+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leicester

Leicester

Interesting tactical analysis I found on Twitter.

Re: Leicester

Football, it's a simple game isn't it?

Are about to capitulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Are about to capitulate.
    Forcing a last minute equaliser when down to ten men after your top scorer is sent off...the very definition of capitulation.

Are about to capitulate.
    Not even Dave Jones could throw away the position they are in.

It seems to me that in the post tiki-taka age, the new trends in football tactics would seem to suit the traditional British game rather well.
    Leicester have done well with no emphasis on individual technical ability, but through a system that means teams can't play through them easily, and getting it forward as quickly as possible to attack a disorganised defence.

Combine that with the high pressing style that spurs and Liverpool exhibit (which seems to be the latest trend). Then you have a game which favours athletic hard working, tactically disciplined players.

Could this swing in styles mean that England and perhaps Wales actually do rather well at the Euros this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Forcing a last minute equaliser when down to ten men after your top scorer is sent off...the very definition of capitulation.
    My money is going on Spurs.

Leicester are shot.

Leicester are shot.
    One defeat in 16, right you are

Out of interest, why don't you want Leicester to win it? You said a few weeks ago you hoped they'd slip up.

Can see Spurs only taking 9 more points this season.
    I can see Leicester possibly taking 4.
    If Leicester lose this it will take one almighty feck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not even Dave Jones could throw away the position they are in.
    One defeat in 16, right you are

Out of interest, why don't you want Leicester to win it? You said a few weeks ago you hoped they'd slip up.
    The clacker things their fans make a din with , very irritating.

I dont know why really, I dont care who wins it but I have a real strong feeling they are about to capitulate.
    Tottenham are a much better football side as well.

Leicester are shot.
    Let's analyse this.

Leicester have 4 games left. Swansea should be a guaranteed win, even without Vardy. The Jacks can't defend set pieces while Leicester have one of the best records at scoring from them. Swansea struggle to score at the best of times and I'd be surprised if they got a goal next Sunday. Swansea's passing game will simply be swamped. They are no West Ham.

That leaves them 5 points from the title.

No way are Spurs going to win all of their remaining 5 games. Just not possible when you're chasing down a large points total. If they get close they'll get twitchy, too. Even if they did brilliantly and only drop points in 1 game, Leicester then only need 1 win from their last 3. If Spurs win 3 and draw their remaining 2, Leicester would need 1 point from their last 3.

If Leicester are shot, then 20 points from their last 24 is a good effort for a shot team.

They've lost 3 all season and to lose the title they'd probably need to lose at least 3 more. Man Utd might beat them at Old Trafford as they are desperate to finish in the top 4 (though unlikely at the moment), Everton have only 1 win (an expected one at Villa) in their last 8, then there's Chelsea, who would love anyone bar Spurs to win the title.

I would be surprised if Spurs win 4 out of 5. I can't see Leicester losing 3 out of 4, especially with only Swansea and Everton going to the King Power.

Let's analyse this.

They've lost 3 all season and to lose the title they'd probably need to lose at least 3 more.
    Also worth mentioning that if you add the last four games on from last season, Leicester have gone a 38 game season with just three defeats. It doesn't affect what will happen from now on, but still quite an achievement.

Leicester have had six clean sheets in the last eight. They've become very solid, while Swansea, Everton, Man Utd and Chelsea have all struggled a bit in front of goal lately. In the last six games, only Watford and Villa have scored fewer than Everton or Man Utd (both on four goals). So I expect them to keep picking up the points, even if not as a string of wins.

Leicester are shot.
    BOOKMARKED!!!

Also worth mentioning that if you add the last four games on from last season, Leicester have gone a 38 game season with just three defeats. It doesn't affect what will happen from now on, but still quite an achievement.

Leicester have had six clean sheets in the last eight. They've become very solid, while Swansea, Everton, Man Utd and Chelsea have all struggled a bit in front of goal lately. In the last six games, only Watford and Villa have scored fewer than Everton or Man Utd (both on four goals). So I expect them to keep picking up the points, even if not as a string of wins.

I don't think Spurs will win tonight either. It's the cliched tough game at Stoke, although not a Tuesday or February so should be a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I don't think Spurs will win tonight either. It's the cliched tough game at Stoke, although not a Tuesday or February so should be a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy View Post
    BOOKMARKED!!!
    Hey Bobby, did you enjoy the football yesterday?

Let's analyse this.

Leicester have 4 games left. Swansea should be a guaranteed win, even without Vardy. The Jacks can't defend set pieces while Leicester have one of the best records at scoring from them. Swansea struggle to score at the best of times and I'd be surprised if they got a goal next Sunday. Swansea's passing game will simply be swamped. They are no West Ham.

That leaves them 5 points from the title.

No way are Spurs going to win all of their remaining 5 games. Just not possible when you're chasing down a large points total. If they get close they'll get twitchy, too. Even if they did brilliantly and only drop points in 1 game, Leicester then only need 1 win from their last 3. If Spurs win 3 and draw their remaining 2, Leicester would need 1 point from their last 3.

If Leicester are shot, then 20 points from their last 24 is a good effort for a shot team.

They've lost 3 all season and to lose the title they'd probably need to lose at least 3 more. Man Utd might beat them at Old Trafford as they are desperate to finish in the top 4 (though unlikely at the moment), Everton have only 1 win (an expected one at Villa) in their last 8, then there's Chelsea, who would love anyone bar Spurs to win the title.

I would be surprised if Spurs win 4 out of 5. I can't see Leicester losing 3 out of 4, especially with only Swansea and Everton going to the King Power.
    That is a strong argument Eric, backed with good facts.
    I just have a hunch they are going to implode and yesterday was the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Could this swing in styles mean that England and perhaps Wales actually do rather well at the Euros this summer?
    That's how Greece won it in 2004.

Are about to capitulate.
    My prediction was that it's not yet over (http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...-0-2-Leicester) which currently seems far more realistic than "Leicester are nailed on!" and "Leicester are going to capitulate".

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    My prediction was that it's not yet over (http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...-0-2-Leicester) which currently seems far more realistic than "Leicester are nailed on!" and "Leicester are going to capitulate".
    Indeed you made a decent point. My argument is based solely on instinct which isnt a particularly good argument.

You should keep away from the football threads TruBlue.

Stick to sarcasm and clever dick answers.