+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you want Slade out look away now.

Re: If you want Slade out look away now.

If true I'm devastated

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Recognition for a job well done.
    "Russell, we're looking for a solid 7th place this year. Can you manage that?"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Arse licking yes man rewarded.

If this is confirmed my season ticket is getting cancelled.
    I wonder, if this was announced a week ago how many would have bothered to procure and then give out their free tickets. Or if it was a month ago how many would have renewed. I guess we'll never know. Well played again Vinny.

Arse licking yes man rewarded.

If this is confirmed my season ticket is getting cancelled.
    Why did you buy a ticket this season?

You already have had it in writing.

You must have been last in the queue when the brains were given out.

You call yourself " Chepstow " but you don't live in Chepstow you now tell us.

You think Slade is a " manager " when he is a fat , failed PE teacher.

Slade's reign has seen a collapse in paid for tickets at CCS yet you still bum him up.
    Looking from the outside, you're being daft. Cardiff don't even have a recognised striker, but still they have a chance of the play-offs. Slade has made far more money, has far more plaudits, and is far more respected in his line of work than I suspect you are in yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Shocking decision. Anyone with eyes can see he hasn't got a clue,watching the games with his arms folded over his fat belly.
    The club has brought a feel good factor back to watching Cardiff, keeping that "no mark" on will only erode that factor.
    Who to replace him with... oh yeah, Bellamy. That'll work for 5 weeks. Tan knows more about football than the majority of Cardiff fans. "Don't sack the guy, Malky Mackay". In fairness, he waited and what a mess it became.

Last time I looked on the Wales online site 53% were against extending your bum chums contract.

How you can call anyone stubborn is beyond me as we are missing out on any chance of promotion yet again
    becauase we have an arse licking , uncharismatic , clueless in the transfer market fool in charge.

You will never say anything to me to change my mind on Russell Slade so if he gets a contract renewal I'll be giving up
    my season ticket as well as reading sycophantic shyte from you and the other Slade bummers.
    53% want him to stay now.

Whether you like him or not or think he's done a good job or not the personal insults that are dished out to him are pathetic.

People calling him fat, an arse licker etc. The people calling him this pathetic and I imagine if we judged you on your looks and achievements in life we could deride you much more.

Discuss the man's ability as a manager and slag it off but the personal insults and grown men using phrases like "bummers" is the most pathetic thing I've seen on here.

The equivalent of playing the man not the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Who to replace him with... oh yeah, Bellamy. That'll work for 5 weeks. Tan knows more about football than the majority of Cardiff fans. "Don't sack the guy, Malky Mackay". In fairness, he waited and what a mess it became.
    Makes no sense whatsoever. What are you trying to say?

When Solsjear left we were 17th and looking likely to be relegated, Slade took over and got us to 11th, this seas he's improved us agai, whilst weeding out a lot of, very expensive, deadwood.
    I'm not his biggest fan by a long chalk, but if you or I were given a job, set objectives, and met those objectives, we'd be pretty hacked off if we were let go.
    He deserves a new contract IMHO

Last time I looked on the Wales online site 53% were against extending your bum chums contract.

How you can call anyone stubborn is beyond me as we are missing out on any chance of promotion yet again
    becauase we have an arse licking , uncharismatic , clueless in the transfer market fool in charge.

You will never say anything to me to change my mind on Russell Slade so if he gets a contract renewal I'll be giving up
    my season ticket
    as well as reading sycophantic shyte from you and the other Slade bummers.
    So you'll only support the team if you like the manager? I take it if we make the playoffs, you won't be going to Wembley then?
    Presumably you've already renewed, in which case you'll be marching down the ticket office to get a refund.
    Hopefully a proper fan will take it off your hands.

I've very mixed feelings on this. Six months ago I would have been slagging off Vincent Tan for his lunacy in offering a new contract to someone who had done little to justify one, but we're a different club now. If, like an awful lot of supporters, your main judgments on your club's manager are based on what you see from the first team in their home matches, then, undeniably, Russell Slade has done better than he was doing - we have a very good home record, results are good, the team are certainly playing for the manager and the football is a lot more watchable than it was.

I think it's significant that most of the criticism directed at our manager in this thread relates to his appearance - it's a lot harder to criticise Russell Slade on footballing grounds now than it has been at other times during his spell here.

It may be harder to be critical, but it's not impossible. If, as seems very likely now, we don't make the Play Offs, there are a few matches which will be looked back on as key during our season, but I'd also argue that, in general, our away form hasn't been good enough. I still believe the "underdog" football we played during Russell Slade's first year at the club resurfaces from time to time away from home (four points from our away matches against the current bottom four is a poor return for a team in our position) and we appear to think that an away draw is always a good result - it often can be, but we seemed reluctant to push on for wins sometimes at grounds where other promotion chasing teams would look for three points rather than one.

I'm not convinced by our manager in the transfer market either - if it's true that we are trying to sign Lex Immers permanently, then it seems we will have a bigger transfer budget than last year as long as the embargo is lifted, has Russell Slade done enough so far to convince you that the money will be well spent?

There's also my personal gripe about youth development and, as someone said on my blog yesterday, it's hard to imagine our club's young pros and Academy scholars being thrilled about any offer of a new contract to our manager based on what he has done for the youth set up at the club so far. If Russell Slade does stay, I truly hope he does something in the next year to shut me up about this matter, but, if we keep on going like we are, the standard of young player at the club will decline and this is bound to have an impact on the first team eventually.

When all's said and done though, we have a manager who has got the team maintaining a promotion challenge with just five matches left to play, despite having no sort of transfer budget to work with and an embargo against the club over the second half of the campaign. He's also had to reduce the size of the squad by cutting the wage bill and not all of the players who have left would fall into the deadwood category.

People look at that from the outside and say Russell Slade has done a terrific job here. It's a hard to argue effectively against the facts above (at least I view them as facts) - if it was my choice to make I think I'd still look elsewhere for a manager, but it would be a very close call and I can understand why Vincent Tan might think he's better off sticking with what he's got.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 15-04-16 at 05:23.

my season ticket as well as reading sycophantic shyte from you and the other Slade bummers.
    I reckon half those that voted in the Wales online poll were jacks

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    So you'll only support the team if you like the manager? I take it if we make the playoffs, you won't be going to Wembley then?
    Presumably you've already renewed, in which case you'll be marching down the ticket office to get a refund.
    Well said

a job was finally done

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think it's significant that most of the criticism directed at our manager in this thread relates to his appearance - it's a lot harder to criticise Russell Slade on footballing grounds now than it has been at other times during his spell here.
    While agreeing with most of what you say, Slade does seem to have been more careful about his images which make the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    53% want him to stay now.

Oh dear BlueWales...... another one of your arguments has gone out the window now.....!!

Banned

Instead of so called fans calling him names which is a bit childish really, perhaps they could support him for a change. He may not be perfect but what manager is? O I forgot about Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've very mixed feelings on this. Six months ago I would have been slagging off Vincent Tan for his lunacy in offering a new contract to someone who had done little to justify one, but we're a different club now. If, like an awful lot of supporters, your main judgments on your club's manager are based on what you see from the first team in their home matches, then, undeniably, Russell Slade has done better than he was doing - we have a very good home record, results are good, the team are certainly playing for the manager and the football is a lot more watchable than it was.

It may be harder to be critical, but it's not impossible. If, as seems very likely now, we don't make the Play Offs, there are a few matches which will be looked back on as key during our season, but I'd also argue that, in general, our away form hasn't been good enough. I still believe the "underdog" football we played during Russell Slade's first year at the club resurfaces from time to time away from home (four points from our away matches against the current bottom four is a poor return for a team in our position) and we appear to think that an away draw is always a good result - it often can be, but we seemed reluctant to push on for wins sometimes at grounds where other promotion chasing teams would look for three points rather than one.

I'm not convinced by our manager in the transfer market either - if it's true that we are trying to sign Lex Immers permanently, then it seems we will have a bigger transfer budget than last year as long as the embargo is lifted, has Russell Slade done enough so far to convince you that the money will be well spent?

There's also my personal gripe about youth development and, as someone said on my blog yesterday, it's hard to imagine our club's young pros and Academy scholars being thrilled about any offer of a new contract to our manager based on what he has done for the youth set up at the club so far. If Russell Slade does stay, I truly hope he does something in the next year to shut me up about this matter, but, if we keep on going like we are, the standard of young player at the club will decline and this is bound to have an impact on the first team eventually.

When all's said and done though, we have a manager who has got the team maintaining a promotion challenge with just five matches left to play, despite having no sort of transfer budget to work with and an embargo against the club over the second half of the campaign. He's also had to reduce the size of the squad by cutting the wage bill and not all of the players who have left would fall into the deadwood category.

People look at that from the outside and say Russell Slade has done a terrific job here. It's a hard to argue effectively against the facts above (at least I view them as facts) - if it was my choice to make I think I'd still look elsewhere for a manager, but it would be a very close call and I can understand why Vincent Tan might think he's better off sticking with what he's got.
    The gripes you have are standard fan with manager gripes though. I mean Jones used to lose leads on a weekly basis of games we should've won but but was still a decent manager.

Mourinho doesn't play anyone under about 45 but still does alright for the first team.

As you said different people will add different value to what makes the manager successful at a club, but overall it has to be league position. It's the only guaranteed marker. For me coming just outside the play offs this year is better than I thought so maybe adds to why I think he certainly deserves another season.

One other point is, how easy was it for Slade to attract players to the club last year? I wouldn't have wanted to join us if I was a player. That feeling seems to have moved on a fair bit now at least which might suggest he has an easier ride in the transfer market this coming summer.

Good, I think he has earned another chance.
    I know it hasn't been the best time for fans over the last cpl of years, but he has turned around a very bad situation.
    Some clubs take years to recover from the post premier league hangover.
    Others never recover.

A change now would potentially set us back years.

Well done after what he's had to put up with this season I think he's done a fantastic job

People saying they're cancelling due to slade being given a contract either no **** all about football, were spoilt as children or not a true supporter IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Well done after what he's had to put up with this season I think he's done a fantastic job

People saying they're cancelling due to slade being given a contract either no **** all about football, were spoilt as children or not a true supporter IMHO
    Just like people who constantly bang on about Ashley Williams not being Welsh perhaps ?

We all have our likes and dislikes. My dislike happens to be Slade.

It's " know " by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Oh dear BlueWales...... another one of your arguments has gone out the window now.....!!

Only because you stayed up all night voting " stay ". Hope you've got unlimited broadband to match your unlimited love for Russ.

Just like people who constantly bang on about Ashley Williams not being Welsh perhaps ?

We all have our likes and dislikes. My dislike happens to be Slade.

It's " know " by the way.
    Ashley Williams gets more support on here than any Swansea player ever. One poster slags him off constantly, nearly everyone else is supportive of him.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I have been a " proper fan " since 1965 but we all have our breaking points and Slade is mine and judging by the fall in " real " attendances and seaon ticket sales since Slade's appointment thousands of fans agree with me.