+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A mortal blow to our Play Off hopes?

A mortal blow to our Play Off hopes?

Re: A mortal blow to our Play Off hopes?

Thanks for your efforts again on another informative article.

I thought the subs may well have been right, but the wrong men went off.

The ineffective Noone and perhaps Whitts could have been withdrawn.

We were left short on ball winners.

Looked to me like Zahore is a work in progress. Very strong and fairly quick, but needs to work in touch reading of the game, movement and composure.
    Saadi we saw less of, but again looks like he is raw.

One point on Brentford, you are right, they are bang in form, however they may well be effected by key man Alan Judge getting injured yesterday.

We need to win at least 2 of our next 3 to set up a show down at Hillsborough and for them to falter in 2 of theirs ( Derby and Ipswich perhaps).
    The gap looks too big for the others.

All I hope is that our chances are still alive come the end of this month.

The pressure will be on Wednesday !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Looked to me like Zahore is a work in progress. Very strong and fairly quick, but needs to work in touch reading of the game, movement and composure.

One point on Brentford, you are right, they are bang in form, however they may well be effected by key man Alan Judge getting injured yesterday.

We need to win at least 2 of our next 3 to set up a show down at Hillsborough and for them to falter in 2 of theirs ( Derby and Ipswich perhaps).

We're not playing Wednesday, we're playing Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    We're not playing Wednesday, we're playing Saturday.
    Get your coat...

Bemused why O'Keefe didn't play yesterday-was Slade asked why?

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Bemused why O'Keefe didn't play yesterday-was Slade asked why?
    Rob Phillips off Radio Wales asked him before the game and "OUR RUSS'S" answer was resting him.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Rob Phillips off Radio Wales asked him before the game and "OUR RUSS'S" answer was resting him.
    Plenty of time for him to rest in the summer!!!

Plenty of time for him to rest in the summer!!!
    I know O'Keefe works very hard in every game he plays and covers an enormous amount of distance, but he barely played at senior or Under 21 level in the first half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Yes, I read about Judge's injury - sounds like it's long term one and I see the rival managers, hardly surprisingly, disagree about whether it was caused by a red card type tackle or not.

I thought Ipswich might be able to do us some favours as they chased a Play Off place that they were never likely to get, but it looks to me like they've "gone" now and I believe they'll turn into one of those mid table sides which are mentally on their holidays , as opposed to the ones who will look to enjoy their last few matches and therefore could shock a few under pressure teams, from now on. If MK Dons can get a win at Preston next week, they'll go to Hillsborough thinking they can still scrape clear, but I think the likelihood is that Wednesday will have another six points at least by the time we play them which means we need to take nine from our next three matches.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know O'Keefe works very hard in every game he plays and covers an enormous amount of distance, but he barely played at senior or Under 21 level in the first half of the season.
    A disappointing move by Slade as far as I am concerened.Yesterday was important and with Pilks out another change should have been avoided.

A disappointing move by Slade as far as I am concerened.Yesterday was important and with Pilks out another change should have been avoided.
    With Pilks out and Lawrence moving up front that meant the midfield had 3 changes out of 4 players from those that did so well at Burnley. So to go away a omit 2 defensive midfielders in Dikgacoi and O'Keefe that had performed on Tuesday was just stupid. I'm afraid Slade has to hold his hands up for the selection, although Gunnarsson did assist for Immers' goal.

I agree. He should have started with the team he started at Burnley, but bringing Saadi or Zahore in for Pilks. The decision to start with Noone and Whitts was - IMO - a very poor one. This characterises the poor side of Slade's management. major disappointment yesterday.
    Spedger

Think I would have taken whitts off at the first sub and moved Lawrence wider
    He didn't do much apart from hit average set pieces, any of them should be capable of that

Win our home games and beat Wednesday and we will be there, but winning 4 out of 5 games is a very very tall order.

We played dikgacoi and O'Keefe on Tuesday as we were trying to contain the top side in the league at home.
    This time we were going for a win at a side who are brittle at the back, horses for courses really. We should have killed the game off first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We played dikgacoi and O'Keefe on Tuesday as we were trying to contain the top side in the league at home.
    This time we were going for a win at a side who are brittle at the back, horses for courses really. We should have killed the game off first half.
    There was that desperate off-the line clearance just minutes after our first.
    On another day, that may just as easily have have gone in, may well have changed the game entirely, and if so we would have been having different conversations today.
    Instead, we have almost certainly left ourselves too much to do, while under too much pressure to do so.

Had we not hit the post from Immers' (?) header at the end of the first half we'd be talking about a good win and being only 2 points off Wednesday. Fine margins.

5 games to go, keep up the heat on Wednesday and the game at their place will be huge, don't give in yet