+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEX Immers

Re: LEX Immers

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not worth more than a six out of ten though according to Wales Online's markings.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ounty-11129019
    Probably why it's not worth reading anymore, if only they had someone there that actually understood football and could write an objective report with a proper analysis of the match.

Anyone that thinks Immers display warranted only 6 out of 10 either spent to much time in the pub beforehand or is talking out of their parse

Immers and O'keefe were outstanding yesterday and it would be a tough call to pick just one of them for the MOTM award

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Probably why it's not worth reading anymore, if only they had someone there that actually understood football and could write an objective report with a proper analysis of the match.

Anyone that thinks Immers display warranted only 6 out of 10 either spent to much time in the pub beforehand or is talking out of their parse

Immers and O'keefe were outstanding yesterday and it would be a tough call to pick just one of them for the MOTM award
    Agree entirely - I've just said exactly the same thing I've highlighted in your message in the blog piece I'm in the process of writing.

O'Keefe MOM for me, but can't understand why people aren't raving about Ralls who week after week looks the best, most complete midfielder on the pitch.
    Since he and O'Keefe have been linked up we've had 2 in the middle who can both pass, tackle and shoot.

Immers has been a great addition, but first half he was a bit off with his passing accuracy.
    However toward the end he was running his guts out - he's got an immense engine.

No wonder we can defend and hold leads now- contrast him to Kenwyne or Ameobi - when the opposition had all the time in the world.

Immers and Pilkington defend from the front.

My only concern is out wide, Whitts disappeared after that awful foul on him - why was that not at least a booking ?
    And No one seemed to lose the ball every time he got it in the 2 nd half.

Both should have come off early in the 2 nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    O'Keefe MOM for me, but can't understand why people aren't raving about Ralls who week after week looks the best, most complete midfielder on the pitch.
    Since he and O'Keefe have been linked up we've had 2 in the middle who can both pass, tackle and shoot.

Immers has been a great addition, but first half he was a bit off with his passing accuracy.
    However toward the end he was running his guts out - he's got an immense engine.

No wonder we can defend and hold leads now- contrast him to Kenwyne or Ameobi - when the opposition had all the time in the world.

My only concern is out wide, Whitts disappeared after that awful foul on him - why was that not at least a booking ?

I thought Ralls was steady but not on the same level as O'Keefe yesterday.
    Derby clearly done their homework on Noone and worked hard to keep him on his right foot.The only thing that surprises me is that more teams haven't done the same.

Did you notice the time Ralls was trapped in the corner 1st half, back 2 goal with 2 men on him, not only got free but hit an inch perfect pass.
    Boy is class.
    Wins a lot of headers and loose balls in the middle too.
    Puts his extra height too good use.

He's a good player mate and is head and shoulders above Gunnarsson in my opinion but at times I thought his passing could have been crisper yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not worth more than a six out of ten though according to Wales Online's markings.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ounty-11129019
    They scored him less than Noone, who had a very poor day.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    They scored him less than Noone, who had a very poor day.
    I voted for Immers but it was either him or OKeefe to be fair.
    Noone is very one footed and hence very predictable so defenders learn how to stifle his runs.
    They gave Pilks 6 and commented that the service into him wasn't great. Yet they gave everyone around him ( except Immers) a 7 or more. So where did this poor service come from?

I don't know how you can say whitts dissappeared I thought he had a great game with some real touches of class.

Some of his best first touches and passes we've seen all season.

Immers was 9/10 yesterday WOL is nonsense.

After the foul I made s point of watching for his reaction... Whitts was rushing his passes and many went astray .
    He had a torrid time up until half time.

2 nd half he did better, but most of the play was down our right, with the increasingly knackered looking No one making little impression.

After the foul I made s point of watching for his reaction... Whitts was rushing his passes and many went astray .
    He had a torrid time up until half time.

2 nd half he did better, but most of the play was down our right, with the increasingly knackered looking No one making little impression.
    We were talking about having two out and out left footers in wide positions and how that limits the opportunity to swap wings and keep their full backs on their toes

Derby had done their homework on Noone and he was stifled as an attacking option.

Possibly a shout for Lawrence to come on and freshen things up?

Quote Originally Posted by protex blue View Post
    We were talking about having two out and out left footers in wide positions and how that limits the opportunity to swap wings and keep their full backs on their toes

Derby had done their homework on Noone and he was stifled as an attacking option.

Possibly a shout for Lawrence to come on and freshen things up?

I would have started Lawrence and when he didn't he should still have come on earlier .