+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you want Slade out look away now.

Re: If you want Slade out look away now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Only because you stayed up all night voting " stay ". Hope you've got unlimited broadband to match your unlimited love for Russ.
    How old are you? You sound like a 10 year old girl ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Ashley Williams gets more support on here than any Swansea player ever. One poster slags him off constantly, nearly everyone else is supportive of him.
    Including me.

I have been a " proper fan " since 1965 but we all have our breaking points and Slade is mine and judging by the fall in " real " attendances and seaon ticket sales since Slade's appointment thousands of fans agree with me.
    Haven't we smashed last season's total sales already this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How old are you? You sound like a 10 year old girl ffs.
    Can't you work it out ?

Thought you were thick. Know a lot about 10 year old girls do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Haven't we smashed last season's total sales already this season?
    Which was way down on the previous couple of seasons.

Banned

Including me.
    You support a Swansea player but you won't support the manager of the football club you purport to follow.
    We got some right ones amongst us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You support a Swansea player but you won't support the manager of the football club you purport to follow.

The gripes you have are standard fan with manager gripes though. I mean Jones used to lose leads on a weekly basis of games we should've won but but was still a decent manager.

Mourinho doesn't play anyone under about 45 but still does alright for the first team.

As you said different people will add different value to what makes the manager successful at a club, but overall it has to be league position. It's the only guaranteed marker. For me coming just outside the play offs this year is better than I thought so maybe adds to why I think he certainly deserves another season.

One other point is, how easy was it for Slade to attract players to the club last year? I wouldn't have wanted to join us if I was a player. That feeling seems to have moved on a fair bit now at least which might suggest he has an easier ride in the transfer market this coming summer.
    Fair enough, I've no real arguments with much of what you say, but, judging by the noises coming out of the club throughout the season, seventh in the Championship should be judged as a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair enough, I've no real arguments with much of what you say, but, judging by the noises coming out of the club throughout the season, seventh in the Championship should be judged as a failure.
    I think the club were just paying lip service. If they came out and said anything better than mid-table would mean he keeps his job, we'd have all been in uproar. The aim has to be promotion every season or what is the point?

The mess we were in, suggested to me that we were likely to be fighting the other end rather than still have a possibility with 5 games to go. As someone mentioned earlier some sides seem to take years to get over the Premiership hangover, if at all. That was where I thought we were heading. Others clearly disagree, which is fine because you summed it up well in saying about different people associate success to differing things.

Can't you work it out ?

Well done for backing up my point.

I think the club were just paying lip service. If they came out and said anything better than mid-table would mean he keeps his job, we'd have all been in uproar. The aim has to be promotion every season or what is the point?

The mess we were in, suggested to me that we were likely to be fighting the other end rather than still have a possibility with 5 games to go. As someone mentioned earlier some sides seem to take years to get over the Premiership hangover, if at all. That was where I thought we were heading. Others clearly disagree, which is fine because you summed it up well in saying about different people associate success to differing things.
    Premiership hangover

We were only up there for one season and for around half of that season we pretty much knew we were coming back down. Dropping back down to the Championship was hardly a culture shock we had been there for a decade prior to that one year.

Apart from the big spending 4 - Hull, Boro, Derby, Burnley - im sure most if not all of the other managers in the division would swap for our so called "mess".

A squad full of very talented players for this division, internationals, several having won the league 2 years previous, millions spent on the squad in fees and wages, superb facilities.etc.etc.

Blackpool last year is what id call a "mess", or Bolton this season. Bottom of the league and unable to pay their players. Thats a mess.

Its easy to cut costs when youve got around 40 well paid senior players and youre just cutting it down to a more managable 24/25.

Mess my arse
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 15-04-16 at 11:32.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Premiership hangover

We were only up there for one season and for around half of that season we pretty much knew we were coming back down. Dropping back down to the Championship was hardly a culture shock we had been there for a decade prior to that one year.

Apart from the big spending 4 - Hull, Boro, Derby, Burnley - im sure most if not all of the other managers in the division would swap for our so called "mess".

A squad full of very talented players for this division, internationals, several having won the league 2 years previous, millions spent on the squad in fees and wages, superb facilities.etc.etc.

Blackpool last year is what id call a "mess", or Bolton this season. Bottom of the league and unable to pay their players. Thats a mess.

Its easy to cut costs when youve got around 40 well paid senior players and youre just cutting it down to a more managable 24/25.

Mess my arse
    We were a "mess" in the Premier League so dropping down a division wouldn't have sorted that out.

We were a "mess" in the Premier League so dropping down a division wouldn't have sorted that out.
    Why not? Norwich were just as bad as us in the Premier League, started off badly in the Championship, employed a decent manager and bounced back up.

Why not? Norwich were just as bad as us in the Premier League, started off badly in the Championship, employed a decent manager and bounced back up.
    Norwich weren't the same sort of mess as we were. I don't just mean the amount of games won and lost. The club was messed up right the way through it.

The fans were arguing with each other, the fans hated the owner, the owner hated the fans, the owner had a vendetta about a former manager etc.

Norwich had none of that going on.

I don't get the timing of this release.

What will he think now if he fails to get into the top 6? No problem as I will be awarded a new contract.

He has done well in recent months but lest we forget the appalling stuff we had to put up with most of last season and up until the new year.

They say "better the devil you know" but who knows what a different manager well chosen could do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    I don't get the timing of this release.

What will he think now if he fails to get into the top 6? No problem as I will be awarded a new contract.

He has done well in recent months but lest we forget the appalling stuff we had to put up with most of last season and up until the new year.

They say "better the devil you know" but who knows what a different manager well chosen could do.
    Perfect timing in my opinion, instead of Slade worrying about whether he is going to be sacked at the end of the season, he can now concentrate on the final run-in. It should give the Club, management and fans a massive boost. The good news just keeps on coming.

Norwich weren't the same sort of mess as we were. I don't just mean the amount of games won and lost. The club was messed up right the way through it.

The fans were arguing with each other, the fans hated the owner, the owner hated the fans, the owner had a vendetta about a former manager etc.

Norwich had none of that going on.
    What the hell has that got to do with what goes on the pitch?

Man United were winning titles whilst the fans were campaigning against the Glaziers.

Lame excuse. Why would Tan hating Malky have any effect on how well Peter Whittingham plays for example?

Whittingham is playing better because it took Slade over a 12 month to realise hes not a centre midfielder in a 2 man midfield not because the club is back in blue and Tan is on the charm offensive.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 15-04-16 at 15:48.

What the hell has that got to do with what goes on the pitch?

Man United were winning titles whilst the fans were campaigning against the Glaziers.

Lame excuse. Why would Tan hating Malky have any effect on how well Peter Whittingham plays for example?

Whittingham is playing better because it took Slade over a 12 month to realise hes not a centre midfielder in a 2 man midfield not because the club is back in blue and Tan is on the charm offensive.
    That's fine, you think outside influences have zero influence on the pitch. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I have been a " proper fan " since 1965 but we all have our breaking points and Slade is mine and judging by the fall in " real " attendances and seaon ticket sales since Slade's appointment thousands of fans agree with me.
    You've been a proper fan since 1965 and in that time we've had Durban, Yorath, Neal, Osman, Gould and Hibbit yet it takes a manager who takes the team to the brink of being in with a shout of the top tier to take you to your breaking point? Wow.

Just like people who constantly bang on about Ashley Williams not being Welsh perhaps ?

We all have our likes and dislikes. My dislike happens to be Slade.

It's " know " by the way.
    This is priceless..........

Can't you work it out ?

Hilarious ..... Wish I could bottle this

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdsover.... View Post
    You've been a proper fan since 1965 and in that time we've had Durban, Yorath, Neal, Osman, Gould and Hibbit yet it takes a manager who takes the team to the brink of being in with a shout of the top tier to take you to your breaking point? Wow.
    Oh dear"..........

Perfect timing in my opinion, instead of Slade worrying about whether he is going to be sacked at the end of the season, he can now concentrate on the final run-in. It should give the Club, management and fans a massive boost. The good news just keeps on coming.

The good news? This is not good news.

Didn't you pick up on the fact that 1 point out of 6, including a loss to the team with one of the worst defences in the league has left our remote play off chances in tatters?

This squad even prior to Inmers & Lawrence should never have been outside the top 6 all season. Dreadful tactics and team selection by an uninspiring manager should have seen him replaced by xmas. City need a fresh football approach next season, and that is not under Slade.

Well said that man.....lol

I am truly dissapointed with this the club show no ambition in giving Russ a new contract granted he has done what was asked of him I honestly believe next season is a chance for someone decent to come in and get us promoted it really grinds my gears when people keep saying he's had it rough or he's had one hand tied behind his back he has had a decent enough squad all season to get us comfortably in the play offs so for me we have under achieved this year and he should be gone and if you like tandy/chepstow he can walk out with his head held high