+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Film 16

Re: Film 16

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I caught a few minutes of Sharknado last night. The storyline followed that well trodden hollywood path of sharks getting stuck in a tornado and attacking people in LA. Script was excellent and Tara Reid, as ever, was incredible.
    The philosophical questions raised by the film just added to the layers of quality, better than Shawshank IMO

Watched The Hateful Eight last night and must say, not really up to the usual standards from Quentin.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Had high hopes for Hail, Ceasar! as I've enjoyed the Coen Brothers movies over the years but while the cinematography was interesting, the storyline was not.

Also watched The Grand Budapest Hotel, it was alright, a bit quirky but I enjoyed it.
    Just watched The Grand Budapest Hotel and agree with you. Quirky with one or two funny moments and a bit and miss but I enjoyed it.

Going back a bit but I watched Frost v Nixon with Michael Sheen last night and it blew me away. I soon realised I knew nothing about Frost, and his insane financial and professional battle to get this interview to air.

The guy playing Nixon was something else. Truly believable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I caught a few minutes of Sharknado last night. The storyline followed that well trodden hollywood path of sharks getting stuck in a tornado and attacking people in LA. Script was excellent and Tara Reid, as ever, was incredible.
    You are going to absolutely love Sharknado 2

Last week, I too saw an edgy chiller of a film with genuine 'edge-of-ya-seat' moments. The female lead detective was investigating the reason for personality swings that created animalistic monsters which was really just an excuse for slashes of gore and guts. There were some decent one-liners too.

It's had some great reviews on Rotten Tomatoes - an Audience Score of 95% liking it, and 98% on the Tomatometer.
    Link: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zootopia/?search=zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You are going to absolutely love Sharknado 2
    And Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!

Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens is coming soon..

Watched " Rush " at the weekend and really enjoyed it.. Great portrayal of FI as it was back then and
    the two rivals , Hunt and Lauda were very well acted out.
    Deserved the good reviews it got on release.

Just finished watching force majure. Thought it was really good - but it's definitely not a mainstream film. A lot of stuff is left to the viewer to work out and the ending might leave you thinking 'wtf'. If that doesn't bother you then it's worth a watch!

Has anyone seen High Rise yet?
    I've liked most of Ben Wheatley's other films but couldn't get through A Field in England. Its out digitally on April 28th but just wondering if its worth seeing in the cinema.

Watched 10 cloverfield lane the other day, that was quite good, if a little odd

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    Just finished watching force majure. Thought it was really good - but it's definitely not a mainstream film. A lot of stuff is left to the viewer to work out and the ending might leave you thinking 'wtf'. If that doesn't bother you then it's worth a watch!
    Yep, good film. Pretty low key but well acted and pretty realistic. The moment when she gets his phone out and shows him he was lying was excruciating.

Watched No Escape, a thriller starring Owen Wilson after it was recommended in another thread. Really enjoyed it, would recommend.

I really enjoyed watching Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I've liked most of Ben Wheatley's other films but couldn't get through A Field in England. Its out digitally on April 28th but just wondering if its worth seeing in the cinema.
    Yeah I've seen this. It's good but again it's very abstract. One girl I was with said she thought it was just a bit too long to hold your attention given how abstract it is, which I think would be a common perception. I got a bit lost through it but wouldn't mind seeing it again at some point.

Saw it last week.

Enjoyed it. Good cast and a typical early J G Ballard plotline. Especially good is the 1970s 'feel' - from clothes, hairstyles, cars and food to the language. It is probably riding on Tom Hiddleston's recent fame in The Night Manager. He is excellent, but there are some other stand-out performances too - Jeremy Irons, Sienna Miller, Keeley Hawes.

Thanks both, may try to catch a screening before it leaves cinemas.

I suppose I've missed The Witch now?

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    I watched the first half an hour and thought it really slow and stopped watching. Need to give it another go.

Just watched 71 about the troubles in Northern Ireland and how a rookie soldier gets plunged into the deep end in a fight for survival. Gritty,edgy and taut.
    A good film. Not black and white and certainly projects a grim image of what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just watched 71 about the troubles in Northern Ireland and how a rookie soldier gets plunged into the deep end in a fight for survival. Gritty,edgy and taut.
    A good film. Not black and white and certainly projects a grim image of what was going on.
    Really enjoyed 71, the main actor is fantastic in everything i've seen him in.

Watched The Invitation this week which i enjoyed a lot.
    http://gb.imdb.com/title/tt2400463/

Also The Boy, which i laughed pretty much all the way through, sadly it's not a comedy.

Civil War tonight,can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Really enjoyed 71, the main actor is fantastic in everything i've seen him in.

Watched The Invitation this week which i enjoyed a lot.
    http://gb.imdb.com/title/tt2400463/

Also The Boy, which i laughed pretty much all the way through, sadly it's not a comedy.

Civil War tonight,can't wait.
    Agreed about 71, thought it was great. The invitation was good as well, I did enjoy it although I felt some of the acting/script was a bit strange at times.
    Slightly similar to the invitation was 'coherence' (because it's set around a dinner party) which is worth a watch.

Other films I watched recently (not necessarily recent films though) which I enjoyed were: big bad wolves, ex machina, crimson peak, down terrace, room, chinatown, brick.

A couple that I didn't rate that highly (which came with good recommendations) were deadpool and the conjuring.

International (over 7000 posts) dr_socks's Avatar

"Look who's back" is currently on Netflix - Hitler wakes up in 2014 - kind of Borat Style funny and uncomfortable at times.

Well worth a watch.

Saw Captain America: Civil War last night

Decent film, a few of the scenes were too long in my opinion

Some good performances though