+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Film 16

Re: Film 16

Went to watch green room at the cinema last night. Pretty good - worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SgorauKoller View Post
    Fifty Dead Men Walking (2008) - Best film I've seen in the last few years. Real life story about a guy in Belfast in the late 80s who becomes a spy for the British Police. Well worth a watch. You will not be disappointed!
    Thanks for that,watched last night.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-fifty-dead...putlocker.html

Blue in the Face

Re-watched this classic the other night. Still great. Still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
    Didn't realise this was on Netflix. Will watch next weekend

Watched Platoon recently, brilliant film and deserves its Oscar

It does a great job showing the immense physical and psychological trauma those men went through, as well as the divisions within the American army at the time and, unlike many American war films, paints America in quite a bad light and poses the question of what's right and what's wrong

Watched Captain America Civil War, thought it was really good.

Watched the perfect host last night, a very good black comedy/thriller. Stand-out performance by David Hyde Pierce.

Here's the trailer, but I recommend going into it blind.

The full film is available on youtube too!

Yep good recommendation. Well worth watching and much better than some of the reviews

Race. Jesse Owens life story.
    I watched it last night and I thought it was an excellent film.

Blue in the Face

Need to see Race. It looks a bit too cheesy but it's a great story.

You should check out my absolute favourite documentary if you like that story. "The Unforgivable Blackness". It's about one of the greatest heavyweight champs Jack Johnson. An incredible story and an incredible film. I had to import a DVD from the US. Not sure if you can get it online anywhere. But appropriate viewing on the day of the death of another colossus of the sport.

Saw mustang the other day Turkish film - thought it was worth a mention on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Need to see Race. It looks a bit too cheesy but it's a great story.

You should check out my absolute favourite documentary if you like that story. "The Unforgivable Blackness". It's about one of the greatest heavyweight champs Jack Johnson. An incredible story and an incredible film. I had to import a DVD from the US. Not sure if you can get it online anywhere. But appropriate viewing on the day of the death of another colossus of the sport.
    Cheers for that. I'll have a look around on the web to see if I can find it.

Not a film as such but watched 'Reg' last night on bbc1.

Drama by Jimmy McGovern based on the true story of Reg Keys, who took on the British prime minister over Britain's participation in the Iraq War.
    Starring Tim Roth but great performances all round. Available on I Player for 29 days.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07g06ch/reg

Not a film as such but watched 'Reg' last night on bbc1.

Drama by Jimmy McGovern based on the true story of Reg Keys, who took on the British prime minister over Britain's participation in the Iraq War.
    Starring Tim Roth but great performances all round. Available on I Player for 29 days.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07g06ch/reg
    Missed that but heard good things about it, will give it a spin.

Completely different,but watched Speed with my 11yo, first time he had seen it.
    He was perched on the edge of his seat the whole way through. It really stands up well, not seen it myself for many years and was surprised how much i was invested in it.

Seen The Nice Guys last night after seeing good reviews online and it didn't disappoint.
    Entertaining from start 'til end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just watched 71 about the troubles in Northern Ireland and how a rookie soldier gets plunged into the deep end in a fight for survival. Gritty,edgy and taut.
    A good film. Not black and white and certainly projects a grim image of what was going on.
    Watched 'STARRED UP' last night on Film 4. A british prison film starring Jack O'Connell who played the lead in '71.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-starred-up...putlocker.html

Currently watching a netflix series called the killing, finished the 2nd series last night will start the 3rd series tonight.

Watched 'STARRED UP' last night on Film 4. A british prison film starring Jack O'Connell who played the lead in '71.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-starred-up...putlocker.html
    Cheers for that

Watched 'SLEEPERS' last night. Released in 1996,but still a hard hitting film. Starring Kevin Bacon, Robert De Niro, Jason Patric.
    Four boys growing up in Hell's Kitchen play a prank that leads to an old man getting hurt. Sentenced to no less than one year in the Wilkenson Center in upstate New York, the four friends are changed by the beating, humiliation and sexual abuse by the guards sworn to protect them. Thirteen years later and a chance meeting lead to a chance for revenge against the Wilkenson Center and the guards.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-sleepers-o...putlocker.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Currently watching a netflix series called the killing, finished the 2nd series last night will start the 3rd series tonight.
    I loved the killing ,a proper who done it .
    Haven't started the 3rd series yet

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I loved the killing ,a proper who done it .
    Haven't started the 3rd series yet
    The American version of The Killing (set in Seattle but following the Scandi plot) is quite good too.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The American version of The Killing (set in Seattle but following the Scandi plot) is quite good too.
    that's the one I watched haven't watched the other version yet

Just watched The Invitation. Nice and edgy with one or two good moments.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Re-watched Moneyball recently

Excellent film, Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill showing why they're 2 of the best actors in Hollywood
    If you enjoyed this its well worth watching The Big Short (about the worldwide banking crisis in 2008), starring Pitt, Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale and Steve Carell amongst others. Both adapted from books written by the same author (The Blind Side is also based on one of his works).

The film is very stylishly made with some quality performances (especially by Steve Carrell) and takes a novel approach to explaining some complex ideas. The only downside is it will make you very angry - especially the ending.

Saw Central Intelligence the other night, far better than you expect a Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson film to be .
    Laughed pretty much the whole way through, full of plot-holes but good dumb fun.