+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This Panama papers thingy

Re: This Panama papers thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I really really want to. How do I do it?
    It's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I ain't saying she's a gold digger.....

Sorry.

Apparently Downing Street has said that the issue of whether David Camerons family still has funds in offshore investments is a "private matter"

Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Apparently Downing Street has said that the issue of whether David Camerons family still has funds in offshore investments is a "private matter"

Hmmmm
    It was about 3 days ago, not so now.

Our PM whose party got elected partly on a manifesto pledge of stopping people avoid and evade tax is going to inherit money that was moved around the globe in order to avoid paying tax in the UK. Somehow he will wriggle out of this because he always does but it is just more mud to sling when his day finally comes. I get the feeling Cameron is going to end up a laughing stock when the people who put him there cut the strings and let their puppet drop to the floor.

not sure i see the issue here. tax is just a way of punishing success. there should be ways around it for succesful people and this panama thing looks ideal and legal.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    not sure i see the issue here. tax is just a way of punishing success. there should be ways around it for succesful people and this panama thing looks ideal and legal.
    I agree.

Self employed people are successful. I propose that they can all stop paying any tax.

Except nugent.

He can pay 50% rate.

The man u supporting bastard.

Remember, this is info from ONE organisation facilitating this stuff, there are dozens upon dozens more of them out there. A big player, granted

Except our best paying jobs (be they managerial positions or simply artists of some kind who can afford to spend time with no money and the best training) are dominated by those who followed the Eton etc. to Oxbridge pathway, which would suggest it's not all about hard work and success. A pathway, it's been pointed out, our prime minister afforded partly because his dad decided paying for the NHS etc. was a job for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Except our best paying jobs (be they managerial positions or simply artists of some kind who can afford to spend time with no money and the best training) are dominated by those who followed the Eton etc. to Oxbridge pathway, which would suggest it's not all about hard work and success. A pathway, it's been pointed out, our prime minister afforded partly because his dad decided paying for the NHS etc. was a job for someone else.
    thats a bit of a generalisation there.

It is still early days yet, there are millions of documents to wade through, so I'd imagine it'll take some time before the really juicy stuff gets unearthed.

There is a suspicious lack of anyone from the USA involved so far.
    Isn't Panama owned by the CIA >?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Hmmmm
    Well everyone is innocent

"""" claims Mr Livingstone was paid via a company, Silveta Ltd, so he was only liable for corporation tax at 20%, rather than paying full income tax.
    The issue has been raised several times at Prime Minister's Questions by Conservative MPs keen to support Mr Johnson's re-election bid on 3 May.
    'Exact same position'
    Mr Livingstone said his arrangement was not a "tax avoidance thing" and to suggest otherwise was a "smear", adding: "I pay my income tax on everything I get."

Quote Originally Posted by herberthuw View Post
    Isn't Panama owned by the CIA >?
    no, eddie van halen.

Agree, I'd like to see all footballers paid by issuing them with non repayable loans channelled through iffy offshore employment benefit trusts that deliberately set out to circumvent PAYE....What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Agree, I'd like to see all footballers paid by issuing them with non repayable loans channelled through iffy offshore employment benefit trusts that deliberately set out to circumvent PAYE....What could possibly go wrong?
    if your talking about the most sucesful club in the world ever, then i think you will find that was all above board and leegal.

Off-shore tax havens set-up to avoid paying Tax, its hardly a new thing is it ? ? ?

The ripples from this one are going to rock a few boats. Or private yachts.

IMG_20160404_205029.jpg

Thousands protesting the Icelandic PM following this

Because those responsible for levying taxes on your average man are avoiding paying it themselves, then complaining that there is nothing left in the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Off-shore tax havens set-up to avoid paying Tax, its hardly a new thing is it ? ? ?
    Having millions of documents available showing who is involved and how is kind of a bit new though.

Blog Entries

The media is leaving out significant ‘home truths’ from its Panama Papers report
    http://www.thecanary.co/2016/04/04/m...papers-report/

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    That sounds like a good idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    The media is leaving out significant ‘home truths’ from its Panama Papers report
    http://www.thecanary.co/2016/04/04/m...papers-report/
    That link doesn't really support your statement.

That link doesn't really support your statement.
    The article says that westerners are implicated but not being mentioned. Which is odd as the only people I've heard mentioned so far have been westerners (except putin).

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The article says that westerners are implicated but not being mentioned. Which is odd as the only people I've heard mentioned so far have been westerners (except putin).

If you can't trust The Canary who can you trust.....