The usual dodgy places.
    I got it from rarbg

https://rarbg.to/torrent/y8ioatz
    Cheers

Re: Film 16

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Cheers
    Enjoy.
    But be warned you wont learn anything new about Scientology that you haven't learned about from Going Clear,its not that type of film.

Blue in the Face

This looks good...

Blue in the Face

Re-watched this great film the other day. Raunchy espionage film directed by one of the greats Ang Lee.

Two films I'm looking forward to seeing - Under the Shadow and The Girl with All the Gifts.

Under the Shadow particularly has great reviews - although unfortunately not showing in Cardiff at the moment. Both have come highly recommended to me (although I've not seen yet so don't blame me if they're rubbish )

Das Boot- The Directors cut. What a superb film and not the ending I was expecting.

Watched Love, Honour and Obey last week on youtube, hilarious London gangster spoof with a great cast.

Re-watched Platoon for the umpteenth time the other day and it reaffirmed its status (in my mind at least) as one of the best films of all time

My kids have asked me what I want for Christmas. I have gone through this thread and asked for three films recommended on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Watch all the director's other films too - "Incendies", "Enemy" and "Prisoners". He's always brilliant at tension.
    I saw his latest film "arrival" in the cinema last night. Really good.

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    Incendies is one of the films I have listed for my lads as a Christmas present.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Re-watched Platoon for the umpteenth time the other day and it reaffirmed its status (in my mind at least) as one of the best films of all time
    Re-watched "Nixon", "JFK" and "Natural Born Killers" recently. Oliver Stone was damn good when he was good. Sadly I think Stone has lost it as a fiction director. I thought "Snowden" was poor, politically confused but somewhat interesting. Stone's "Untold history of the United States" is terrific though. His docs are much better than his fiction now...

I caught up with it on Friday. I was a bit dissapointed knowing how good Villeneuve is. But it was still really interesting. Felt like there was some agitprop going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Incendies is one of the films I have listed for my lads as a Christmas present.
    Maybe don't watch it on Xmas day!

Sing Street - what an uplifting happy funny movie with a great soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Re-watched "Nixon", "JFK" and "Natural Born Killers" recently. Oliver Stone was damn good when he was good. Sadly I think Stone has lost it as a fiction director. I thought "Snowden" was poor, politically confused but somewhat interesting. Stone's "Untold history of the United States" is terrific though. His docs are much better than his fiction now...

I caught up with it on Friday. I was a bit dissapointed knowing how good Villeneuve is. But it was still really interesting. Felt like there was some agitprop going on.

Maybe don't watch it on Xmas day!
    Indeed. Watched Divines at the weekend. About a French girl who gets involved in selling drugs and dragged into other stuff. Thought it was pretty good.

Very good

A bit dark for very young kids.

And it'll give you a slamming headache as it is a bit OTT on the action scenes.

Enjoyed The Witch. Bleakly atmospheric.
    Bone Tomahawk also very good but a bit brutal in places.

BBC Kermode's list of best films in order:-

1. Under the Shadow
    2. Notes on Blindness
    3. Embrace of the Serpent
    4. Son of Saul
    5. 13th
    6. High-Rise
    7. Tale of Tales
    8. Evolution
    9. Love and Friendship
    10. Fan

Recently watched Ben Affleck in The Accountant, decent watch, same genre as the Bourne trilogy. No classic but passes the time well

I normally download torrents for DVD rips of all the nominated movies this time of year, but since KAT has gone I can't find many. I've been using Pirate Bay but there's not much on offer. Maybe they have stopped distributing DVDs "for your consideration". Has anyone found a torrent site with Manchester By The Sea, La La Land etc?

Two films I'm looking forward to seeing - Under the Shadow and The Girl with All the Gifts.

Under the Shadow particularly has great reviews - although unfortunately not showing in Cardiff at the moment. Both have come highly recommended to me (although I've not seen yet so don't blame me if they're rubbish )
    Just watched Under the Shadow. Very good with some moments to make you jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just watched Under the Shadow. Very good with some moments to make you jump.
    That's on my to watch list.

Saw The Girl with all the Gifts the other day, well recommended.
    A very different take on the zombie genre.

The thread header needs updating, unless Pearcey wants to have the honour of starting a fresh one.

Recently watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe.
    Really good, tight little horror film. just over an hour and twenty in length and for the first 30mins you could be watching CSI or something like that, then the horror starts creeping in.
    no jump scares, just creepy and unsettling.

This is what Stephen King had to say about it, which made me seek it out.

Stephen King ‏@StephenKing Jan 11
    THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE: Visceral horror to rival ALIEN and early Cronenberg. Watch it, but not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I normally download torrents for DVD rips of all the nominated movies this time of year, but since KAT has gone I can't find many. I've been using Pirate Bay but there's not much on offer. Maybe they have stopped distributing DVDs "for your consideration". Has anyone found a torrent site with Manchester By The Sea, La La Land etc?
    Screeners started appearing for arrival and la la land this week