with further investment and offer more to do, and at a fraction of the cost of redeveloping the land and access to the beach behind the works.

Keep the beach a secret

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Keep the beach a secret
    Is it still one? Mates were surfing down there 30 years ago thought it was quite well known by now....

Solution
    The govermenent nationalize port talbot and all the other plants in the UK, we can only do this if we leave the EU, as they forbid it
    secondly after leaving the eu, we ban all imports of steel, except from countries that we export too but India no imports!
    Stop all aid to india, they are far richer than us, see what they spend on their space program, and all that extra money can be used for to help the elderly in this country, who are treated worse that prisoners
    Tata have had enough of our money in subsidies, lets just force a order on them nationlise and kick them out

“Here is some food for thought…We should place the elderly in prisons. They will get a shower a day, video surveillance in case of problems, three hot meals a day, access to a library, computer, TV, gym, doctor on-site, free medication if needed. We should put criminals in nursing homes. They have cold meals, lights off at 7pm, two showers a week, live in a smaller room and pay rent at £1750 a month!!! It’s pretty sad that we treat prisoners better than the elderly.”
    Last edited by Igovernor; 31-03-16 at 16:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Solution
    The govermenent nationalize port talbot and all the other plants in the UK, we can only do this if we leave the EU, as they forbid it
    secondly after leaving the eu, we ban all imports of steel, except from countries that we export too but India no imports!
    Stop all aid to india, they are far richer than us, see what they spend on their space program, and all that extra money can be used for to help the elderly in this country, who are treated worse that prisoners
    Tata have had enough of our money in subsidies, lets just force a order on them nationlise and kick them out
    that almost sounds like the UK taking control of its own destiny again