+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What are your memories of Cameron Jerome?

What are your memories of Cameron Jerome?

Hey All,

Just wondering what your memories of Cameron Jerome as a Cardiff City player is like?

Arguably we were the club that made him!

With that in mind, I was online earlier and came across an article mentioning him and some other top current players, worth a read if you have a second.

Click Here To Read

Re: What are your memories of Cameron Jerome?

After he left he dissed us big time so all his good work as a player went down the pan.

Jay was better anyway.

he was over rated shit

Him doing 0-60 mph in 3 seconds up St Mary Street when the boyfriend of a girl he was seeing came steaming up to his car.

Had a useful partnership with Michael Ricketts who was on loan for a while.

I remember him warming up at Millmoor in November 2004:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ro...-cardiff/55048

To be honest I can't recall if he even got on the pitch, though. All my attention was taken up with Ginge in goal, Tony Warner patrolling midfield, and a front two of Kavanagh and O'Neill. I don't know if it frightened Rotherham - but it terrified me!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    After he left he dissed us big time so all his good work as a player went down the pan.

Jay was better anyway.
    Without look it up I'm going to reasonably confidently say that Jerome has spent more time in the premier league than Jay Bothroyd and Cardiff City put together.

He may have made a slightly stupid comment but he's also spent time in Cardiff away ends since leaving us.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Without look it up I'm going to reasonably confidently say that Jerome has spent more time in the premier league than Jay Bothroyd and Cardiff City put together.

He may have made a slightly stupid* comment but he's also spent time in Cardiff away ends since leaving us.
    *although in light of recent times it was almost perfectly reasonable.

Big, strong, quick and a decent finisher. 27 league and cup goals in 79 appearances for us including 20 in 2005/6 when he was only 19.Massively better than anything we have now.

Has he died or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    Has he died or something?
    Franny is promoting his blog. Although the subject has triggered some discussion so it's not all bad.

I remember being amazed that we got £3m for him.

Had a good season with us and we got a more than decent transfer fee for him.
    My biggest memory of him though was at Leicester. We were in a relegation scrap and we got a decent point up there. After the match ended, the players came over to applaud us and Jerome was in absolute bits, crying his eyes out. The City fans all got behind him and he really seemed to appreciate it. The rumour was Dave Jones or a senior player had gave him a right bollicking and that's why he was so upset. Not sure how true that is though?
    Think his comments after he left, were blown totally out of proportion also.

Up his own arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Had a good season with us and we got a more than decent transfer fee for him.
    My biggest memory of him though was at Leicester. We were in a relegation scrap and we got a decent point up there. After the match ended, the players came over to applaud us and Jerome was in absolute bits, crying his eyes out. The City fans all got behind him and he really seemed to appreciate it. The rumour was Dave Jones or a senior player had gave him a right bollicking and that's why he was so upset. Not sure how true that is though?
    Think his comments after he left, were blown totally out of proportion also.
    Can't remember his comments but remember him as a young player with great potential. He was incredibly strong with good pace and decent build up play and finishing. Was disappointed we sold him but we needed the money and the fee seemed fair

Decent Striker, decent finisher, but never had that something that made him memorable, nor a fans favourite.
    Would be handy to have right now.

Remember him ripping Sheffield Wednesday to bits in a televised game at Hillsborough, he was unplayable that night, Wednesday couldn't cope with him at all.

What did he say after he left? I can't remember. Was it something about un not being a big club?

A good player. Strong and pacey.

A player. Pacey.

Last scorer of an FA cup goal at Highbury.

Pace to burn, a bit dodgy in one on one situations, suffered in the shadow of Earnie, poor comments after his departure but did enable to club to purchase a few players from his fee, Chopra being one of them.

He was a big headed git who thought he great but wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by long tom View Post
    He was a big headed git who thought he great but wasn't
    He went on to ply in the premier league and managed to stay in the PL for quite some time, suggesting he had a bit of talent.

I remember when he came on for his debut against leeds and motoring past a defender I've never seen a city player go so quick.

He was very good for us quick, strong decent in the air. Not a great footballer technically and you can see why he struggles for goals in the premier league.