+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Film 16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Film 16

Had high hopes for Hail, Ceasar! as I've enjoyed the Coen Brothers movies over the years but while the cinematography was interesting, the storyline was not.

Also watched The Grand Budapest Hotel, it was alright, a bit quirky but I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Had high hopes for Hail, Ceasar! as I've enjoyed the Coen Brothers movies over the years but while the cinematography was interesting, the storyline was not.

Also watched The Grand Budapest Hotel, it was alright, a bit quirky but I enjoyed it.

Hail Ceasar was a major disappointment. So much acting talent so badly wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post

Just watched The Grand Budapest Hotel and agree with you. Quirky with one or two funny moments and a bit and miss but I enjoyed it.

Last week, I too saw an edgy chiller of a film with genuine 'edge-of-ya-seat' moments. The female lead detective was investigating the reason for personality swings that created animalistic monsters which was really just an excuse for slashes of gore and guts. There were some decent one-liners too.

It's had some great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes - an Audience Score of 95% liking it, and 98% on the Tomatometer.
    Link: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zootopia/?search=zoo